Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Ghosts & Hauntings

Woman captures 'ghostly figure' on CCTV

April 10, 2020 | Comment icon 18 comments

Ghost or technical glitch ? You decide. Image Credit: YouTube / Caters Clips / Rachel Jones
CCTV footage recorded on a quiet street shows what one woman has described as an 'otherworldly figure'.
Cambridgeshire resident Rachel Jones first spotted something unusual after a strange noise outside on the evening of March 26th prompted her to check over her security footage.

What she saw on the recording left her unnerved and perplexed in equal measure.

"I was at home sitting on my bed and I heard a noise outside so I quickly picked up my phone and turned the camera on and was shocked by what appeared," she said.
"I believe I can see a ghostly figure come out of the window with a light and then it walks down the path and past the car."

"I was completely astonished when I saw the recording that it picked up what I saw, I was in disbelief."

"I have watched it so many times and can't come up with any explanation."

While there certainly does appear to be something unusual going on in the video, there is a strong possibility that the 'ghost' could simply be a technical glitch with the CCTV.

You can check out the footage for yourself below.

Source: Story Trender | Comments (18)

Comment icon #9 Posted by XenoFish 2 years ago
So taking out the trash is now paranormal.....yeah, okay sure.
Comment icon #10 Posted by micahc 2 years ago
it's Tabitha the tidy ghost.
Comment icon #11 Posted by drakonwick 2 years ago
It's really interesting! But honestly it just looks like some type of error in the camera causing a distortion.
Comment icon #12 Posted by ChrLzs 2 years ago
Sorry, but I find it seriously underwhelming...  Almost all cameras of this type use jpeg compression, which essentially means that it uses various techniques to compress/shrink the file size, and that process compromises the quality.  It does this by averaging the content of 8x8 pixel blocks, and also trying to reuse the same blocks when they roughly match a different part of the image. To be particular, if the image shows a moving object that is very close in color/brightness level to the background, it will tend to be 'blended' in to that background, by the jpeg process re-using similar 8x8... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by DieChecker 2 years ago
Probably just a kid taking out garbage wearing black.
Comment icon #14 Posted by TashaMarie 2 years ago
I have no idea about video technology but it does appear to glitched out at 20:10:29, so I would say glitchy footage.
Comment icon #15 Posted by _Only 2 years ago
Chinese lantern!  edit: Oh, wrong forum area!
Comment icon #16 Posted by _Only 2 years ago
I remember back int he day when YouTube videos were showing better lit examples of bad jpeg compression garbling faces to say the people in video are Reptilian shape shifters. Frick, they're still doing it!
Comment icon #17 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot 2 years ago
Majority of those cameras - whoever sells them - is produced for profit, not for quality. Many errors in that equipment. A lot of skipped frames and 'person with (flashlight?) part' surely points out this problem. After all who would pay 20 or 30k for such system today. Even when the price was as high as that (i worked in security installations company when it was very profitable) the equipment was mostly poor quality and it's still technically hard to achieve both quality and 'endurance' even today. At least it is for average sums of money.
Comment icon #18 Posted by curiouse 2 years ago
I see a person with a torch. For some reason the “ film” has rendered it invisible?

Total Posts: 7,267,217    Topics: 298,906    Members: 197,007