Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Woman catches huge 'river monster' catfish

Posted on Thursday, 3 January, 2019 | Comment icon 9 comments

That is one gargantuan fish. Image Credit: Paula Cathey Smith
A recently uploaded video shows grandmother Paula Cathey Smith reeling in an 88-pound giant.
The enormous fish, which was caught in Kentucky Lake on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee, has been dubbed 'River Monster' by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

"Paula Cathey Smith shows us you can catch fish in the winter with this 'personal best' 88 pounder caught and released safely back into KY Lake," the organization wrote.

In the video, Smith and her husband can be seen struggling to even lift the huge fish.

"I never in my life seen a fish this big," she told the Huffington Post.

"My goal is to beat the state record of 112 (pounds)."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Tags: Catfish

Comment icon #1 Posted by OverSword on 3 January, 2019, 19:05
I don't know if I would throw it back or have a big dinner party.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Robotic Jew on 3 January, 2019, 19:19
What a fun catch that would make!
Comment icon #3 Posted by lightly on 3 January, 2019, 19:57
It was   (((((((((THIS)))))))  big!         Mhmmmmm, suuuure
Comment icon #4 Posted by Jon the frog on 3 January, 2019, 20:44
Fatty !
Comment icon #5 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 3 January, 2019, 21:11
Not sure that would be worth eating, think I'd throw it back and keep the smaller ones myself   Fun for her, though, for certain!
Comment icon #6 Posted by Wreck7 on 4 January, 2019, 0:17
At the confluence of the Appomattox and James rivers in Virginia, You can catch em like that all day long. I wouldn't eat one though.
Comment icon #7 Posted by AllPossible on 4 January, 2019, 3:32
I've been Catfished on Tinder 2 times.. It's Awkward. My face looks like him, juat wide open and confused
Comment icon #8 Posted by Silver Surfer on 4 January, 2019, 19:28
Crazy old selfish crack addict should just leave the things alone.
Comment icon #9 Posted by openozy on 5 January, 2019, 3:14
Hangi!

Humans on Mars could become a new species
5-22-2019
An evolutionary biologist has outlined what is likely to happen when people start living full-time on Mars.
Robbie Williams song was inspired by ghosts
5-22-2019
The British singer has claimed that his hit song 'Angels' was inspired by his childhood paranormal experiences.
80,000 bees found inside couple's bedroom wall
5-22-2019
A couple living in the Spanish town of Pinos Puente had been unable to sleep due to the loud buzzing sound.
NASA's 9-year Moon landing plan has leaked
5-21-2019
An internal NASA diagram showing details of its plans for the next decade has started to circulate online.
Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment