Monday, February 19, 2018

Fed up single woman decides to marry herself

Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2017 | Comment icon 29 comments

What do you do when you can't find a man ? You marry yourself... Image Credit: sxc.hu
Singleton Lynne Gollogly made the decision following years of failed attempts to find 'Mr Right'.
The 39-year-old, who is from Rotherham, South Yorkshire, says that she got the idea of marrying herself after watching the classic US sitcom Friends.

She claims that she no longer has any interest in searching for someone else and has decided to go ahead with an elaborate wedding ceremony in which she will be the star attraction.

"It's always something I've wanted to do, and because 'Mr. Right' hasn't turned up yet - I'm just going to go ahead and get married without him," she said.

"I've had a lot of potentials in the past, but I'm not just going to settle for anyone just so I fit into today's society."

Her unusual wedding will feature everything a regular wedding does apart from a groom and a formal ceremony given that it is not currently possible to legally marry oneself.

She is even planning on a 'Honeymoon' that will see her going solo on a trip to Rome.

"I've been single for a while now and have no interest in being in a relationship," she said. "I did get engaged once, when I was younger, but it was silly and nothing came of it."

"I think with these things I'd never say never - but I'm not going to hang around for much longer."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (29)

Tags: Marriage

Comment icon #20 Posted by rashore on 20 February, 2017, 18:00
So a gal that is so fed up with the hunt for a man for a relationship she isn't interested in having and so throws herself a wedding theme bday party for her big four-oh and take a Roman vacation.. I suppose. Some folks buy a sports car or date someone half their age, this gal had herself a party.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Hawkin on 20 February, 2017, 19:12
Speaking of strange marriages, Here's another one. https://youtu.be/JAQUTy2YCeY
Comment icon #22 Posted by paperdyer on 20 February, 2017, 19:45
Would be legal if she had a split personality? Then she would be marrying a different person. Worked for Harvey Dent for 75 years, though he still loved his wife from his good half. Maybe that's why his bad side tried to kill her. Jealousy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by xYlvax on 20 February, 2017, 20:27
She just wanted the attention. Nothing worse than one of those
Comment icon #24 Posted by Wreck7 on 21 February, 2017, 0:09
I Googled Ms.Gollogly.I'm afraid she had no other choice.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Likely Guy on 21 February, 2017, 3:46
I hope that she has a fine time in Rome and lives happily ever after.
Comment icon #26 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 21 February, 2017, 4:10
i have no problem with this it was also a good episode of 30 rock.
Comment icon #27 Posted by acute on 21 February, 2017, 16:31
I am uncomfortable with making this kind of commitment to myself. I have decided to keep my relationship as Friend With Benefits.
Comment icon #28 Posted by spartan max2 on 21 February, 2017, 17:14
Me and myself are just in the "talking" phase haha
Comment icon #29 Posted by Scrunchkruckets on 21 February, 2017, 21:43
she will have to go to a sperm bank if she wanted kids

Hunt for Earth 2.0 yields 95 new exoplanets
2-18-2018
A renewed hunt for Earth-like worlds has yielded a haul of 95 previously undiscovered extrasolar planets.
Scientists create human-sheep hybrid embryos
2-18-2018
The research aims to solve donor organ shortages by making it possible to grow human organs inside sheep.
Woman sues California over Bigfoot sighting
2-18-2018
Claudia Ackley has taken it upon herself to sue the state for refusing to acknowledge the existence of Bigfoot.
Man gets trapped down a sewer for three days
2-17-2018
The unfortunate man spent several days scrambling around the sewerage system looking for a way out.
Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

The British flying Jeep
Posted 2-3-2018 | 0 comments
The British military reportedly developed a prototype flying car all the way back in 1942.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana