Sunday, January 26, 2020

Woman catches huge 'river monster' catfish

Posted on Thursday, 3 January, 2019 | Comment icon 9 comments

That is one gargantuan fish. Image Credit: Paula Cathey Smith
A recently uploaded video shows grandmother Paula Cathey Smith reeling in an 88-pound giant.
The enormous fish, which was caught in Kentucky Lake on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee, has been dubbed 'River Monster' by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

"Paula Cathey Smith shows us you can catch fish in the winter with this 'personal best' 88 pounder caught and released safely back into KY Lake," the organization wrote.

In the video, Smith and her husband can be seen struggling to even lift the huge fish.

"I never in my life seen a fish this big," she told the Huffington Post.

"My goal is to beat the state record of 112 (pounds)."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Tags: Catfish

Comment icon #1 Posted by OverSword on 3 January, 2019, 19:05
I don't know if I would throw it back or have a big dinner party.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Robotic Jew on 3 January, 2019, 19:19
What a fun catch that would make!
Comment icon #3 Posted by lightly on 3 January, 2019, 19:57
It was   (((((((((THIS)))))))  big!         Mhmmmmm, suuuure
Comment icon #4 Posted by Jon the frog on 3 January, 2019, 20:44
Fatty !
Comment icon #5 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 3 January, 2019, 21:11
Not sure that would be worth eating, think I'd throw it back and keep the smaller ones myself   Fun for her, though, for certain!
Comment icon #6 Posted by Wreck7 on 4 January, 2019, 0:17
At the confluence of the Appomattox and James rivers in Virginia, You can catch em like that all day long. I wouldn't eat one though.
Comment icon #7 Posted by AllPossible on 4 January, 2019, 3:32
I've been Catfished on Tinder 2 times.. It's Awkward. My face looks like him, juat wide open and confused
Comment icon #8 Posted by Silver Surfer on 4 January, 2019, 19:28
Crazy old selfish crack addict should just leave the things alone.
Comment icon #9 Posted by openozy on 5 January, 2019, 3:14
Hangi!

Another 'Bigfoot' shows up on WSDOT webcam
1-26-2020
Authorities in Washington have recorded footage of a figure trudging through the snow near Snoqualmie Pass.
Space Force logo looks like it's from Star Trek
1-25-2020
President Donald Trump has revealed the official logo for the US Space Force - and it looks somewhat familiar...
Man behind exotic US Navy patents speaks out
1-25-2020
The engineer responsible for various exotic 'UFO tech' patents has spoken to the media for the first time.
Astronauts create first ever food baked in space
1-24-2020
In a first-of-its-kind experiment, the astronauts aboard the ISS have baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA