Sunday, January 26, 2020

45% of Americans believe in paranormal entities

Posted on Monday, 21 October, 2019 | Comment icon 46 comments

What are your views on ghosts, demons and vampires ? Image Credit: PD - cocoparisienne
A new YouGov poll has revealed how many Americans believe in the existence of supernatural beings.
With Halloween fast approaching, British market research and data analytics firm YouGov decided to ask members of the public what they thought about ghosts, demons and other paranormal entities.

The results indicated that 45% of Americans subscribe to the notion that ghosts and demons either "definitely exist" or "probably exist", however belief in vampires was significantly less at only 13%.

Slightly more overall - a total of 46% - believed in some sort of supernatural being with the extra 1% presumably believing in some other type of paranormal entity that was not specifically listed in the poll.
YouGov has also listed the results based on the political views of the participants.

The results suggested that Republicans were far more likely to believe in supernatural beings than Democrats, with 54% vs 37% for demons, 46% vs 41% for ghosts and 14% vs 8% for vampires.

Overall, 50% of Republicans believed in some sort of supernatural being vs 41% for Democrats.

Source: YouGov | Comments (46)

Tags: Ghosts, Hauntings

Comment icon #37 Posted by XenoFish on 21 October, 2019, 17:23
You didn't "pretty it up", which is a better selling point to me. Too often we get the typical outlandish and exaggerated tales.
Comment icon #38 Posted by spud the mackem on 21 October, 2019, 17:29
Thankyou , truth is better than fiction ,regards
Comment icon #39 Posted by OverSword on 21 October, 2019, 17:36
Most Christian sects believe that all supernatural occurrence is evil trying to undermine God through distraction from Him.
Comment icon #40 Posted by papageorge1 on 21 October, 2019, 17:38
Millions and all mistakes and lies, bad odds there.
Comment icon #41 Posted by OverSword on 21 October, 2019, 17:42
I wonder if there is a culture on the planet that does not have stories about ghosts or demons?  Anybody know of one?
Comment icon #42 Posted by XenoFish on 21 October, 2019, 17:46

Comment icon #43 Posted by Robotic Jew on 21 October, 2019, 17:47
  I post this on all of the ghost threads I come across. Think this one is perfect for it.
Comment icon #44 Posted by the13bats on 21 October, 2019, 21:05
It's just a story. I meant and mean no offense the story is yours true to you, not mine and not true to me
Comment icon #45 Posted by DieChecker on 22 October, 2019, 1:35
True. And most dont believe in ghosts. Most believe a person's soul goes to heaven or hell, but never just hangs around. I think these numbers are besides a belief in religion, though I'd suspect some correlation anyway.
Comment icon #46 Posted by IBelieveWhatIWant on 22 October, 2019, 3:36
This is an experience I still can't explain by normal means So I used to live in a unit with my mum and brother. Once afternoon we were in the kitchen; he was cooking and I was talking to him. When we both heard something hit the ground from the laundry (sliding door that leads to the laundry is next to the oven and was open), before we had a chance to see what I was I looked down and saw a tub of washing detergent (5 liter tub of Cold Power which was roughly half full) at my feet. Now I know for a fact that previously it was on top of the washing machine (about 9 feet from me). The washing ma... [More]

Another 'Bigfoot' shows up on WSDOT webcam
1-26-2020
Authorities in Washington have recorded footage of a figure trudging through the snow near Snoqualmie Pass.
Space Force logo looks like it's from Star Trek
1-25-2020
President Donald Trump has revealed the official logo for the US Space Force - and it looks somewhat familiar...
Man behind exotic US Navy patents speaks out
1-25-2020
The engineer responsible for various exotic 'UFO tech' patents has spoken to the media for the first time.
Astronauts create first ever food baked in space
1-24-2020
In a first-of-its-kind experiment, the astronauts aboard the ISS have baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA