Thursday, December 18, 2014   |   6,051 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

'World's scariest advert' unveiled in Japan

Posted on Thursday, 5 December, 2013 | Comment icon 44 comments

Not for the faint of heart. Image Credit: YouTube / Autoway Tyres

The paranormal themed tyre commercial is so terrifying that it comes with its own health warning.

Eager to make sure that their latest advertising campaign stands out from the crowd, one Japanese tyre company has created a television advertisement so terrifying that many of those who watch it may need to sit down for a moment to collect their nerves.

The Autoway Tyres ad features a dashboard camera view of a vehicle driving along a snow-covered road in the dark. The unsuspecting occupants soon discover that they are not alone however as the ghostly figure of a girl appears on the road ahead and then proceeds to loom towards the camera in a jump scare sure to frighten the living daylights out of anyone who is watching.

So terrifying is the advert in fact that it comes with its own health warning to those with a heart condition or nervous disposition. Suffice to say, if you have a particular aversion to jump scares it might be a good idea to pass on this one.

The advert can be viewed below, but please, don't have nightmares.

Source: Independent | Comments (44)

Tags: Japan, Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #35 Posted by ZaraKitty on 13 December, 2013, 14:33
Oh my god this reminds me of the korean webcomic bang don song ghost (probably not the right name)I pretty much pooped myself. I'll dig up the links if anyone else wants a scare!
Comment icon #36 Posted by kapow53 on 20 December, 2013, 3:49
I jumped
Comment icon #37 Posted by kobolds on 20 December, 2013, 4:43
you call that terrifying . what a joke
Comment icon #38 Posted by Emeraldgemheart on 28 December, 2013, 14:54
That wasn't scary. I jumped a little, but nothing else. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this was scary.
Comment icon #39 Posted by JGirl on 28 December, 2013, 17:55
didn't watch it and wouldn't buy this company's product just because they resorted to something so stupid to sell it.
Comment icon #40 Posted by zoser on 28 December, 2013, 18:04
Do you think it was a hoax?
Comment icon #41 Posted by JGirl on 28 December, 2013, 18:21
no I think it's a stupid ad
Comment icon #42 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 29 December, 2013, 21:16
"Just driving, doo doo doo...Oh, hey. A ghost girl. Hi therOHSWEETJEEBUS"
Comment icon #43 Posted by Skellywelly on 3 January, 2014, 5:26
What the hell is japan doing to there ads
Comment icon #44 Posted by Rogue Suga on 4 January, 2014, 9:08
That was quite a funny ad :D

A Connecticut haunting
12-15-2014 | New Milford, Connecticut

Luminous UFO in Scotland.
12-2-2014 | Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland