Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Ireland alien abduction case still intrigues

Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 | Comment icon 6 comments

Did a group of walkers encounter something otherworldly in the woods ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
Numerous sightings of strange objects in the skies above County Derry have been reported over the years.
Ireland might not be the best known UFO hot spot, but like its neighbor the UK, the Emerald Isle has seen more than its fair share of close encounters over the last few decades.

One classic example occurred in Magherafelt back in April, 1998 when a group of walkers spotted an unusual light in the sky while they were out hiking through some local woodland.

"We looked up and saw the ship in the sky," said one witness. "It changed from an oval shape to a disc shape before our eyes. There was a bright flash of light and I found myself in the spacecraft."

"I noticed a few oval shaped heads surrounding me. I was momentarily stunned and couldn't move. When I woke up I was on a cold bench."

"The 'beings' were operating on me and I have the scars to prove it."

According to the report, the next thing they remembered was waking up, dazed and confused, back in the forest. Glancing at their watches, they realized that three whole hours had gone by.

No definitive explanation for what they experienced that day has ever been found.

Source: Derry Now | Comments (6)

Tags: UFO, Ireland, County Derry

Comment icon #1 Posted by highdesert50 on 16 April, 2017, 3:52
The inconsistency of technology is perplexing. Given our current technology, we can perform 3D scanning of internals as well as minimally invasive laparoscopic interventions showing minimal scarring. Yet, we read of significantly advanced technology that can transport an individual into a soundless hovering craft. So, then why the need to perform rather crude surgery and leave obvious scar tissue.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Hawkin on 16 April, 2017, 22:37
Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 17 April, 2017, 17:45
Oops they saw us. Phasers on stun! Beam them up Scotty. Bones, give them something to hallucinate, make some crude incisions so no one will believe them. Then have Scotty beam them back down before they wake up.
Comment icon #4 Posted by oldrover on 17 April, 2017, 17:59
It's because current medical technology doesn't feature so much in modern fiction as tractor beams and flying saucers.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Bixxy on 24 April, 2017, 17:37
Anyone know of a videointerview where the people involved tell their account?
Comment icon #6 Posted by Bixxy on 24 April, 2017, 17:43
Without spending hours trawling the web, just spending 15 mins reveals very little. This is not a case I have ever heard of and it did not seem to attract the attention of the keen UFO investigators. Plenty of which are only a short hop away. Maybe this is significant?

'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Dog turns blue due to polluted Indian River
8-15-2017
Untreated industrial waste in Mumbai's Kasadi river has been turning dogs a rather peculiar color.
Rare white 'spirit moose' filmed in Sweden
8-15-2017
The incredibly rare moose was captured on camera by councilman Hans Nilsson in Sweden's Varmland county.
Man lost in the outback buries himself in sand
8-14-2017
Anthony Collis became totally lost in a remote part of Australia during a trip with his girlfriend.
Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama