Thursday, November 26, 2020

32-year-old man looks like a 14-year-old boy

Posted on Sunday, 20 September, 2020 | Comment icon 19 comments

Vashurin has been stopped by police while driving to prove his age. Image Credit: Instagram / Denis Vashurin
Denis Vashurin is something of an online celebrity in Russia thanks to his bafflingly youthful appearance.
To the casual observer, Vashurin - who lives in a small village in Russia's Krasnoyarsk region - might appear to be like any other teenager, except for the fact that he is actually a 32-year-old man.

Born in 1987, Vashurin started out life as an ordinary child, however it wasn't long before his parents noticed that something was amiss and he wasn't growing the same as his peers.

The older he got, the more noticeable his affliction became. By the time he was a teenager, it was clear that he had stopped growing and seemed substantially younger than others his age.

"When I realized that I would no longer change physically, at first I felt somewhat uneasy," he said. "I thought about how everything would be, how my life would go on, whether it would be hard for me."
Despite appearing so young, Vashurin has managed to lead a relatively normal life, even though he has had to prove his age to authorities on several occasions, including while driving.

Ironically, his friends and even his girlfriend have come to refer to him as "grandpa".

"You cannot live my life," he said. "You do not know how you would live in my body, in my situation, what kind of person you would become. Therefore, do not judge."

A popular documentary about his life (in Russian) can be viewed below.

Source: Oddity Central | Comments (19)

Tags: Denis Vashurin

Comment icon #10 Posted by openozy on 20 September, 2020, 23:55
I know a lot of people that have smoked weed from an early age and they look much younger than non smokers.It could be lowering stress levels as I know stress ages you and is a big factor in opening the body to illness.I think it is a truly helpful herb if not abused and I'm glad society is starting to recognize this.
Comment icon #11 Posted by openozy on 21 September, 2020, 0:01
Yeah, he could be a liability in a blue light disco,lol.
Comment icon #12 Posted by himalyanmystic on 25 October, 2020, 11:32
Peter pan
Comment icon #13 Posted by Skulduggery on 26 October, 2020, 2:59
I read the comments above me and it sounds like everyone is comparing how young they look for their age. When in Rome. I'm 40. I have no grey hairs. I have no wrinkles. True story. Now that that's out of the way, I remember an episode of a TV show (maybe House?) that featured someone with a condition like this. Obviously, an actor portraying someone who doesn't appear to age.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Skulduggery on 26 October, 2020, 3:07
I tend to agree with you on this. Somewhat. I've almost died twice. I've gone through everything from homelessness to being carjacked to traveling across the country to work and drinking heavily (not any more) but people never believe me when I tell them my age. I think it is all about face shape honestly, and genetics. I do smoke weed, though, so there's that. I 100% agree about it relieving stress and that is its main function for me.
Comment icon #15 Posted by openozy on 26 October, 2020, 3:34
Denis must have been bottle fed edibles,lol.Yeah,genetics plays a big part though imo.I know people that have smoked weed for 50 years and they still think like teens,it's like it freezes time in some aspects.
Comment icon #16 Posted by jethrofloyd on 26 October, 2020, 12:10
Could a poo transplant one day be the secret of eternal youth?  https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-10-poo-transplant-day-secret-eternal.html Fecal transplants could one day be used as a therapy to restore cognitive function in the elderly—according to new research from the University of East Anglia, the University of Florence and the Quadram Institute. A new study published today shows how fecal transplants from older to younger mice altered their gut microbiome, which in turn impacted their spatial learning and memory.
Comment icon #17 Posted by jmccr8 on 27 October, 2020, 6:22
Hi Openozy If smoking pot affects them like that I think the numbers are quite low most are lazy thinkers that were never inspired to do/be something more but yes genetics may be an influence. Now that it's legal I grow my own. jmccr8
Comment icon #18 Posted by openozy on 27 October, 2020, 6:41
I was led to believe it only became illegal because of cotton growers being outdone by a much more environmentally friendly crop.I hope the world follows in your footsteps on this.It does take people's motivation away if they overdo it but is far superior to alcohol and it's devastating affects.
Comment icon #19 Posted by jmccr8 on 27 October, 2020, 6:49
Hi Ooenozy Nope anyone can grow three plants here and my neighbors all know I smoke especially when we had shut down and they would walk around the block to get out of the house and I don't smoke in the house.Got to meet a lot of neighbors from a distance and all is good. jmccr8

Prince Philip 'collects books on UFOs and ET'
11-25-2020
Recent reports suggest that the Queen's husband has a keen interest in reading about the UFO phenomenon.
Archaeologist finds 'childhood home of Jesus'
11-25-2020
Prof Ken Dark believes that he has identified the home where Jesus once lived beneath a convent in Nazareth.
Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force
11-24-2020
The US President is threatening to veto a defense bill that includes funding for the Pentagon's UFO task force.
Mystery '2001' monolith found in Utah desert
11-24-2020
A real-life version of the monolith from '2001: A Space Odyssey' has shown up in the middle of nowhere.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball