Monday, September 20, 2021

Witness reports Bigfoot sighting in California

Posted on Wednesday, 10 February, 2021 | Comment icon 18 comments

What did the man see that night ? Image Credit: Steve Bexter / Pexels
Rick Bates had been driving along Highway 101 near Garberville when he noticed something very unusual.
The encounter, which took place on January 23rd, occurred between Benbow Inn and Richardson Grove and was later submitted to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO).

"The road makes a few turns and the speed limit drops in the area," Bates wrote. "As I rounded a sweeping right hand turn I saw a figure on the south bound shoulder of the highway."

"I was the only vehicle in the area about 8:15 PM. My speed was about 45-50 MPH as I passed the figure. The figure was laying on the shoulder of the road on its right side."

"I estimated the height to be about 7'. I was looking at the creature's back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape. While the shape similar to a human it was not human."
"I could see muscular features in its glutes and a head on the shoulders that was somewhat tapered toward the top and being held off the ground. It's hair was a chocolate brown and very course. The hair was not fur like of a bear at all."

"I turned around a distance past the spot and returned to where I had seen it. No other vehicles had gone north or south from the time I saw the creature to the time I returned to its location (2 minutes estimate). When I got to the spot where I had seen it, the creature it was gone."

A follow-up call with the witness revealed that he was a veteran law enforcement officer who had driven the route numerous times.

He remained adamant that the creature was shaped like a man but covered in thick hair.

As things stand, no conclusive explanation for the sighting has been found.

Source: Bro Bible | Comments (18)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #9 Posted by Trelane on 16 February, 2021, 20:10
There are several red flags when a "report" like this is made. As a former investigator, I would like to call the person back in and have them recall the story and see how many details change or if any exaggerations are created.
Comment icon #10 Posted by DanL on 13 March, 2021, 14:30
Based on some of these comments it sounds like some of you could mistake a 7 foot tall, 300 pound weight lifter for an anorexic midget if he was standing on the side of the road while you were driving. What he described was about what I would consider to be a normal amount of detail for a quick glance at something. If Shaquille O'Neal was standing or laying on the side of the road I don't think that I would describe him as a short skinny white dude. I bet that even at 70 mph I would see a BIG very tall black man. Anyone that couldn't see him and make a deion that included that he was like 7 fe... [More]
Comment icon #11 Posted by Resume on 13 March, 2021, 19:38
I've seen lots of stuff in the wild that I might have mistaken for footie, but upon closer inspection was a tree stump, or a leaf ball, or bear eating swallows from their nests on the side of an esker.  I can see how someone so inclined might see zebras instead of horses.  I also can see someone just making up horse ****.
Comment icon #12 Posted by the13bats on 13 March, 2021, 23:43
Weird, no one here has given me the thought you have, No one claimed they saw a small person or shaq some guy claimed he saw bigfoot, and on clser inspection of his account it sounds made up to some of us. If you believe in bigfoot dont be bashful just say so.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Hyperionxvii on 13 March, 2021, 23:46
"If Shaquille O'Neal was standing or laying on the side of the road I don't think that I would describe him as a short skinny white dude. I bet that even at 70 mph I would see a BIG very tall black man. Anyone that couldn't see him and make a deion that included that he was like 7 feet tall and really big in the chest and abdomen might not be observant enough to drive anything moving much faster than at a fast walk." 50 mph on a winding road. AT NIGHT. No it is in no way normal to see and remember the level of detail he's claiming under those circumstances. Under those circumstances, you might... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by the13bats on 14 March, 2021, 2:25
I met shaq once he wasnt very nice but he was a big fellow, i wonder if shaq believes in bigfoot seems iirc he believed in flat earth.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Hyperionxvii on 14 March, 2021, 6:37
Seems a lot of these sports stars and Hollywood actors are not exactly known for their intellect or social skills.
Comment icon #16 Posted by the13bats on 14 March, 2021, 6:46
Being in the biz i was i gave shaq slack on not being nice to me, i do not believe he owed me any manners etc, however you see over 20 years later i recall it and say shaq wasnt nice. I read somewhere he supported flat earth but you can imagine i dont care enough to look it up. Ive never been into sports or been an athletic supporter
Comment icon #17 Posted by DieChecker on 27 March, 2021, 17:54
I've driven this road many times on the Oregon side. Rarely, if ever is it abandoned at 8 PM.  I could see a driver recalling some features of such an encounter, but IMHO this is a bit much to swallow, even if he'd said he saw such details for a bear, or elk.  I have seen elk on this road and the turns are marked as to slow down, and so I had no problem stopping. I believe this fellow either could have stopped, or would have been going too fast, and watching the road, to see this bigfoot so clearly.  So, my opinion is... just a story. Though if it was reported within a short time span, it woul... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by Harte on 8 August, 2021, 21:05
Harte

Sir Clive Sinclair: a man ahead of his time
9-20-2021
The late inventor created all manner of weird and wonderful gadgets - but did any of them truly fail ?
Man finds creepy doll boarded up under stairs
9-20-2021
A primary school teacher in Liverpool, England found something decidedly creepy hidden in his new home.
Human remains found inside Louisiana alligator
9-19-2021
Wildlife authorities have identified an alligator that is suspected of killing a man who was reported missing.
15th-Century Vinland Map turns out to be fake
9-19-2021
Researchers at Yale University have debunked what was thought to be the earliest known map of the New World.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball