Thursday, August 22, 2019

Visitor encounters 'ghost' on USS Lexington

Posted on Sunday, 5 August, 2018 | Comment icon 7 comments

The USS Lexington has been permanently docked since 1992. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Liveon001
The World War II-era vessel, which is now a museum, has seen more than its fair share of ghost sightings.
Having been featured on TV shows such as 'Ghost Hunters' and 'Ghost Lab', the ship, which is home to an extensive labyrinth of rooms and corridors, has more than earned its haunted reputation.

"There [are] a bunch of stories that we just can't discredit," said tour guide Bill Miller.

The most recent report comes courtesy of Will Smith, a visitor to the vessel who had taken a photograph showing the reflection of an unknown individual standing near one of the displays.

Although it is possible to reproduce the sighting by standing in a certain position, Smith remains adamant that there was nobody else there at the time and the reflection is clearly not his own.

"Nothing in the room! There is nothing that can make that reflection. I'm 5' 3' and 280 pounds. That's defiantly not me in that reflection," he said.

A news report featuring both an interview with Smith and the photo itself can be viewed below.

Source: KZTV10.com | Comments (7)

Tags: USS Lexington, Ghost

Comment icon #1 Posted by acute on 4 August, 2018, 13:05
When it's possible to replicate the original so closely, it can safely be dismissed.
Comment icon #2 Posted by HollyDolly on 8 August, 2018, 19:27
Ghost Hunters was there.not sure about ghost Adventures. It's about 200 miles from me but haven't been to Corpus Christi in over 30 years.
Comment icon #3 Posted by papageorge1 on 9 August, 2018, 16:01
Yep, I am already convinced old prisons, battlegrounds, mental asylums, battleships, etc. (generally places of past intense emotions) are places more rife with the real paranormal today.
Comment icon #4 Posted by pallidin on 11 August, 2018, 19:49
Speaking only for myself, I do believe in ghosts and the paranormal in general. Lot of fakes out there. Hard to make sense of any of this with so many "personal-agenda" psychos out there. Or innocent misinterpretation. Either way, paranormal  studies are hard.
Comment icon #5 Posted by ETXKiowa on 23 August, 2018, 1:58
I have been on the Lexington. Its a cool ship. Never 'felt' anything there. Battleship Texas is another story, it has some energy.
Comment icon #6 Posted by TripGun on 11 September, 2018, 16:52
I had a ghost of my neighbors grandpa that kept visiting my wife whenever I wasn't home. I even set up a camera and caught pictures and showed them to my neighbor because looked just like him so I know that they had to be related and he told me the story of his grandpa running around like that. I admit I was skeptical at first but when you see it, it changes everything.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Patient Zero on 12 September, 2018, 7:33
Please, share those pictures amongst the group.

New Stegosaurus species found in Morocco
8-21-2019
Not only is the fossil a new species but it is also the earliest known Stegosaurus specimen ever discovered.
Scientists to reveal 'plausible' Nessie theory
8-21-2019
A biological study of Loch Ness has produced a credible explanation for the Loch Ness Monster phenomenon.
Mystery surrounds Himalayan 'skeleton lake'
8-21-2019
A shallow lake situated high up in the mountains of India is filled with skeletal remains dating back centuries.
Woman is visited by Pennywise the Clown
8-20-2019
A blood-soaked effigy of the titular character from the movie 'It' is the last thing you want to find in your yard.
A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx