Wednesday, August 4, 2021

New Netflix series to explore life after death

Posted on Monday, 4 January, 2021 | Comment icon 131 comments

Does any part of us live on after we die ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
The streaming service has released a new trailer for its upcoming documentary series 'Surviving Death'.
It's one of the most widely debated mysteries of all time and a subject that has perplexed scientists and philosophers alike for millennia - what happens to us when we die ?

Now a new series on Netflix, which premieres on January 6th, will try to answer this question by exploring the idea that life may continue - at least in some form - after death.

Entitled Surviving Death, the six-part series features one episode on the general concept of life after death, two episodes on the history and methods of psychic mediums, two more on the ways the dead might communicate with the living and the last on real-world stories of reincarnation.
"What does it mean to die, and is death the end of our existence ?" the official synopsis reads.

"Weaving together innovative new research with firsthand accounts from those who've been close to - and even experienced - death, this series takes viewers on an extraordinary journey into a world beyond human existence as we know it."

You can check out a trailer for the new series below.

Source: Collider.com | Comments (131)

Tags: Near-Death Experience

Comment icon #122 Posted by the13bats on 14 February, 2021, 17:34
As far as LAD goes i have come to the grim conclusion many who blindly ( zero proof ) support it are simply scared that when we die thats it done, so they made up some LAD idea, thing is when grilled for details esch believer has different replies. As far as rising from being "long dead" sounds a bit zombie-ish and at the very least a bit gamey.
Comment icon #123 Posted by the13bats on 14 February, 2021, 17:35
Sure, but im not into superstitious fanatics.
Comment icon #124 Posted by Guyver on 14 February, 2021, 18:55
There are 5 pages in this thread and no one asked you about this comment? †I would love to hear your experience. †Will you share it?
Comment icon #125 Posted by joc on 15 February, 2021, 1:26
She said via Yahweh's Computer Internet.† I'd be happy living in a teepee entirely off the grid. But that isn't reality.† We are 'part of the grid'.† †There is no escaping Yahweh's evil crutches. That's like saying I will toast with a glass of whiskey to affirming that I will never touch the Devil's Cocaine!
Comment icon #126 Posted by Guyver on 15 February, 2021, 14:54
I watched the first episode, and Iím not terribly impressed, aside from the story about the spine surgeons account of her experience, and the accurate (or semi-accurate) prediction of her sons death.
Comment icon #127 Posted by Robotic Jew on 15 February, 2021, 17:15
There isn't really much to the story. I think I may have even told it here before in some degree. But I was "dead" and "revived" after ignoring doctors advice on how to handle a sensitive medical diagnoses in my teens.† After recovering I was asked by multiple nurses and psychologists about my "experience" because it resembled other instances where people had seen tunnels of light, and loved ones and things of that nature. I saw nothing...or I don't remember seeing anything, I remember things going dark while I was in once place and then "waking up" in a hospital about 36 hours later.† † I lik... [More]
Comment icon #128 Posted by and then on 16 February, 2021, 1:50
There always seems to be ONE who has to prove how intelligent or insightful they are by demeaning the curiosity of others.† It's why I usually avoid these topics even though I find them fascinating †
Comment icon #129 Posted by Piney on 16 February, 2021, 11:56
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democritus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicurus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodorus_the_Atheist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strato_of_Lampsacus
Comment icon #130 Posted by psyche101 on 24 February, 2021, 2:54
That's not true at all.
Comment icon #131 Posted by psyche101 on 24 February, 2021, 2:57
Meh. Mildly interesting. Nothing to do with the subject though. It's a bit slow to be honest.†

New study links dopamine to consciousness
8-4-2021
New research has revealed how the 'pleasure chemical' dopamine plays a key role in human consciousness.
Machu Picchu could be older than thought
8-4-2021
The world-famous Incan citadel, which sits high atop the Andes in Peru, is now thought to be decades older.
'Complex organic matter' found on asteroids
8-3-2021
Scientists have identified two unusual asteroids between Mars and Jupiter that shouldn't actually be there.
Ghost hunter injured after falling through roof
8-3-2021
An ill-fated paranormal investigation at a notorious haunted hotspot saw one enthusiast end up in hospital.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball