Where did the diamond-shaped UFO come from and where did it go ? Image Credit: PD - Ingo Wolbern
The UK Ministry of Defense has blocked the scheduled release of a dossier detailing a famous UFO case.
Back in August 1990, two hikers who had been walking in the Scottish Highlands near Calvine, Pitlochry, witnessed a strange diamond-spaced object hovering over the nearby landscape.
They managed to capture images of the UFO before it sped off at significant speed.
Keen to get the word out about what they had seen, the pair got in touch with the Scottish Daily Record newspaper and shared both their story and the photographs they had taken.
Journalists then shared the images with the UK Ministry of Defense.
It turned out that the hikers had not been the only ones to see the object - an RAF Harrier jet pilot had also witnessed the phenomenon - again near Calvine - after being scrambled to investigate.
"The Defence Intelligence staff sent these images to JARIC that's the Joint Air Reconnaissance and Intelligence Center," said former MoD UFO investigator Nick Pope.
"Now this is the UK's military center of expertise when it comes to imagery analysis. These Intelligence personnel come to the conclusion that these photographs are real - it's a solid craft and no one has the faintest idea what it is."
30 years on and the MoD dossier - including the photographs - had been scheduled for declassification and public release, as is typical for such documents.
Now however, for reasons unknown, the release has been postponed for another 50 years.
"Under the 30-year rule, the file should have been released on January 1st 2021, but if the ministry get their way it won't be released until January 1 2072 - an 82-year closure," one UFO hunter reportedly told The Sun
"By the time the world gets to see the file, the two witnesses will be dead. It is crazy."
"What are the authorities trying to hide ?"
Source: Daily Record | Comments (15)
Similar stories based on this topic: