Thursday, December 14, 2017

Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'

Posted on Sunday, 23 July, 2017 | Comment icon 35 comments

Who is the mystery woman ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Residents of the town of Kirkby have become afraid to stay in their own homes after experiencing a fierce banging on their doors and a woman shouting and wailing in the middle of the night.

The identity of the mysterious visitor, who reportedly calls out that she has nowhere to go and asks to be let in, is now been investigated by the local police force.

"Someone was knocking at my door but I ignored it. I woke up and my back gate was open," said one local resident. "The old lady living over the road said the same thing happened but a lady was crying at hers saying she had no money."

"Luckily the lady told her there was a police station over the road and she went. It's awful. Knowing that this lady came to mine is scary. I feel like she's going to come back and knowing she went through my back gate is even worse."

In some cases the woman was reported to have banged on the door for more than an hour.

"Around 2am on Friday morning we heard banging on our door but I was too scared to go down," said another resident. "I stopped my boyfriend going down because I was shaking. You just don't expect it."

Source: Independent | Comments (35)

Tags: Kirkby, Woman, Door

Comment icon #26 Posted by glorybebe on 25 July, 2017, 5:47
The last time someone was knocking like crazy, me and my daughter had slept in. I was changing out of my pjs while my daughter was trying to see who it was. They went from front door to patio door to back door. I had always told my daughter that we didn't have to open our door to anyone...finally I hear her tell to me it was a police man looking in the window at her! Lol. Poor guy was looking for a woman and it was an emergency. We live on a Street, but I know there is the same address on an avenue. Once I explained to him we don't open the door since there are some sketchy neighbours, ... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by Michelle on 25 July, 2017, 6:06
More than anyone else, the police understand that!
Comment icon #28 Posted by Krater on 25 July, 2017, 9:32
"Cocaine is a helluva drug."
Comment icon #29 Posted by Chaldon on 25 July, 2017, 13:23
It surely does. But if it's real I bet it's something non-paranormal. Just some drunk hobo woman wanting something incomprehensible, or just a wind blowing from a rare direction.
Comment icon #30 Posted by The Russian Hare on 25 July, 2017, 14:53
Security cameras are cheap these days, set up camera with motion detector, catch the Midnight Screamer
Comment icon #31 Posted by Astra. on 25 July, 2017, 21:35
Well, I don't really believe in the paranormal. Even tho, I don't mind watching the odd scary movie..I agree that it was probably just an eccentric andpossibly drunk oldbag lady that liveson the streets. Hopefully, there will be a follow up to the story.
Comment icon #32 Posted by badeskov on 26 July, 2017, 19:23
I didn't get that one either. Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #33 Posted by kartikg on 26 July, 2017, 19:35
theonlyhelpshemightacceptismonetaryhelp
Comment icon #34 Posted by Podo on 1 August, 2017, 18:21
Seems like you should just call the police. If someone showed up and I didn't want to see them, they have about five minutes to leave before I call the police to come remove them.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Wii_Jai_Aki on 3 August, 2017, 5:08
Same thing happened in Leicester, when a guy answered his door to help the woman 2 men pushed him inside and robbed him.

Greenland shark thought to be 512 years old
12-14-2017
Marine biologists have identified what could potentially be the world's oldest living vertebrate.
'Mannequin Skywalker' launch is successful
12-13-2017
Private space firm Blue Origin has completed a successful test launch of its rocket and crew capsule.
'Mystery creature' filmed by Sydney family
12-13-2017
65-year-old Fethi Ada and his family had been out fishing when they encountered something rather unusual.
Blood-filled parasites found trapped in amber
12-13-2017
Palaeontologists have discovered prehistoric parasites that once fed on the blood of dinosaurs.
Einstein's brain
Posted 12-13-2017 | 0 comments
After he died, legendary physicist Albert Einstein's brain was preserved for study.

Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 0 comments
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Pelican invasion
Posted 12-7-2017 | 0 comments
This curious pelican decided to invade the director's tent during a BBC film shoot.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom