Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Ireland alien abduction case still intrigues

Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 | Comment icon 6 comments

Did a group of walkers encounter something otherworldly in the woods ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
Numerous sightings of strange objects in the skies above County Derry have been reported over the years.
Ireland might not be the best known UFO hot spot, but like its neighbor the UK, the Emerald Isle has seen more than its fair share of close encounters over the last few decades.

One classic example occurred in Magherafelt back in April, 1998 when a group of walkers spotted an unusual light in the sky while they were out hiking through some local woodland.

"We looked up and saw the ship in the sky," said one witness. "It changed from an oval shape to a disc shape before our eyes. There was a bright flash of light and I found myself in the spacecraft."

"I noticed a few oval shaped heads surrounding me. I was momentarily stunned and couldn't move. When I woke up I was on a cold bench."

"The 'beings' were operating on me and I have the scars to prove it."

According to the report, the next thing they remembered was waking up, dazed and confused, back in the forest. Glancing at their watches, they realized that three whole hours had gone by.

No definitive explanation for what they experienced that day has ever been found.

Source: Derry Now | Comments (6)

Tags: UFO, Ireland, County Derry

Comment icon #1 Posted by highdesert50 on 16 April, 2017, 3:52
The inconsistency of technology is perplexing. Given our current technology, we can perform 3D scanning of internals as well as minimally invasive laparoscopic interventions showing minimal scarring. Yet, we read of significantly advanced technology that can transport an individual into a soundless hovering craft. So, then why the need to perform rather crude surgery and leave obvious scar tissue.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Hawkin on 16 April, 2017, 22:37
Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 17 April, 2017, 17:45
Oops they saw us. Phasers on stun! Beam them up Scotty. Bones, give them something to hallucinate, make some crude incisions so no one will believe them. Then have Scotty beam them back down before they wake up.
Comment icon #4 Posted by oldrover on 17 April, 2017, 17:59
It's because current medical technology doesn't feature so much in modern fiction as tractor beams and flying saucers.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Bixxy on 24 April, 2017, 17:37
Anyone know of a videointerview where the people involved tell their account?
Comment icon #6 Posted by Bixxy on 24 April, 2017, 17:43
Without spending hours trawling the web, just spending 15 mins reveals very little. This is not a case I have ever heard of and it did not seem to attract the attention of the keen UFO investigators. Plenty of which are only a short hop away. Maybe this is significant?

Did a mystic predict Putin's rise to power ?
During a meeting in 1979, blind mystic Baba Vanga allegedly predicted that Putin would 'rule the world'.
New study hints at 'Oumuamua's origins
Researchers believe that it is very likely that the interstellar asteroid came from a binary star system.
Ghostly figure filmed aboard the HMS Victory
Tony Ferguson had been visiting the historic vessel in Portsmouth when he caught something strange on film.
Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA