Thursday, January 28, 2021

'Bridgewater Triangle' to be made into a TV show

Posted on Sunday, 1 September, 2019 | Comment icon 9 comments

What lurks in the forests of southeastern Massachusetts ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
A 200 square-mile region of southeastern Massachusetts has been a hotbed of strange occurrences for years.
Sometimes referred to as "America's Bermuda Triangle", the region was first defined by author Loren Coleman who documented Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown as the three 'points' of the triangle.

Within this otherwise unassuming area there have been countless reports of unexplained phenomena.

Hockomock swamp, which means 'the place where spirits dwell', is said to be home to all manner of unusual creatures including Bigfoot, giant snakes, giant birds and even pterodactyls.

The Freetown-Fall River State Forest, far from being a wonderland of nature, is said to be the site of various ritualistic murders, animal sacrifices and other sinister practices.

The region is also known for countless UFO and fireball sightings, as well as tales of poltergeists, Native American curses and much more.
Now in testament to the mystery surrounding the Bridgewater Triangle, FX has acquired a short story about the region in the hope of turning it into a new television show.

While few details are known at the moment, Noah Hawley of 'Fargo' fame and his company 26 Keys Productions are believed to be executive producing the new series.

The show will reportedly be an 'apocalyptic horror thriller' that will focus on three siblings who must unite to confront a spate of chilling paranormal events.

"This will raise the national profile of the Bridgewater Triangle," said filmmaker Aaron Cadieux who previously created a documentary about the region.

"We were surprised, but very pleasantly surprised [by the news]."

Source: Boston Globe | Comments (9)

Tags: Bridgewater Triangle

Comment icon #1 Posted by Alchopwn on 1 September, 2019, 10:26
*sings* More Lovecraft than Lovecraft.
Comment icon #2 Posted by the13bats on 1 September, 2019, 14:27
i guess they need looky lou tourist $$$s
Comment icon #3 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 1 September, 2019, 15:02
I live in the NE part of Massachusetts and I had heard of the strange things going on in there long ago.  But I never really investigated and have no inclination to. If something weird comes out of it one of my kids will tell me. lol
Comment icon #4 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 1 September, 2019, 15:10
The towns might be about to exploit it, I don't know. But right up the road in Salem Massachusetts surer than hell did with its witch-steria and now every Halloween it is jammed with tourists. It's Ok, I get it, a reason to party but I remember when it was just like any other town in the area at Halloween. Times change.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Gwynbleidd on 6 September, 2019, 12:09
Well I'm definitely one who will watch this tv show.  I love stuff like this
Comment icon #6 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 7 September, 2019, 16:24
Shall add to my list of shows. Sounds interesting and I love spooky stuff.
Comment icon #7 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 7 September, 2019, 19:47
Me too! Doesn't matter how wacky they are!    P.S what a lovely welsh name you have.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Gwynbleidd on 8 September, 2019, 7:56
You're very kind thank you  I've only just changed it to this, it's meant to mean White Wolf in Elder Speak from the Witcher Books/Games to do with Geralt the main protagonist.   So I've learnt something new about it now that you've said it's Welsh as I never knew that!  So thankyou!
Comment icon #9 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 September, 2019, 10:12
You're very welcome. I've played a bit of Witcher (great game). Believe it or not the welsh language is used quite a bit in fantasy. Probably cause most people around the world still think Wales is plural for the massive ocean dwelling mammal not a country.

The bizarre 'UFO patents' of Dr Salvatore Pais
1-27-2021
Over the years, the US Navy has invested large sums into the development of several 'out there' technologies.
Has the Nazca Lines mystery been solved ?
1-27-2021
A new archaeological study has reportedly discovered the true purpose of the enigmatic Peruvian geoglyphs.
The peculiar history of cheese and witchcraft
1-26-2021
Throughout the ages, cheese has been perceived to possess all manner of strange and magical properties.
Mysteries revisited: the body on Killhope Moor
1-26-2021
The mystery of a body found in a coffin on a moor 100 years ago continues to endure even to this day.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball