Thursday, August 11, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

North Korea blames 'alien things' for spread of Covid

July 1, 2022 | Comment icon 11 comments

North Korea claims success at dealing with Covid-19. Image Credit: U.S. Department of State
The notoriously insular country has offered up a rather unusual explanation for the origin of its Covid outbreak.
If there's one thing we can expect from North Korea after all these years, it's a less-than-honest appraisal of exactly how coronavirus - which seemed to have mostly avoided the country for the majority of the pandemic - ended up spreading life wildfire there in recent months.

According to state media in Pyongyang, the outbreak in the country began when citizens touched "alien things" which had landed near the border with South Korea.

This might sound odd - however this is unlikely to be a reference to extraterrestrial visitors.
Instead, the media is referring to South Korea, which has often sent balloons northward to deliver leaflets and even humanitarian aid over the border.

According to the report, a soldier and a small child contracted Covid-19 after finding the "alien" object in the hills near the border, after which the virus "rapidly spread" throughout the population.

Citizens were expected to "vigilantly deal with alien things coming by wind and other climate phenomena and balloons in the areas along the demarcation line and borders."

South Korea has since denied, however, that the virus could have reached North Korea in this way.

Source: BBC News | Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by Myles 1 month ago
It's 4th of July weekend in the states so many ant hills will be blown up by a firecracker.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Brandonchpr 1 month ago
Somehow it's even more absurd than extraterrestrials. I do appreciate the clarification however. It's probably not Aliens silly, it's obviously balloons from the south.  Oh ok...
Comment icon #4 Posted by simplybill 1 month ago
It’s too bad we can’t trust the information coming from North Korea. With their lack of vaccinations, they’d be an almost perfect ‘control group’ for the rest of the world.  I tested positive for Covid two weeks ago. Apparently I have the least aggressive form, because I wouldn’t even know I had Covid if I hadn’t gotten the lab test done. My symptoms aren’t much different than the symptoms I have on very high- pollen-count days in the Spring.    There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how Covid affects different people. I have a friend who’s very active (hiking and golfing). He was in the hos... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by ExoPaul 1 month ago
I think conspiracy theorists are reaching a little too far here. In the dictionary it states: ALIEN = belonging to a foreign country. My guess is that he said foreign objects and it was translated poorly to Alien Objects (which mean the same thing) and now article writers having a slow news day are picking up on it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Ell 1 month ago
You got yourself tested? Did you get a lolly for a reward? I mean: whatever use is it to get tested? If one is sick: stay home.   Intubated, eh? I suspect them shennannigans; it seems extremely unhealthy to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by simplybill 1 month ago
My symptoms were very mild, but my High School class reunion was coming up on the weekend and I didn’t want to put my friends at risk. I went to a drugstore for a Rapid Covid Test and tested positive for Covid, so I voluntarily quarantined. Better safe than sorry.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Ell 1 month ago
Didn´t you know that there was a certain risk that the whole world would be forced into lockdown just because you tested positive? Billions of people might have starved to death because they would not be able to leave their house and get food. Schools all over the world might have closed just because you tested positive, and the parents of all those children driven mad by the presence of their bored and unruly progeny.
Comment icon #9 Posted by OpenMindedSceptic 1 month ago
Its aliens. Or Venus, or a flock of seagulls or  balloon... Wait, what, a balloon? Again? They'll never buy that bunkum. OK, well dust off the balloon propaganda again....
Comment icon #10 Posted by Hawken 1 month ago
Comment icon #11 Posted by oslove 1 month ago
  There are people who have natural immunity, so that even though they are exposed to the Covid-19 virus, they don't get sick at all. Medical scientists should study these people, to find out what is in them that accounts for their immunity, and produce that something, to put into the body of 'normal' people, instead of endless vaccinations.

Total Posts: 7,311,368    Topics: 300,796    Members: 197,974