We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Saturday, December 4, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Bizarre

"Deer with wings" causes power outage

June 21, 2011 | Comment icon 49 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
A "flying deer" has been identified by an energy company as the cause of a power outage in Montana.
Workers were baffled when a resident discovered a dead deer high up on the power cables. "Apparently, we've got deer with wings," she said. It is thought that the deer had been carried off by an eagle and later dropped on to the lines from above.
A Montana resident says an energy company has identified the cause of a brief power outage as "deer with wings. " Lee Bridges says she was outside with her dogs around the time the power went out when a NorthWestern Energy truck pulled up, giving her a chance to ask the driver what caused the problem.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (49)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
23 / 25
We are 92% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #40 Posted by MissMelsWell 11 years ago
When I was about 15 I found a nest, two magie pies and I took them in. They were bald and eye`s closed I hade no idea what they were but the local vet told me what to feed them on inspection. I raised them in my folks basement and fed them milky dog food. They were my pets of doom but awesome. I would walk down the street with one on each shoulder. I even took them into my local blockbuster and 7/11. They stayed with me the whole time till I would gentaly toss one into the air and damn that bird came back with gifts off the shelf all the time. One even grabed a big bag of chips and brought tha... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by The Silver Thong 11 years ago
dr strangelove.. sorry but what have you been smoking? There isn't an eagle on earth powerful enough to pick even a small deer off the ground. The worlds largest eagle, the Harpy, or monkey eating eagle couldn't accomplish that! Looks like a big raptor can fling a 80 lb dog into the air. Or are you say a deer fawn has wings lol wind, car, bird hmmm
Comment icon #42 Posted by Taut 11 years ago
Nah, they fly around up here all the time.
Comment icon #43 Posted by King Fluffs 11 years ago
Deer with wings... whatever next.
Comment icon #44 Posted by odiesbsc 11 years ago
Maybe a UFO was experimenting on it and dropped it like the cows. LOL Odie
Comment icon #45 Posted by jbondo 11 years ago
Comment icon #46 Posted by MissMelsWell 11 years ago
Oh boy, here we go with the "Eagle can lift" BS! A very large Golden Eagle weighs in at about 13 Lbs. They seldom lift anything since they are scavengers who pick at carcasses. Maybe, just maybe an extreme specimen could lift 8 lbs. and that's a stretch. We're looking at more in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 lbs. I realize there are exceptions to everything and as I mentioned there most certainly exists a handful of extremely large GE's. In that case I'll give the 8 Lbs. The best place to get this info is from fish and game commission studies by reputable officials in the field. And a newborn faw... [More]
Comment icon #47 Posted by Doctor_Strangelove 11 years ago
Oh boy, here we go with the "Eagle can lift" BS! A very large Golden Eagle weighs in at about 13 Lbs. They seldom lift anything since they are scavengers who pick at carcasses. Maybe, just maybe an extreme specimen could lift 8 lbs. and that's a stretch. We're looking at more in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 lbs. I realize there are exceptions to everything and as I mentioned there most certainly exists a handful of extremely large GE's. In that case I'll give the 8 Lbs. The best place to get this info is from fish and game commission studies by reputable officials in the field. Golden eagles are... [More]
Comment icon #48 Posted by Pretty Obscure 11 years ago