Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Giant snake learns how to open doors

June 23, 2013 | Comment icon 43 comments

Image Credit: Youtube
Footage of a snake that seems to have figured out how to open doors has surfaced on YouTube.
People who suffer from a fear of snakes may want to give this one a miss - one giant albino python has found a way to deal with the usually impenetrable barrier that a door represents by rising up and leaning against the handle until it opens. Footage of the incident has been circulating online with debate raging over whether its genuine or if the incident was staged.

A recent study determined that lizards can exhibit intelligent behavior such as solving puzzles to help them find food. Regarded to be as intelligent as some vertebrates, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that a snake could figure out how to open a door.
These findings upended previous assumptions about how higher intelligence is limited to social species with varied daily diets. Most reptiles are solitary creatures, and many will eat only occasionally, not every day.

Source: Live Science | Comments (43)

Comment icon #34 Posted by coolguy 9 years ago
Comment icon #35 Posted by pallidin 9 years ago
Could be fake,but that snake is huge its a Burmese they are nasty snakes. I hope they are carefull this snake can kill her.i use to like snakes no more. Yeah, I don't think I would have that type of snake running loose in my house. Especially if there are pets, children, or any humans for that matter.
Comment icon #36 Posted by EllJay 9 years ago
Geeezuz, pythons opening doors!! What's next???.....pythons packing UZI's??
Comment icon #37 Posted by Wickian 9 years ago
Thank god all of my doors are knobs...
Comment icon #38 Posted by EllJay 9 years ago
Thank god all of my doors are knobs... Ooh, they will learn that too. I'm installing safe-locks on my doors. 31-left, 24-right, 19-left, 88-left, 7-right , break that you oversized worm.
Comment icon #39 Posted by Beckys_Mom 9 years ago
Could be fake,but that snake is huge its a Burmese they are nasty snakes. I hope they are carefull this snake can kill her.i use to like snakes no more. I doubt it was fake, since I saw the same snake try the same thing on another door. The article notes the snake was trained to do it.... Bathroom doors can be easier to open than IE Front doors ( Front doors can be heavier ) The second door the snake was trying to open, looked more like a front door to me..... With that aside, the poor snake is long dead, he died from an infection back in 2012..This was mentioned in the article.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Andromedan Starseed 333 9 years ago
i believe animals are amazingly smart and clever and have done amazing things that shock people.i am not that surprised really to be more than honest.i believe anything is possible so.that's just me and etc.and yeah anything is possible one just has to believe that's all.
Comment icon #41 Posted by Odds 9 years ago
My Staffy could open doors, too old to jump that high now. Plus when we moved it's all knobs on the doors now. No more late night wake ups thinking someone broke in, lol. But i want this snake. Just with locks.
Comment icon #42 Posted by -M7 9 years ago
WOW...Hopefully they won't be able to open locked doors.
Comment icon #43 Posted by ivancorey 8 years ago
Surely this is hoax,, I have this Victorian door bought from this link, for all we know Victorian doors are not that hard because it is like cork in the inside,, just as that door. So how come even my 2 adult dogs don't even know how to securely open the door and so with that snake that no options but to crawl?

Total Posts: 7,313,925    Topics: 300,924    Members: 198,009