Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Modern Mysteries > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Modern Mysteries

"Time traveler" caught in museum photo ?

April 18, 2010 | Comment icon 53 comments

Image Credit: virtualmuseum.ca
An intriguing photograph from the 1940s showing a man in modern clothing has been doing the rounds on the web.
The photograph shows a crowd of people at the reopening of the South Fork Bridge in British Columbia, one of the people there however is wearing shades, a modern looking top and has a portable camera. But is it really a mystery ?
Itís the short description for the photograph shown at the virtual Bralorne Pioneer Museum, from British Columbia, Canada. The image can be seen specifically on this page (scroll down to the middle), among other items of the online exhibit. Did you notice anything out of place? Or perhaps, out of time?

Source: forgetomori | Comments (53)

Comment icon #44 Posted by Robin_Shadowes 12 years ago
If I wanted to create a controversial fake picture like that I would definetively opt out replacing the camera with an Ipod. I would go for something more subtle but yet quite out of time. Like a ring in the eyebrow or in the nose. Far from being an expert on body piercings I believe it was very unusual for a male to wear ring in the face in the 40's. Maybe he could do it if he was a sailor or a gypsy but the ordinary joes didn't do it. I also believe they did it in the ear lobes only. I know I spotted at least one pirate in the first Pirates Of The Caribean with a nose ring but I perceived th... [More]
Comment icon #45 Posted by startover 12 years ago
Nope lol I'm not all that convinced about time travel. Do i think it would be a great discovery? Yes, but we can't handle that. Plus, Doctor who is a bit of an idiot Maybe humans will become friendlier and more helpful beings in the future, but it just looks like it's all going downhill to me... No time machine will ever change that. Or maybe it will... Never say Never
Comment icon #46 Posted by StarryEyedNight 12 years ago
Just supposing he is out of place, as it has been noted, there's the woman and the girl looking at him, right? Maybe the photographer taking the photo intentionally took a picture of that guy just because he thought, "that guy looks a little odd".
Comment icon #47 Posted by StarryEyedNight 12 years ago
Here is a follow up article http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/another-photo-of-hipster-time-traveller-found/
Comment icon #48 Posted by tomt 12 years ago
Internet people! Can we trust them? thats what New Jersey looks like, from the safety of Manhattan
Comment icon #49 Posted by questionmark 12 years ago
Hmmm...modern man with hand knit jacket? Only hippies, but that blokes surely does not look like a hippie.
Comment icon #50 Posted by jesspy 12 years ago
It's the Doctor. Awww i was going to say that. Lol. I say its some man who cant dress properly for his time period. Im sure with the way kids dress these days in 60 years they will be questioning some photo....if we have photos.... also are there any super heroes who would wear an "M" on their knit shirt?....besides mighty mouse.. Otherwise the old chick next to him is his mum and she made it for him and she said "you aint going out in this weather waith out a sweater" and he said "but muuuuuuuummmm" and she said "here put this one on you look nice in it" and he said "but mum its not cool" and... [More]
Comment icon #51 Posted by Phil Cooper 12 years ago
Isnít it obvious? The photo was taken in British Columbia. The Canadian Rockies are in British Columbia. The man in question is wearing glacier glasses. The glasses, his attire and the compact camera are consistent with what a mountaineer would have used in the 1940's. Sorry, no time travelers here!
Comment icon #52 Posted by misty55 11 years ago
case of the photo has been solved, sorry to disappoint anyone.
Comment icon #53 Posted by misty55 11 years ago
If I was a time traveler walking around in the 1940's I doubt I'd be going about in my modern clothes. The only clothes that never go out of fashion is black suit and black shoes lol His shirt is simply a hockey shirt from a team that played in Canada 1924-38 Montreal Maroons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Maroons

Total Posts: 7,216,608    Topics: 296,021    Members: 195,406