Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Truck driver photographs 'ghost' in tunnel

Posted on Saturday, 3 October, 2015 | Comment icon 25 comments
An image taken from the cab of a lorry shows what looks like a dark figure walking in to a tunnel.
Truck driver Stephen Smyth and his colleague George Furst managed to capture the eerie image while driving through a road tunnel in Cork, Ireland.

"I couldn't believe my eyes," said Furst. "It looked like an old man wearing an old tweed coat."

"It was quite freaky the way the figure is clearly in front of where my lorry drove only seconds later so it can't be a human being, or I would have hit them," Furst added.

"In fact, we must have driven right through him just after the picture was taken."

While both men believe that the entity could be the spirit of a man who drowned in a nearby river, critics have argued that the figure on the image could simply be a reflection in the truck's window.

Source: New York Daily News | Comments (25)

Tags: Ghost, Truck, Tunnel

Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever on 4 October, 2015, 19:24
.... Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess. You beat me to it. That was my instant thought. There are reflections off the windscreen all over the place which makes it the most likely answer.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Zero Fox FK on 5 October, 2015, 10:12
Usually I call bull**** but on this occasion... Birdshit
Comment icon #18 Posted by darkzoneromana on 10 October, 2015, 8:38
It looks like it could be some garbage in the road. I have seen a large plastic bag infront of me while driving that suddenly popped up from a gust of wind for a brief moment my brain yelled I am going to hit some body before reason kicked in and said duh plastic.
Comment icon #19 Posted by acute on 10 October, 2015, 10:37
Comment icon #20 Posted by evp on 10 October, 2015, 12:47
Agreed that anything can in fact be manipulated with graphic programs. EXIF data can be reintroduced into any image. We must keep in mind that evidence is subjective and with the plethora of so called proof it's commonly numbing. I've had several occasions where auditory messages indicate they are not radio frequency interference. I've studied, observed and had interesting results. There are plenty of skeptics here willing and able to satisfy their belief system entirely through the readings of online studies but that doesn't occur in all cases to be truth. I agree that many so called cases ar... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by lorimommy3 on 10 October, 2015, 14:41
I love Ireland and I would LOVE to know more about this ghost story! A man who drowned nearby? opps not Ireland
Comment icon #22 Posted by lorimommy3 on 10 October, 2015, 14:46
Comment icon #23 Posted by Calibeliever on 11 October, 2015, 13:57
Basically, we should all give up posting pictures on UM. Everything can be faked. I don't think this was faked at all. I just think it's a reflection in his windscreen.
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 11 October, 2015, 17:56
I don't think this was faked at all. I just think it's a reflection in his windscreen. Exactly what I think too. It is reflections on the windscreen and someone has made it into a story. That's been done throughout history only now there are a lot more props to work with.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Black Monk on 14 October, 2015, 16:32
but also photo shopped. That's the convenient excuse that all the skeptics come out with.

Osiris-Rex heads for home with Bennu samples
5-11-2021
NASA's Osiris-Rex spacecraft is now on its way back to Earth with samples collected from the asteroid Bennu.
'Living skyscraper' wins architecture prize
5-11-2021
A design concept for a skyscraper made from genetically modified trees has won this year's eVolo contest.
'Living fossil' discovered after 273M years
5-10-2021
Scientists have discovered an ancient symbiotic relationship off Japan that was long thought to be extinct.
Oregon hiker films alleged 'Bigfoot' in woods
5-10-2021
Outdoor adventurer Mike Bodewitz has captured what he believes to be evidence of a real-life Bigfoot.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball