Friday, July 21, 2017

Ufologist Dr. Roger Leir has died

Posted on Sunday, 16 March, 2014 | Comment icon 40 comments

Dr. Roger Leir. Image Credit: YouTube / Citizens Hearing on Disclosure
The researcher and author was best known for his work investigating alleged extraterrestrial implants.
A well known figure in the UFO community, Leir's work gained worldwide attention thanks to his investigations in to the phenomenon of alien implants and his alleged removal of several such objects from the bodies of abductees.

These 'devices' appeared to exhibit anomalous isotropic ratios and chemical compositions comparable to those found in meteorite samples, leading Leir to conclude that they may be extraterrestrial in origin. Several prestigious laboratories have examined these objects over the years however the results remain both controversial and inconclusive.

In addition to his research, Leir has also been a speaker at multiple international conferences and symposiums and has appeared on numerous television and radio shows to discuss his work.

Described as a great family man with a passion and devotion to his field, Leir will be forever remembered as one of the world's most dedicated and controversial UFO researchers.

Source: Examiner | Comments (40)

Tags: Roger Leir

Comment icon #31 Posted by Hawkin on 17 March, 2014, 23:44
Interesting idea! I'll see what I can find, a preliminary search indicates that Penn Jillettes Net worth is 175 million, and Dan Aykroyd down at 135 million. That is a chuck of change for both. Both with different views but both walking to the bank with a big grin on their faces. hmm
Comment icon #32 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 0:23
It's obvious that people are capitalizing on the phenomena whether if they're skeptic or not. But there are people who are shaken by it and want to live a normal life like the rest of us and they wish to remain discreet in interviews because of the repercussions it causes. I could see that being completely true, the ones I have seen I am 100% certain are natural phenomena, but to me that does not lessen the intrigue nor mystery. I honestly believe that any genuine mystery which may well exist is completely destroyed by UFOlogists. They have his feverish ideal that everyone in the world is wron... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Hawkin on 18 March, 2014, 2:57
I could see that being completely true, the ones I have seen I am 100% certain are natural phenomena, but to me that does not lessen the intrigue nor mystery. I honestly believe that any genuine mystery which may well exist is completely destroyed by UFOlogists. They have his feverish ideal that everyone in the world is wrong and cannot see the incredible proof that they do of alien visitation. Like Thor Leader of the Earth Protectorant. They do not ask "what did it look like" they will start showing you pictures of alien spaceships they feel are visiting earth and get you to single out "what ... [More]
Comment icon #34 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 3:21
I don't know if this has ever been attempted by UFO investigators. But if I was one, I would interview claimed abductees that say they are abducted on a regular basis. There are groups dedicated to abductees. You might enjoy this watch, it is an Aussie documentary of Mary Rodwell. Her son is a skeptic, but tags along with Mum on a countryside jaunt to speak to "abductees". I found it a very interesting watch. The son tries to understand Mum, but stands behind her no matter what. A terrific kid. She debats a prof at some point and loses badly too. It would make a good thread actually. I bet the... [More]
Comment icon #35 Posted by dr no on 18 March, 2014, 3:30
Not theories. Real bits and pieces lifted from people's limbs. Alien in origin. Alien to the human body perhaps not alien to earth,no implant ever has had an extraterrestrial origin
Comment icon #36 Posted by Hawkin on 18 March, 2014, 4:51
There are groups dedicated to abductees. You might enjoy this watch, it is an Aussie documentary of Mary Rodwell. Her son is a skeptic, but tags along with Mum on a countryside jaunt to speak to "abductees". I found it a very interesting watch. The son tries to understand Mum, but stands behind her no matter what. A terrific kid. She debats a prof at some point and loses badly too. It would make a good thread actually. I bet the show offers many discussion points. Very interesting documentary P. It surprised me that the 1st guy failed the polygraph test but it was even a bigger surprise that t... [More]
Comment icon #37 Posted by psyche101 on 19 March, 2014, 3:20
Very interesting documentary P. It surprised me that the 1st guy failed the polygraph test but it was even a bigger surprise that the 2nd guy passed. The 1st guy's story would seem more believable then the 2nd guy saying he had 2 blonds in bed with him seemly wanting to lay pipe. I found it an interesting watch too, very honest I thought. The second guy - that's the robust fellow with the dark hair? If we are speaking of the same one, that is totally him relaying a wet dream, which when you think about it, makes you throw up in your mouth a little bit. He is gross as that bloke. I'd say he has... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by Hawkin on 19 March, 2014, 3:48
I am sure Mary has a healthy ego, for her to even think she can debate a college professor on this subject indicates that to me strongly. I do think the college professor could have been more professional on the debate with Mary then making jokes. But by him attacking her like that seem to make Chris grow closer to his mum and accept her for what she is instead of tearing their relationship apart. It was a blessing in disguise.
Comment icon #39 Posted by psyche101 on 19 March, 2014, 4:21
I do think the college professor could have been more professional on the debate with Mary then making jokes. But by him attacking her like that seem to make Chris grow closer to his mum and accept her for what she is instead of tearing their relationship apart. It was a blessing in disguise. Yes, I would say you are totally correct there, it did seem to make him "feel" for his mother, however, when one takes fantasy and tries to argue it is fact, one is bound to meet a brick wall sooner or later, the real world is very unforgiving and offers little sympathy for deliberate ignorance. The skept... [More]
Comment icon #40 Posted by wallarookiller on 19 March, 2014, 23:40
RIP Dr. Leir. Hope your family is doing well.

SpaceX ditches plans for 2018 Mars landing
7-21-2017
Plans to land a modified version of the company's reusable Dragon capsule on Mars have been scrapped.
Today marks 48 years since first Moon landing
7-20-2017
Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong made history when they set foot on the lunar surface 48 years ago today.
Australia find 'rewrites the history books'
7-20-2017
Archaeologists now believe that Australia was colonized 18,000 years earlier than previously thought.
Top US general warns against killer robots
7-19-2017
General Paul Selva has spoken out about the dangers of creating fully autonomous weapon systems.
Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Dog for mayor ?
Posted 7-17-2017 | 1 comment
What happens exactly when a town votes for a dog or a cat to be the mayor ? How does this work ?

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI