Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Woman catches huge 'river monster' catfish

Posted on Thursday, 3 January, 2019 | Comment icon 9 comments

That is one gargantuan fish. Image Credit: Paula Cathey Smith
A recently uploaded video shows grandmother Paula Cathey Smith reeling in an 88-pound giant.
The enormous fish, which was caught in Kentucky Lake on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee, has been dubbed 'River Monster' by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

"Paula Cathey Smith shows us you can catch fish in the winter with this 'personal best' 88 pounder caught and released safely back into KY Lake," the organization wrote.

In the video, Smith and her husband can be seen struggling to even lift the huge fish.

"I never in my life seen a fish this big," she told the Huffington Post.

"My goal is to beat the state record of 112 (pounds)."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Tags: Catfish

Comment icon #1 Posted by OverSword on 3 January, 2019, 19:05
I don't know if I would throw it back or have a big dinner party.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Robotic Jew on 3 January, 2019, 19:19
What a fun catch that would make!
Comment icon #3 Posted by lightly on 3 January, 2019, 19:57
It was   (((((((((THIS)))))))  big!         Mhmmmmm, suuuure
Comment icon #4 Posted by Jon the frog on 3 January, 2019, 20:44
Fatty !
Comment icon #5 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 3 January, 2019, 21:11
Not sure that would be worth eating, think I'd throw it back and keep the smaller ones myself   Fun for her, though, for certain!
Comment icon #6 Posted by Wreck7 on 4 January, 2019, 0:17
At the confluence of the Appomattox and James rivers in Virginia, You can catch em like that all day long. I wouldn't eat one though.
Comment icon #7 Posted by AllPossible on 4 January, 2019, 3:32
I've been Catfished on Tinder 2 times.. It's Awkward. My face looks like him, juat wide open and confused
Comment icon #8 Posted by Silver Surfer on 4 January, 2019, 19:28
Crazy old selfish crack addict should just leave the things alone.
Comment icon #9 Posted by openozy on 5 January, 2019, 3:14
Hangi!

Can you survive with half your brain removed?
11-20-2019
A new study has revealed the remarkable ability of the human brain to adapt even when half of it is missing.
SETI Institute celebrates 35 years of hunting ET
11-20-2019
The research organization is today celebrating 35 years of searching for signs of extraterrestrial intelligence.
Photos show 'insects' on Mars, claims scientist
11-19-2019
A professor emeritus at Ohio University claims that photos taken on Mars show actual live alien 'insects'.
9-year-old genius is set to graduate university
11-19-2019
Laurent Simons is about to become one of the youngest people in history to earn themselves a university degree.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia