Monday, August 3, 2015   |   7,068 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Flying grim reaper chases people in park

Posted on Friday, 25 October, 2013 | Comment icon 31 comments

What would you do if you saw this flying towards you ? Image Credit: YouTube / Tom Mabe
Prankster Tom Mabe sent joggers running for their lives with his latest Halloween-themed contraption.
You'd be forgiven for being more than a little concerned at the sight of the grim reaper wailing and flying towards you, but that's exactly what happened to several passers-by at an otherwise ideallic park in Louisville, Kentucky.

Taking advantage of the Halloween season as a chance to engage in some paranormal-themed japery, serial prankster Tom Mabe dressed up a remote control helicopter like the grim reaper and filmed people's reactions as he chased them around with it.

"We have had a lot of fun making this," he said. "Itís taken some work to make it happen, but itís great fun. It flies with the help of a remote control helicopter but you rig it up in a really brilliant way. It has to be quiet so people donít hear it."

A video of the prank shows joggers and other park visitors fleeing in horror as the contraption flies after them while emitting a wailing noise. "The best bit is when you sneak up on people. We fly it about 200ft in the air and then drop it down so itís right behind them," Mabe added.

Source: Metro | Comments (31)

Tags: Tom Mabe, Halloween

Comment icon #22 Posted by ancient astronaut on 26 October, 2013, 15:24
Just think give it a Norm MacDonald voice and you could be in a real-life Family Guy episode!!!!!!
Comment icon #23 Posted by jesspy on 27 October, 2013, 3:56
That s awesome. They need to fly it around a retirement home.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 27 October, 2013, 23:26
I'm sorry I'm gonna say this, but in the spirit of Halloween... 318,432,568spooky636,865,136me
Comment icon #25 Posted by Emeraldgemheart on 29 October, 2013, 15:01
These people.. are just mean. But I'd probably do the same thing.
Comment icon #26 Posted by WoIverine on 29 October, 2013, 19:39
LOL, hundreds of broken hips later.....
Comment icon #27 Posted by davros of skaro on 29 October, 2013, 19:46
That flying reaper is freaken awesome. I would redo the scream into something more blood curdling though. I seen a vid where a guy took a car made for a mail carrier (passenger side steering).Mocked up a neon lighted glowing skeleton driving a video game steering wheel.The video only shown the skeleton, and you just hear people screaming,but it was cool. MMWWHHAA HA HA!
Comment icon #28 Posted by susieice on 30 October, 2013, 2:20
OMG I sooo want to do this. I'm still laughing (and crying). Oh God that's rich. ROFLMBO!
Comment icon #29 Posted by WoIverine on 31 October, 2013, 15:38
Watched this one a few more times now, it's still funny!
Comment icon #30 Posted by RichardRoma on 1 November, 2013, 4:55
it's all fun and games until someone gets decapitated a la
Comment icon #31 Posted by skookum on 12 November, 2013, 11:08
Great wish I had thought of it, bored with my helicopters now.

Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio

Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA

Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

My haunted basement apartment
7-1-2015 | Washington DC

Stange happenings one summer
6-23-2015 | Lynchburg, South Carolina

Soulmates in another life ?
6-11-2015 | Florida, United States