Sunday, May 19, 2019

World's most expensive cocktail goes on sale

Posted on Saturday, 27 September, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

The drink may be a little expensive for most people's tastes. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Diners with more money than sense can sample the delicacy for the princely sum of 9,000 per glass.
The ridiculously extravagant drink was concocted in honor of actress Grace Jones and contains a combination of 1990 Vintage Cristal champagne and an ultra-rare Armagnac brandy which is more than 125 years old.

The 'liquid gold' cocktail was presented at the star-studded opening event of Gigi's restaurant in Mayfair on Thursday which was attended by Jones alongside her friend Boy George.

Restaurant manager Cesare Papagna stated that he wanted to give the actress something "truly special" in honor of the occasion. The cocktail has even broken the record for the world's most expensive drink, beating the previous record holder, the 'Winston', which cost 8,167.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (21)

Tags: Cocktail, Drink

Comment icon #12 Posted by spud the mackem on 28 September, 2014, 9:25
I don't suppose they've heard of a pie and a pint.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin on 28 September, 2014, 17:45
Comment icon #14 Posted by toast on 28 September, 2014, 18:19
There are no cocktails with a value of 8,888. But there are idiots who pay 8,888 for a cocktail.
Comment icon #15 Posted by StRoostifer on 28 September, 2014, 19:47
Those people are doing nothing but gloating on their wealth. It's an ego-trip. That cocktail probably tastes like crap... but that's not the issue... the issue is that they can afford it whilst other's can not. Blah, and BLAH. I'll stick with my own much lower-cost tasty cocktail or beer. I have no desire to(or attempt to) impress anyone with anything. EDIT: I guess that leaves me out of their crowd, but I seriously don't care. I think this post right here speaks for us all!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Codenwarra on 29 September, 2014, 4:37
Make mine a gin and tonic, slice of lemon, no ice
Comment icon #17 Posted by snop1x on 29 September, 2014, 10:20
it would be ok i think if the money whould go to charity. but even if that was the case it's way too pricey. i'm perfectly happy with my 1.50 euro beer.
Comment icon #18 Posted by paperdyer on 29 September, 2014, 11:25
the funny thing is it takes more than one mixed drink to get drunk so imagine how many you have to drink just to get drunk anything more than two and you're already spending a small fortune I think you'd already have to be drunk or high to pay that much for a drink even if you have the money.
Comment icon #19 Posted by praetorian-legio XIII on 29 September, 2014, 15:40
That amount is about my annual "booze" budget! hic........
Comment icon #20 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 30 September, 2014, 12:58
Crass and repulsive. A bit like the people drinking them.
Comment icon #21 Posted by McNessy on 4 October, 2014, 2:55
These are the same people who pay their employee's minimum wage. Scream blue murder if a government increases minimum wage by 10c. Yet think nothing about blowing 9k. Go world

More mystery 'jars of the dead' found in Laos
5-18-2019
Archaeologists have unearthed an additional 137 large stone jars at megalithic sites in Southeast Asia.
Firm offers Game of Thrones spoiler insurance
5-18-2019
A British insurance company is offering compensation to viewers who have had the finale inadvertently spoiled.
Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?
5-18-2019
Why has the Pentagon suddenly taken such an interest in the reporting and investigation of UFO sightings ?
Officials warn against 'cow kissing' challenge
5-17-2019
Authorities in Austria have warned social media users not to participate in this bizarre new fundraising craze.
Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment