We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Thursday, December 2, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Bizarre

Flying grim reaper chases people in park

October 25, 2013 | Comment icon 31 comments

What would you do if you saw this flying towards you ? Image Credit: YouTube / Tom Mabe
Prankster Tom Mabe sent joggers running for their lives with his latest Halloween-themed contraption.
You'd be forgiven for being more than a little concerned at the sight of the grim reaper wailing and flying towards you, but that's exactly what happened to several passers-by at an otherwise ideallic park in Louisville, Kentucky.

Taking advantage of the Halloween season as a chance to engage in some paranormal-themed japery, serial prankster Tom Mabe dressed up a remote control helicopter like the grim reaper and filmed people's reactions as he chased them around with it.
"We have had a lot of fun making this," he said. "Itís taken some work to make it happen, but itís great fun. It flies with the help of a remote control helicopter but you rig it up in a really brilliant way. It has to be quiet so people donít hear it."

A video of the prank shows joggers and other park visitors fleeing in horror as the contraption flies after them while emitting a wailing noise. "The best bit is when you sneak up on people. We fly it about 200ft in the air and then drop it down so itís right behind them," Mabe added.

Source: Metro | Comments (31)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #22 Posted by ancient astronaut 8 years ago
My first instinct would be to swat it with my shoe... maybe punch it or start throwing karate chops. Basically to kill it. lol Just think give it a Norm MacDonald voice and you could be in a real-life Family Guy episode!!!!!!
Comment icon #23 Posted by jesspy 8 years ago
That s awesome. They need to fly it around a retirement home.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns 8 years ago
I'm sorry I'm gonna say this, but in the spirit of Halloween... 318,432,568spooky636,865,136me
Comment icon #25 Posted by Emeraldgemheart 8 years ago
These people.. are just mean. But I'd probably do the same thing.
Comment icon #26 Posted by WoIverine 8 years ago
That s awesome. They need to fly it around a retirement home. LOL, hundreds of broken hips later.....
Comment icon #27 Posted by davros of skaro 8 years ago
That flying reaper is freaken awesome. I would redo the scream into something more blood curdling though. I seen a vid where a guy took a car made for a mail carrier (passenger side steering).Mocked up a neon lighted glowing skeleton driving a video game steering wheel.The video only shown the skeleton, and you just hear people screaming,but it was cool. MMWWHHAA HA HA!
Comment icon #28 Posted by susieice 8 years ago
OMG I sooo want to do this. I'm still laughing (and crying). Oh God that's rich. ROFLMBO!
Comment icon #29 Posted by WoIverine 8 years ago
Watched this one a few more times now, it's still funny!
Comment icon #30 Posted by RichardRoma 8 years ago
it's all fun and games until someone gets decapitated a la Roman Pirozek Jr style.
Comment icon #31 Posted by skookum 8 years ago
Great wish I had thought of it, bored with my helicopters now.