Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Woman captures 'ghostly figure' on CCTV

Posted on Friday, 10 April, 2020 | Comment icon 18 comments

Ghost or technical glitch ? You decide. Image Credit: YouTube / Caters Clips / Rachel Jones
CCTV footage recorded on a quiet street shows what one woman has described as an 'otherworldly figure'.
Cambridgeshire resident Rachel Jones first spotted something unusual after a strange noise outside on the evening of March 26th prompted her to check over her security footage.

What she saw on the recording left her unnerved and perplexed in equal measure.

"I was at home sitting on my bed and I heard a noise outside so I quickly picked up my phone and turned the camera on and was shocked by what appeared," she said.
"I believe I can see a ghostly figure come out of the window with a light and then it walks down the path and past the car."

"I was completely astonished when I saw the recording that it picked up what I saw, I was in disbelief."

"I have watched it so many times and can't come up with any explanation."

While there certainly does appear to be something unusual going on in the video, there is a strong possibility that the 'ghost' could simply be a technical glitch with the CCTV.

You can check out the footage for yourself below.

Source: Story Trender | Comments (18)

Tags: Ghost, CCTV

Comment icon #9 Posted by XenoFish on 10 April, 2020, 16:37
So taking out the trash is now paranormal.....yeah, okay sure.
Comment icon #10 Posted by micahc on 10 April, 2020, 21:36
it's Tabitha the tidy ghost.
Comment icon #11 Posted by drakonwick on 10 April, 2020, 22:27
It's really interesting! But honestly it just looks like some type of error in the camera causing a distortion.
Comment icon #12 Posted by ChrLzs on 11 April, 2020, 5:16
Sorry, but I find it seriously underwhelming...  Almost all cameras of this type use jpeg compression, which essentially means that it uses various techniques to compress/shrink the file size, and that process compromises the quality.  It does this by averaging the content of 8x8 pixel blocks, and also trying to reuse the same blocks when they roughly match a different part of the image. To be particular, if the image shows a moving object that is very close in color/brightness level to the background, it will tend to be 'blended' in to that background, by the jpeg process re-using similar 8x8... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by DieChecker on 11 April, 2020, 11:36
Probably just a kid taking out garbage wearing black.
Comment icon #14 Posted by TashaMarie on 16 April, 2020, 21:35
I have no idea about video technology but it does appear to glitched out at 20:10:29, so I would say glitchy footage.
Comment icon #15 Posted by _Only on 17 April, 2020, 21:42
Chinese lantern!  edit: Oh, wrong forum area!
Comment icon #16 Posted by _Only on 17 April, 2020, 21:48
I remember back int he day when YouTube videos were showing better lit examples of bad jpeg compression garbling faces to say the people in video are Reptilian shape shifters. Frick, they're still doing it!
Comment icon #17 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 18 April, 2020, 19:47
Majority of those cameras - whoever sells them - is produced for profit, not for quality. Many errors in that equipment. A lot of skipped frames and 'person with (flashlight?) part' surely points out this problem. After all who would pay 20 or 30k for such system today. Even when the price was as high as that (i worked in security installations company when it was very profitable) the equipment was mostly poor quality and it's still technically hard to achieve both quality and 'endurance' even today. At least it is for average sums of money.
Comment icon #18 Posted by curiouse on 22 April, 2020, 11:00
I see a person with a torch. For some reason the “ film” has rendered it invisible?

Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
60ft moving Gundam robot unveiled in Japan
12-1-2020
Japan's Gundam Factory Yokohama complex has revealed its fully functional, life-size robot to the media.
Another monolith has turned up in Romania
12-1-2020
The mystery of the '2001' monoliths has deepened after another one has appeared half way across the world.
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit
11-30-2020
The spoon bending Israeli had previously sued Nintendo for their use of a Pokemon that was inspired by him.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball