Saturday, July 22, 2017

'World's scariest advert' unveiled in Japan

Posted on Thursday, 5 December, 2013 | Comment icon 44 comments

Not for the faint of heart. Image Credit: YouTube / Autoway Tyres
The paranormal themed tyre commercial is so terrifying that it comes with its own health warning.
Eager to make sure that their latest advertising campaign stands out from the crowd, one Japanese tyre company has created a television advertisement so terrifying that many of those who watch it may need to sit down for a moment to collect their nerves.

The Autoway Tyres ad features a dashboard camera view of a vehicle driving along a snow-covered road in the dark. The unsuspecting occupants soon discover that they are not alone however as the ghostly figure of a girl appears on the road ahead and then proceeds to loom towards the camera in a jump scare sure to frighten the living daylights out of anyone who is watching.

So terrifying is the advert in fact that it comes with its own health warning to those with a heart condition or nervous disposition. Suffice to say, if you have a particular aversion to jump scares it might be a good idea to pass on this one.

The advert can be viewed below, but please, don't have nightmares.

Source: Independent | Comments (44)

Tags: Japan, Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #35 Posted by ZaraKitty on 13 December, 2013, 14:33
Oh my god this reminds me of the korean webcomic bang don song ghost (probably not the right name)I pretty much pooped myself. I'll dig up the links if anyone else wants a scare!
Comment icon #36 Posted by kapow53 on 20 December, 2013, 3:49
I jumped
Comment icon #37 Posted by kobolds on 20 December, 2013, 4:43
you call that terrifying . what a joke
Comment icon #38 Posted by Emeraldgemheart on 28 December, 2013, 14:54
That wasn't scary. I jumped a little, but nothing else. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this was scary.
Comment icon #39 Posted by JGirl on 28 December, 2013, 17:55
Comment icon #40 Posted by zoser on 28 December, 2013, 18:04
didn't watch it and wouldn't buy this company's product just because they resorted to something so stupid to sell it. Do you think it was a hoax?
Comment icon #41 Posted by JGirl on 28 December, 2013, 18:21
Do you think it was a hoax? no I think it's a stupid ad
Comment icon #42 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 29 December, 2013, 21:16
"Just driving, doo doo doo...Oh, hey. A ghost girl. Hi therOHSWEETJEEBUS"
Comment icon #43 Posted by Skellywelly on 3 January, 2014, 5:26
What the hell is japan doing to there ads
Comment icon #44 Posted by Rogue Suga on 4 January, 2014, 9:08
That was quite a funny ad

Did sea creatures push US in to Vietnam War ?
7-22-2017
Back in 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin incident resulted in a renewed commitment to war with Vietnam.
Scientist has 'solved' the Bermuda Triangle
7-22-2017
Dr Karl Kruszelnicki maintains that the answer to the mystery lies in little more than basic human error.
Scientists develop bizarre worm-like robot
7-22-2017
Stanford University researchers have built a robot that can literally worm its way around anything.
Mystery of Abe Lincoln's Bixby letter solved
7-21-2017
Forensic linguists have 'almost certainly' determined who really wrote the famous Civil War-era letter.
Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 0 comments

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI