Friday, September 19, 2014   |   5,073 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Bill Clinton talks about aliens in interview

Posted on Thursday, 3 April, 2014 | Comment icon 829 comments

Clinton seemed very open to discussing the subject of alien visitation. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 dbking

The former United States president talked about the controversial subject on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Some conspiracy theorists have long believed that the US government has been withholding information about extraterrestrial visitors, a subject that Clinton seemed all too happy to talk about during the televised interview on Wednesday.

"If we were visited someday I wouldn’t be surprised," he said. "I just hope it's not like 'Independence Day'."

During the interview Clinton claimed that upon becoming president he conducted his own investigation in to the activities at Area 51 and the infamous Roswell Incident that took place in New Mexico in 1947. "I had all the Roswell papers reviewed - everything," he said.

Clinton also referenced the movie 'Independence Day' a second time by speaking about the way in which a threat from space could unite the human race, a theme that was also explored by Ronald Reagan during a speech to the UN in 1987.

"It may be the only way to unite this increasingly divided world of ours... think about all the differences among people of Earth would seem small if we feel threatened by a space invader," he said. "That's the whole theory of 'Independence Day'. Everybody gets together and makes nice."

Source: ABC News | Comments (829)

Tags: Bill Clinton, Extraterrestrial

Comment icon #820 Posted by Merc14 on 14 May, 2014, 1:34
Thanks mate. Brilliant as usual and I had forgotten that chapter. Thanks.
Comment icon #821 Posted by psyche101 on 14 May, 2014, 1:45
Cheers Brah. There were so many programs after WWII, it's darn near impossible to retain and keep a handle on them all, but there was a great deal of secrecy involved in some valiant attempt to break new ground, which has survived on the form of UFO stories, I would say largely from observers who hadn't the foggiest what they were looking at. And some who just want a bit of attention to fill out a lonely retired existence.
Comment icon #822 Posted by badeskov on 14 May, 2014, 2:03
I guess so I agree with you, even a few percent worth of utilization increase helps. But I still see the quantum leap with fusion (or something else). I have a nagging suspicion that you are right. Heck, knowing a few of such characters they have pulled some pranks, albeit to none that have ever made to the press to the best of my knowledge. Likewise, old buddy. Trying to be more around these days Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #823 Posted by quillius on 14 May, 2014, 8:57
not sure what I am meant to counter? a random strapline from an unknown source? I havent seen a video, heard an audio or seen any of the slides. Could it all be a lie? well yes I guess it could, do I think he said it, yes I am quite sure he gave a speech which included comments that are inline with what has been posted.
Comment icon #824 Posted by quillius on 14 May, 2014, 9:00
to be honest until we can see first hand the wording then I am not sure the order of what was said, I mean there is the comment about 'we have been given a contract by USAF to take ET home' this in part is in the main 'sentences' but it is also said to have been in the last slide at the end of the talk. could these have been mixed together? Would mentioning ET in an earlier piece work against the impact the last slide was supposed to have? I guess the discussion grinds to a halt without seeing/hearing the exact words used, context may also help quite a bit
Comment icon #825 Posted by quillius on 14 May, 2014, 9:04
according to the quote (from your link to the book) he says we have the 'the tech to take ET home' then he says 'we have to devise new propulsion tech' ....I dont see this as contradictory, but again I would say the actual words would be important and sadly we do not have this at the moment
Comment icon #826 Posted by seeder on 14 May, 2014, 9:14
There was the movie, ET. In that movie, ET was stuck here...and needed to get home right? So perhaps it was just a humorous reference to the movie idea, now taken out of context
Comment icon #827 Posted by quillius on 14 May, 2014, 9:19
quite possibly...in fact I may even lean that way myself. I was highlighting that the ET part was on the last slide-for impact. However if the otehr quote is correct, then he mentions ET in that so my argument is wouldnt that reduce the impact of the last slide? if so the chances are the earlier sentence in its entirety may not be as quoted and may be more of a combination of things he said during speech.
Comment icon #828 Posted by bee on 14 May, 2014, 14:57
underlined......genius idea S2F...I shall organise a séance forthwith..... .
Comment icon #829 Posted by psyche101 on 15 May, 2014, 1:09
I am unsure how we can have the tech, but need to build it, are you hinting at reverse engineering or something? If that was the case, how can one put a time frame on reverse engineering an unknown technology? The book seems to have the quote fairly well transcribed, what do you feel might be re-organised in his quotes? And to what extent? I would run with the movie as the ET reference too. I hadn't realised at first how late in life he made that comment, which was indeed well after the movie was made, he also made it a mere two years before he passed on. That is a trend I am gin... [More]

UFOs over Japan