Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Indian man is addicted to eating bricks

Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2014 | Comment icon 41 comments

Hunagundi is unable to live without indulging in his peculiar habit. Image Credit: YouTube / Barcroft TV
Pakkirappa Hunagundi suffers from a rare condition that sees him crave bricks, gravel and mud.
Known as Pica, the unusual ailment sees the sufferer crave inedible substances or objects with no nutritional value in place of conventional food.

"I only like mud and bricks, nothing else," says Hunagundi who has lived on the peculiar diet for most of his life. "I will eat it because it is my habit. I need it every day. I can't stop."

The 30-year-old eats an average of one brick a day and several kilograms of mud and gravel. His friends and family have attempted to get him to stop but he is either unable or unwilling to do so.

"Even if you give me fried chicken, I want mud at any cost," he says.

Source: Metro | Comments (41)

Tags: Pica, Bricks

Comment icon #32 Posted by sam_comm on 13 April, 2014, 15:53
His teeth will not last him long.. And it must hard at times for the bowels..
Comment icon #33 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 13 April, 2014, 16:04
he should make a video diary to claim he is a full-time brick eater
Comment icon #34 Posted by Harry_Dresden on 13 April, 2014, 21:15
...at the very least why doesn't he pound the brink into a sandy consistency and make a curry outta it...
Comment icon #35 Posted by Ryu on 13 April, 2014, 21:37
Can only imagine the amount of lead, mercury and other toxic metals he ingests that are often present in clay and stuff. Also ones health tend to deteriorate pretty quick as the body cannot get the nutrients it needs.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Celticfan34 on 14 April, 2014, 12:55
He's done it for almost 20 years believe video said since he was 12 so his teeth and health lasted this long many have died younger lol not eating bricks, mud dirt
Comment icon #37 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:35
These are not just any bricks... but...the richest, choicest, mmmmm... M&S bricks Yes I will admit to this behaviour, as a child in school I would eat my pencils, there was a brand, red with black stripes and black enamelled type of domed end, and damn I loved those. Not the lead bit of course,. just the wood, seemed to taste 'medicated' and I would have bits of red paint from the pencils stuck to my teeth! My mum soon got letters asking me to bring my own pencils, Plus those pregnant women who eat clay too Clay Eating Among Pregnant Women One of the most common human populations to engage... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:47
Plus, just down the road in Pakistan they are eating corpses http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265141
Comment icon #39 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 17 April, 2014, 12:20
I am surprised he has any teeth left.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Ryu on 17 April, 2014, 13:13
I am surprised he has any teeth left. I am surprised his parents allowed him to continue with this insanity. They probably thought it was "cute".
Comment icon #41 Posted by cenobite on 28 April, 2014, 17:26
gives new meaning to the phrase '****ting bricks'

Mystery surrounds Europe radiation spike
2-21-2017
An unexplained spike in radiation was picked up across a number of European countries last month.
Elusive tree boa rediscovered after 64 years
2-21-2017
One of the world's rarest snakes has been sighted again for the first time in more than six decades.
NASA to reveal 'major exoplanet discovery'
2-21-2017
The space agency is due to announce its latest findings at a press conference on Wednesday morning.
'Tully monster' mystery continues to endure
2-20-2017
A peculiar prehistoric discovery has left scientists scratching their heads for more than five decades.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Water on the Moon
Posted 2-21-2017 | 2 comments
For a long time scientists thought the Moon was bone dry, but as it turns out - it isn't.

'Spider Boy' contortionist
Posted 2-20-2017 | 2 comments
Teenager Mohammed Alsheikh performed 38 full body spins while maintaining a chest stand.

Slow motion football explosion
Posted 2-19-2017 | 0 comments
What happens when you over-inflate a football ? The Slo Mo Guys investigate.

Long-term space travel and isolation
Posted 2-18-2017 | 1 comment
Not everyone is cut out for the isolation of traveling long distances through space.

Humphead parrotfish
Posted 2-17-2017 | 1 comment
These bizarre-looking 1.5-meter-long fish can use their teeth to turn coral in to a fine sand.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.