Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Woman reels in weird fish with two mouths

Posted on Thursday, 22 August, 2019 | Comment icon 19 comments

Why does this fish have two mouths ? Image Credit: Facebook / Debbie Geddes
Debbie Geddes had been fishing in Lake Champlain with her husband when she caught this peculiar specimen.
The bizarre fish, which is believed to be a trout, has what looks like two separate mouths.

"When it bit, it felt like I had a nice fish on," said Geddes. "I actually commented, 'I hope it's as big as it feels'. When we got it in the boat I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Two mouths! And yet this fish was healthy and thriving! Pretty amazing! We quickly took a few pictures and released the fish."

Photographs of the unusual catch later went viral, leading to a great deal of speculation over the nature of the fish on social media.
Some have speculated that the fish could be a mutant that was born with two mouths, while others subscribe to the theory that the second 'mouth' developed due to an injury the fish sustained.

"I just can't believe all the attention this has received," said Geddes.

"The public's responses and theories are quite interesting. I personally believe it was caused by a previous injury, most likely from another angler."

Source: Independent | Comments (19)

Tags: Fish, Lake Champlain

Comment icon #10 Posted by DieChecker on 23 August, 2019, 14:22
Two mouths comes with two faces.†
Comment icon #11 Posted by Matt221 on 23 August, 2019, 16:05
That's just weird†
Comment icon #12 Posted by Jon the frog on 23 August, 2019, 21:31
Sure, a bad†injury, don't know if it was healing or was inflicted when catching it. Probably unsurvivable
Comment icon #13 Posted by mdbuilder on 24 August, 2019, 12:55
If that fish could talk, it'd be a democrat...
Comment icon #14 Posted by Desertrat56 on 24 August, 2019, 19:04
I think you need to go out and take a walk, leave your cell phone at home and take a break from social media.† This is a thread about a deformed fish and you bring up your politics.† That is definitely a sign that you need to take a break and get your head back.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Tatetopa on 24 August, 2019, 19:14
The company I worked for 30 years ago†used to dump thorium† waste (same thing that used to make luminous watch dials) in a nearby creek.† When we got busted, our brilliant VP was quoted in the paper as saying, "We thought it would just wash out to sea."††
Comment icon #16 Posted by Desertrat56 on 24 August, 2019, 19:17
Oh, my.† I hope he got fired. †
Comment icon #17 Posted by Tatetopa on 25 August, 2019, 3:48
Golden parachute†baby!
Comment icon #18 Posted by pixiii on 29 August, 2019, 4:43
Thought loops right? Now that I know what one is, I seem them all time time! †
Comment icon #19 Posted by Impedancer on 29 August, 2019, 14:12
Botoxed fish from Chernobyl

BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
Video of a fish with a human-like face goes viral
11-11-2019
Unnerving footage of a carp with distinctly human-like facial features has recently emerged on social media.
Geneticists propose human/tardigrade hybrids
11-11-2019
Combining tardigrade DNA with our own could one day improve our ability to survive for long periods in space.
Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
11-10-2019
This spectacular celestial event, which only happens a few times per century, will be visible for 5.5 hours.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia