Saturday, July 20, 2019

Man claims to eat only once every three months

Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2018 | Comment icon 37 comments

Breatharianism is considered highly dangerous. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Adityamadhav83
'Breatharian' Khai Ho maintains that he is able to survive for months at a time on little more than air and sunlight.
The 38-year-old, who ironically works as a pizza delivery man, claims that his unusual way of life has made him feel healthier, despite the fact that he apparently eats next to nothing at all.

Breatharianism is a very controversial practice because the idea of surviving without food or water is patently ridiculous - as humans we need both of these things or we will die.

Attempting it is dangerous and there is no scientific evidence to suggest that it can work. Many people have died attempting it while doctors and scientists alike have dismissed it as pseudoscience.

This begs the question therefore - what is the truth behind Khai's claims ?

"I have never really felt hunger and never took much interest in food as a child," he said. "My mum was always worried about me and still is. I could never really embrace that state of consciousness that I was after, until about four years ago when it became more serious."

"I was maybe eating every three or four days at first, but now I can go months without food or water and even then, only have a mint or so to take away any bitter taste in my mouth."

"It's an amazing feeling, I'm fully conscious of my mind and I've never felt so great."

"I'm fully aware of my surroundings. People think I'm crazy but incredible at the same time."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (37)

Tags: Breatharian

Comment icon #28 Posted by UFOwatcher on 14 December, 2018, 23:48
Check for roots. This guy thinks he's a plant.
Comment icon #29 Posted by joc on 15 December, 2018, 1:16
I think he is full of crap.  You have to eat food to live.  If you don't, your cells will begin to break down.  Type 1 Diabetes, the body produces no insulin.  Insulin is produced by the pancreas and is necessary to break foods down so they can be used as energy.  My BS meter is ticking far to the right!
Comment icon #30 Posted by Atilla the Nun on 15 December, 2018, 22:29
I can remember some guy in the 70's who used to make the talk show circuit claiming the same thing.  (He also called himself a "breatharian.")  Then a witness saw him pigging out on fried chicken and ice cream.  I'd put my money on the witness.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Rolci on 17 December, 2018, 5:54
Except when you use your Chi energy.
Comment icon #32 Posted by joc on 17 December, 2018, 12:06
That's crap too.  The guy was living off his fat cells because he was ..very fat. Eventually, the body will use all the fat cells and then what?  I am well aware of chi...it has nothing to do with breathing air to  live.
Comment icon #33 Posted by XenoFish on 17 December, 2018, 12:31
After the fat cells, the body cannibalize's muscle tissue. After that you're dead.
Comment icon #34 Posted by psyche101 on 17 December, 2018, 12:48
I'm a skeptic so I'll take that as an invitation.  How do you propose that case supports breatharianism when the paper clearly states it was a controlled diet in order to achieve his ideal weight?   He was 207 kilos, which is considered grossly obese, so much so that he was ambulant. He couldn't carry his own weight. He was given suplements, vitamins and non caloric fluids. It was a heavily controlled and strictly observed life saving diet. He was not some dreadlocked hippie breathing air and absorbing light for sustenance. He was achieving an ideal weight through fasting. The paper states his... [More]
Comment icon #35 Posted by joc on 17 December, 2018, 13:15
I think the physicists call it...Entropy.
Comment icon #36 Posted by TripGun on 27 June, 2019, 16:08
He don't get much done.
Comment icon #37 Posted by aztek on 27 June, 2019, 17:17
iirc there was a lady in either Ukraine or Russia who claimed she fed on sun energy only, she was caught eating normal food, lol

Incredible 'piglet squid' caught on camera
7-19-2019
Footage of the unusual cephalopod was captured in the Pacific depths by the Exploration Vessel Nautilus team.
'Storm Area 51' spawns copycat campaigns
7-19-2019
Inspired by the recent social media phenomenon, other people have started setting up their own 'storm' events.
Stunning image shows ISS in front of the Sun
7-19-2019
NASA has released a breathtaking photograph showing the space station silhouetted against our solar neighbor.
Creator of 'Storm Area 51' comes forward
7-18-2019
The Facebook user who started the campaign to storm the secretive military base has finally spoken out.

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx