Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Witness reports Bigfoot sighting in California

Posted on Wednesday, 10 February, 2021 | Comment icon 12 comments

What did the man see that night ? Image Credit: Steve Bexter / Pexels
Rick Bates had been driving along Highway 101 near Garberville when he noticed something very unusual.
The encounter, which took place on January 23rd, occurred between Benbow Inn and Richardson Grove and was later submitted to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO).

"The road makes a few turns and the speed limit drops in the area," Bates wrote. "As I rounded a sweeping right hand turn I saw a figure on the south bound shoulder of the highway."

"I was the only vehicle in the area about 8:15 PM. My speed was about 45-50 MPH as I passed the figure. The figure was laying on the shoulder of the road on its right side."

"I estimated the height to be about 7'. I was looking at the creature's back and noticed it had broad shoulders and was thick torso shape. While the shape similar to a human it was not human."
"I could see muscular features in its glutes and a head on the shoulders that was somewhat tapered toward the top and being held off the ground. It's hair was a chocolate brown and very course. The hair was not fur like of a bear at all."

"I turned around a distance past the spot and returned to where I had seen it. No other vehicles had gone north or south from the time I saw the creature to the time I returned to its location (2 minutes estimate). When I got to the spot where I had seen it, the creature it was gone."

A follow-up call with the witness revealed that he was a veteran law enforcement officer who had driven the route numerous times.

He remained adamant that the creature was shaped like a man but covered in thick hair.

As things stand, no conclusive explanation for the sighting has been found.

Source: Bro Bible | Comments (12)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #3 Posted by Timothy on 11 February, 2021, 7:58
Could have been this lass! She could be 7’ tall, has hair which could be chocolate brown and course, and solid glutes. Not an overly thick torso though... (Credit: Michael Bailey https://www.blackartdepot.com/collections/artist-michael-bailey-art-gallery ) Edit: Although he didn’t mention a zebra-skin skirt and black stilettos. I feel like he would have spotted those details.
Comment icon #4 Posted by CloudSix on 11 February, 2021, 9:36
That is a lot of details to remember indeed and I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday... Maybe if my lunch was a huge bipedal hairy creature I could rememeber it easily!  All jokes aside, it's a pretty solid recollection of something he saw for a few seconds in the dark. I know when I see a hare or something similar, I only know that it's a hare because I know that hares are what I can see driving in that particular area. If it were something not expected, I could not see or remember all those details.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 15 February, 2021, 15:23
  This is a case where I would surely consider MIAMS (man in a monkey suite) to be a most reasonable guesstimate. The reason..? A MIAMS would do this to get attention (BF store owner?). But a BigFoot.. why would a BF lie on the side of the highway?    ugh, normally, yes. But in panic situations... don't bet on how clearly the mind can rethink such a situation. It's like time slowed down and you recall everything in great detail, depending on the severity.    Anyway, I see no red meat here for the True Sceptics, save the per usual stone throwing, laughing etc.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Abramelin on 15 February, 2021, 15:32
I would remember every detail of that cryptid, even when passing by at 80 miles per hour!
Comment icon #7 Posted by Trelane on 15 February, 2021, 21:27
I would like for this to be revisited and see how his story changes.
Comment icon #8 Posted by the13bats on 16 February, 2021, 0:13
Is this just a story?
Comment icon #9 Posted by the13bats on 16 February, 2021, 3:10
  Yeah, matt moneytaker being involved after the fact aside the story doesnt wash, in that situation he got a quick glance no way to get all those details which just sounds like embelishments to me, If i asked you to make up a story in details of the unicorn that you saw on the side of the road you could do that too.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 16 February, 2021, 15:26
there wasn't enough there to change. And what do you think of this guy not looking for footprints... hmmmm. One of the more disappointing cases I've seen.
Comment icon #11 Posted by the13bats on 16 February, 2021, 20:00
Its weak because he made it up.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Trelane on 16 February, 2021, 20:10
There are several red flags when a "report" like this is made. As a former investigator, I would like to call the person back in and have them recall the story and see how many details change or if any exaggerations are created.

Ornate Roman chariot unearthed at Pompeii
3-2-2021
Archaeologists have discovered a well-preserved 2,000-year-old chariot in the ruins of a wealthy Roman villa.
Argentinian titanosaur may be oldest ever found
3-1-2021
Palaeontologists have unearthed what is thought to be the oldest member of one of the largest dinosaur species.
Photographs of alleged live thylacines released
3-1-2021
Trail camera images of an alleged 'thylacine family' have been revealed, but not everyone is convinced.
AI learns how to play old platform games
2-28-2021
New computer algorithms designed to beat old 80s platformers could help robots navigate your home.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball