Friday, August 19, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Science & Technology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Science & Technology

Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?

May 11, 2013 | Comment icon 33 comments

Image Credit: stockxpert
Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov has founded an initiative intent on finding a way to live forever.
[!gad]More than 20,000 people have so far signed up for Itskov's "2045 initiative" which aims to extend human life indefinitely by creating replica android bodies in which to exist free of the restraints of our biological selves. Complete with artificial organs and neural interfaces, the robotic shells will be loaded with the consciousness of those participating in the program so that, according to Itskov, they can live forever.

The far-fetched concept has been planned in stages which include the development of android 'avatars' by the year 2020. "Neo-humanity will change the bodily nature of the human being, and make them immortal, free, playful, independent of limitations of space and time," said Itskov. "These transformations will not restrict the individuality and freedom of each separate person, but on the contrary will ensure maximum creative development and reveal their unlimited potential."
Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov is the founder of the 2045 Initiative which he explains is a way to extend the human life. Immortality is the key goal of his project, creating replicas of human beings, what he deems the next step in human evolution.

Source: iTechPost | Comments (33)

Comment icon #24 Posted by orion43 9 years ago
"Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?" - No, you will not.
Comment icon #25 Posted by topsecretresearch 9 years ago
Probably extinct by then.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Frank Merton 9 years ago
When I was young I calculated what my age would be at certain years of interest, like 1984 and 2000. Funny I don't do that any more.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Black Red Devil 9 years ago
I'm sure we'll be able to progress human genetics to the point where we'll be able to live long and prosperous lives and even more so with the help of robotics and artificial organs. I like the idea of a "neo-humanity" evolution based on five principles including high spirituality, high culture, high ethics, high science and high technologies. Just think that 2045 is way too optimistic for this evolutionary change.
Comment icon #28 Posted by MiskatonicGrad 9 years ago
Comment icon #29 Posted by Frank Merton 9 years ago
But you don't seem to be aware that you are already a machine.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Black Red Devil 9 years ago
listen people I fix machines all day the last place I want my mind transferred to is a machine. you think you have problems when you wake up with a kink in your neck wait till your in your android body and you wake up and can't get your legs to work for like a half hour and when they do work you skip backwards where ever you go and every time you stop moving you leak all over yourself. I have seen all sorts of problem with machines that can't be fixed with pain killers. give me my 75 year warranty and let me move on to my glorified body. Wow, and there I am thinking my teenage daughter's attit... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by R4z3rsPar4d0x 9 years ago
Comment icon #32 Posted by Frank Merton 9 years ago
I doubt if this technology was available it would be available to everyone, it'll probably just be available to the VERY wealthy Well of course, at first, but it would be perceived very differently than luxury items are perceived, and politics would soon subsidize everyone getting it (kinda like kidney dialysis). Over time even the cost would drop.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Mikko-kun 9 years ago
I'm quite confident that they can build something like this in this century, maybe even before I drop dead (am 30 soon), but I'm not interested in this thing. Hehe.. good old body is nice to move and develop as it is, I'd rather just scrap this if it's that or artificial. When you hear all this stuff about artificial additives, artificial vitamins and artificial medicines having all kinds of side-effects and ill effects, you can't help but be sceptic about the first models of this artificial human-body working as it's supposed to.. I bet they'll find some flaws of it caused by the artificialit... [More]

Total Posts: 7,315,479    Topics: 301,024    Members: 198,033