Monday, November 11, 2019

Massive snakeskin supports 'Wessie' rumors

Posted on Wednesday, 24 August, 2016 | Comment icon 14 comments
A huge snakeskin measuring 12ft in length has been found near Riverbank Park in the US state of Maine.
Discovered by a member of the public at around 3pm on Saturday, the skin has since attracted the attention of local police officers who have been working to photograph and document it.

The find has been linked to reports of a particularly large snake nicknamed "Wessie" that has been sighted several times in the area. While it isn't clear whether the skin belongs to that particular snake, if it does then it would corroborate claims that the creature is over 12ft long.
"Westbrook Police Officers responded, photographed, collected, and tagged the skin which will be examined in attempts to determine what type of snake shed it and what risks this type of snake poses to public safety," the department wrote on its Facebook page.

According to cryptozoologist Bill Brock however the snakeskin discovery may be a bit suspect.

"That thing was laid out in a way that kind of suggests that someone just literally laid it there, and Iím pretty sure thatís how the snakeskin got there, but I do think Wessie is real, and I do think Wessie is out at the Riverbank Park somewhere," he said.

Whether officers will be able to get to the bottom of the mystery however remains to be seen.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (14)

Tags: Wessie, Snake, Maine

Comment icon #5 Posted by paperdyer on 24 August, 2016, 15:45
Regardless whether it's 10 ft or 12 ft, I want no part of it!
Comment icon #6 Posted by BeastieRunner on 24 August, 2016, 21:50
That's a big snake ... I hope they find it!
Comment icon #7 Posted by stereologist on 25 August, 2016, 0:00
I find snakes in my house every fall.† Sometimes it is the live snake. Sometimes it is just a snake skin. The snake skins can be any place imaginable.† I do not mind the snakes. They are temporary visitors that are trying to keep what would like to permanent visitors out of my house. I do find it interesting that the skin was fairly linear. Rat snakes and brown racers do not do that where I live. But we are not dealing with that species since the skin is much longer than what those snakes could grow to. I doubt the snake will be located. What we d know from the Everglades is that snake should ... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 25 August, 2016, 2:22
No snakes inside, but I make sure that if I find any on my property I treat them well and not disturb them--except to move them out of the yard so I don't hit them with the mower† They kill vermin, and as far as I'm concerned, they are welcome here as long for as long as I am here.
Comment icon #9 Posted by stereologist on 25 August, 2016, 12:50
I was thinking about the snake skin being laid out straight. I'll bet that was done to measure its length. A snake usually does some rubbing to remove the old skin.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 25 August, 2016, 15:14
I have seen a couple fairly straight ones around here, but mostly they're all bunched up. I've never seen a 10ft snakeskin....yikes. †I have seen at least 6ft of black snake slithering off into the grass near the barn....please note that I didn't see it's head so it was at least six feet long, by my crude estimates.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Varelse on 25 August, 2016, 22:47
Sounds like a hoax we did back in college - a guy had a 7 ft python with about 5 feet of skin but we left it where it was an obvious plant-in a classroom. Still scared some people.
Comment icon #12 Posted by some new guy on 31 August, 2016, 12:19
the snakeskin has been identified as an anaconda https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/30/snake-skin-found-maine-belongs-anaconda/qf9d3p1L6SZFNt3qS7tI2L/story.html BEST - Ron
Comment icon #13 Posted by DieChecker on 2 September, 2016, 12:18
I read about this. The skin was confirmed to be from an anaconda. The best guess so far is someone planted it there. However they (the local government) also said that experts say that if the snake is really there, it will die long before winter, as the weather dips down into the 60s and 50s, it will get sluggish and then die.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Silver_Lyre on 4 September, 2016, 5:27
...i wonder if any family pets have gone missing in the area.

BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
Video of a fish with a human-like face goes viral
11-11-2019
Unnerving footage of a carp with distinctly human-like facial features has recently emerged on social media.
Geneticists propose human/tardigrade hybrids
11-11-2019
Combining tardigrade DNA with our own could one day improve our ability to survive for long periods in space.
Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
11-10-2019
This spectacular celestial event, which only happens a few times per century, will be visible for 5.5 hours.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia