Monday, September 23, 2019

Woman wakes up all alone in cold, dark plane

Posted on Monday, 24 June, 2019 | Comment icon 13 comments

The ordeal left the unfortunate passenger terrified. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Acdx
Tiffani Adams fell asleep during her flight and awoke to find that she was trapped alone in the parked plane.
What started out as a routine flight from Quebec to Toronto earlier this month turned in to a living nightmare when Adams awoke to find that she was the only passenger on the plane.

"[It was] around midnight (a few hours after flight landed) freezing cold still trapped in my seat in complete darkness," she wrote on Facebook.

"I think I'm having a bad dream because like, seriously, how is this happening?"

To make matters worse, her phone had run out of power and the USB charging slots on the plane were not working because the aircraft wasn't running.

"I'm trying to focus on my breathing and control my panic attack," Adams wrote.

She was eventually able to open the door of the plane, however there was a 40ft drop to the ground.

Her ordeal only ended after she was able to make her way in to the cockpit where she found a torch that she was able to use to get the attention of the airport ground staff.

The airline is now investigating how something like this could have happened.

"We are still reviewing this matter so we have no additional details to share, but we have followed up with the customer and remain in contact with her," Air Canada said in a statement.

Source: BBC News | Comments (13)

Tags: Plane

Comment icon #4 Posted by AllPossible on 24 June, 2019, 12:18
Maybe next time she shouldn't take so much sleeping medicine. People probably tried to wake her up. Don't blame other passengers. How do you not hear the intercom, the chaos that goes on after landing. They probably thought she died
Comment icon #5 Posted by Dark_Grey on 24 June, 2019, 12:23
The staff couldn't wake her up so they just shrugged their shoulders and left? Aren't they staff supposed to do a walk through after all the passengers have exited the plane?
Comment icon #6 Posted by Seti42 on 24 June, 2019, 20:31
Yep. Clearly the staff didn't do a proper walk through, or a walk through at all. You can't miss a person in a seat unless you aren't there to see them in the first place. In any case, damn...That'd be horrifying and disorienting. Hell, I'm disoriented AF for a bit if I fall asleep when it's light out, and wake up in the dark. Waking up in an empty, freezing cold plane cabin is a total Twilight Zone episode, LOL. I'd probably seriously think I was dead...For a few seconds.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Unfortunately on 25 June, 2019, 0:23
Honestly, am I the only one who would be initially startled but still find this whole experience quite hilarious? I think I'd want my ticket money back but other than that it's essentially just one of those moments where life decides to shake you to make sure you're still paying attention.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Big Jim on 25 June, 2019, 2:35
I don't fly, so I don't know the procedures, but wouldn't there be a cleaning crew or something between flights?  I've never seen a gathering of people that didn't leave behind trash and lost items.  I understand most planes are in the air as much as possible so it's hard to believe someone didn't find her.  Also, was there no one to greet her at the airport or waiting for her at home?  I've met incoming passengers and if they weren't there I'd be asking somebody to check.
Comment icon #9 Posted by aztek on 25 June, 2019, 20:29
stuff happens,.. now, what would i do if i was left locked in an airplane, hm..... btw i'm pretty sure she could have used emergency exit if she wanted to. as much as i'd love to take that bird into the air, i'd probably get into first class cabin, and have a good night sleep, no kids to deal with, no dogs to walk....
Comment icon #10 Posted by Jon the frog on 26 June, 2019, 1:59
Just one thing : Open bar and Free snacks !!!
Comment icon #11 Posted by godnodog on 2 July, 2019, 20:31
The staff probably didn´t do a seat row by row search, they probably were near the exit and took a look from the exit to the very end, and the passenger was probably sleeping do the side or with her head lower than the seat, that´s why they missed her.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hammerclaw on 2 July, 2019, 22:10
Lucky for them she wasn't a terrorist with sabotage on their minds.
Comment icon #13 Posted by qxcontinuum on 3 July, 2019, 4:01
Air Canada has the worse customer service and stewardship in my experience.

Are alien probes hidden on nearby asteroids ?
9-23-2019
A new paper has put forward the idea that an alien civilization may have been watching us for millennia.
Annual Mothman festival held in Point Pleasant
9-23-2019
Thousands descended on the West Virginia town at the weekend to celebrate the world-famous monster.
Revisited: the man who 'shot two Bigfoots'
9-23-2019
A reality TV Bigfoot hunter made headlines a few years back after claiming to have killed two of the creatures.
Mystery surrounds orange wristband deaths
9-22-2019
Authorities in Pittsburgh are investigating a series of incidents involving people wearing orange wristbands.
Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ

Orb of light woke me up
9-17-2019 | Virginia

A poltergeist eye witness
9-1-2019 | Iran, Kermanshah

A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates