Monday, September 28, 2020
  Bizarre

Real-life Hogwarts opens its doors in Poland

Posted on Monday, 22 December, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

Poland's Czocha Castle certainly looks a lot like Hogwarts. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Rafa Konieczny
The Czocha College of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been heavily inspired by the Harry Potter universe.
The school, which is actually a live role-playing event, invites participants to don their robes and participate in actual classes where they are taught how to cast spells.

Set in Poland's Czocha castle, the four-day event doesn't seek to duplicate J.K. Rowling's world but has been heavily inspired by it.
The school even has its own versions of the five houses - Durentius, Faust, Libussa, Molin and Sendivogius.

"It's essentially the same as when kids use curtains as robes and sticks as wands and run around pretending to be witches and wizards," the organizer's wrote. "Except we're grownups with nicer costumes and a lot of experience in designing interactive experiences for each other."

Budding wizards interested in signing up however might have to wait a while for their acceptance letter as the most recent event managed to sell out within just two days.

Source: Independent | Comments (16)

Tags: Hogwarts, Czocha, Harry Potter

Comment icon #7 Posted by Harte on 23 December, 2014, 4:49
I wonder if they need professors. Harteldore
Comment icon #8 Posted by Alas_113 on 23 December, 2014, 7:14
my brother would kill to go there lol Me too! LOL!
Comment icon #9 Posted by bubblykiss on 23 December, 2014, 7:20
I wonder if they need professors. Harteldore Dear Hogwarts-esque Academy I have a Ph.d in practical applied Necromancy and have extensive experience in Catology (the study of demonic cats or, rather, just normal cats) and am able to employ several latin sounding words in a sentence that can confuse somebody who had never bothered to study the language. I look forward to your response. Viz-ah-vib, et ceterahus and ad expandiae(ium/bae) Bubblykiss Post Script: I will curse all of your coffee machines if you fail to retain my services.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Iron_Lotus on 23 December, 2014, 7:23
Me too! LOL! aww lol
Comment icon #11 Posted by atomk12 on 23 December, 2014, 9:17
They won't be the first to capitlize on peoples fantasies. Disney is the expert on that. Disney world Harry Potter world. Im sure this place is much more expensive. I would like to join myself and I even have my own spell to contribute. silentium meus uxor = Silence my wife
Comment icon #12 Posted by Red Moon on 23 December, 2014, 13:00
Errrr
Comment icon #13 Posted by aniknonymous on 23 December, 2014, 16:54
nop... hell no... they could have events like "kill the giant spider"...i can imagine my self walking down the yard going to hagrid's hut and suddenly a motherf.ing giant spider running towards me... i would die on the spot...
Comment icon #14 Posted by DieChecker on 23 December, 2014, 19:53
Dear Hogwarts-esque Academy I have a Ph.d in practical applied Necromancy and have extensive experience in Catology (the study of demonic cats or, rather, just normal cats) and am able to employ several latin sounding words in a sentence that can confuse somebody who had never bothered to study the language. I look forward to your response. Viz-ah-vib, et ceterahus and ad expandiae(ium/bae) Bubblykiss Post Script: I will curse all of your coffee machines if you fail to retain my services. I'm voting for you to be the new Professor of Defense Against the Dark Cats....
Comment icon #15 Posted by Princess Serenity on 25 December, 2014, 23:41
Yay Poland! Love you even more.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ryu on 28 December, 2014, 22:31
Well..it is cute I guess so long as people keep in mind that none of it is real and nothing you "learn" there is useful. I think Britain or some place had almost the same thing except they presented it as genuine education and one could actually get a certificate for such silliness. I guess people were actually sending their kids there thinking that this fantasy education would be useful. Oh well, a great money-maker for someone.

'Spooky' moving curtain goes viral on TikTok
9-28-2020
A clip that some have attributed to a ghostly visitor has received over 8 million views on the video sharing site.
Doctors discover needles in woman's brain
9-27-2020
A woman who underwent a CT scan in China was inexplicably found to have two needles in her head.
Man dies after eating too much black licorice
9-27-2020
The popular sweet treat may seem harmless enough, but eating too much of it can literally prove fatal.
Couple spots 'bus-sized' creature in Loch Ness
9-26-2020
Corey Sturrock and his wife had been out for a walk when they spotted something very large in the water.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball