Saturday, August 19, 2017

Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'

Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2017 | Comment icon 35 comments

Who is the mystery woman ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Residents of the town of Kirkby have become afraid to stay in their own homes after experiencing a fierce banging on their doors and a woman shouting and wailing in the middle of the night.

The identity of the mysterious visitor, who reportedly calls out that she has nowhere to go and asks to be let in, is now been investigated by the local police force.

"Someone was knocking at my door but I ignored it. I woke up and my back gate was open," said one local resident. "The old lady living over the road said the same thing happened but a lady was crying at hers saying she had no money."

"Luckily the lady told her there was a police station over the road and she went. It's awful. Knowing that this lady came to mine is scary. I feel like she's going to come back and knowing she went through my back gate is even worse."

In some cases the woman was reported to have banged on the door for more than an hour.

"Around 2am on Friday morning we heard banging on our door but I was too scared to go down," said another resident. "I stopped my boyfriend going down because I was shaking. You just don't expect it."

Source: Independent | Comments (35)

Tags: Kirkby, Woman, Door

Comment icon #26 Posted by glorybebe on 25 July, 2017, 5:47
The last time someone was knocking like crazy, me and my daughter had slept in. I was changing out of my pjs while my daughter was trying to see who it was. They went from front door to patio door to back door. I had always told my daughter that we didn't have to open our door to anyone...finally I hear her tell to me it was a police man looking in the window at her! Lol. Poor guy was looking for a woman and it was an emergency. We live on a Street, but I know there is the same address on an avenue. Once I explained to him we don't open the door since there are some sketchy neighbours, ... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by Michelle on 25 July, 2017, 6:06
More than anyone else, the police understand that!
Comment icon #28 Posted by Krater on 25 July, 2017, 9:32
"Cocaine is a helluva drug."
Comment icon #29 Posted by Chaldon on 25 July, 2017, 13:23
It surely does. But if it's real I bet it's something non-paranormal. Just some drunk hobo woman wanting something incomprehensible, or just a wind blowing from a rare direction.
Comment icon #30 Posted by The Russian Hare on 25 July, 2017, 14:53
Security cameras are cheap these days, set up camera with motion detector, catch the Midnight Screamer
Comment icon #31 Posted by Astra. on 25 July, 2017, 21:35
Well, I don't really believe in the paranormal. Even tho, I don't mind watching the odd scary movie..I agree that it was probably just an eccentric andpossibly drunk oldbag lady that liveson the streets. Hopefully, there will be a follow up to the story.
Comment icon #32 Posted by badeskov on 26 July, 2017, 19:23
I didn't get that one either. Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #33 Posted by kartikg on 26 July, 2017, 19:35
theonlyhelpshemightacceptismonetaryhelp
Comment icon #34 Posted by Podo on 1 August, 2017, 18:21
Seems like you should just call the police. If someone showed up and I didn't want to see them, they have about five minutes to leave before I call the police to come remove them.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Wii_Jai_Aki on 3 August, 2017, 5:08
Same thing happened in Leicester, when a guy answered his door to help the woman 2 men pushed him inside and robbed him.

Can the Yellowstone supervolcano be stopped ?
8-19-2017
NASA has come up with an ambitious new plan to cool down the supervolcano by using it as an energy source.
Mars rovers to focus on the search for life
8-18-2017
Two upcoming Mars rover missions will attempt to determine if the Red Planet was once home to life.
Thieves in Germany steal 20 tons of chocolate
8-18-2017
The unusual heist saw a trailer loaded with confectionery being driven away in the town of Neustadt.
Mystery of distant Kuiper Belt object deepens
8-17-2017
The next target of NASA's New Horizons probe is a space rock with some rather intriguing properties.
Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 2 comments
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia