Saturday, February 13, 2016   |   4,723 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Indian man is addicted to eating bricks

Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2014 | Comment icon 41 comments

Hunagundi is unable to live without indulging in his peculiar habit. Image Credit: YouTube / Barcroft TV
Pakkirappa Hunagundi suffers from a rare condition that sees him crave bricks, gravel and mud.
Known as Pica, the unusual ailment sees the sufferer crave inedible substances or objects with no nutritional value in place of conventional food.

"I only like mud and bricks, nothing else," says Hunagundi who has lived on the peculiar diet for most of his life. "I will eat it because it is my habit. I need it every day. I can't stop."

The 30-year-old eats an average of one brick a day and several kilograms of mud and gravel. His friends and family have attempted to get him to stop but he is either unable or unwilling to do so.

"Even if you give me fried chicken, I want mud at any cost," he says.

Source: Metro | Comments (41)

Tags: Pica, Bricks

Comment icon #32 Posted by sam_comm on 13 April, 2014, 15:53
His teeth will not last him long.. And it must hard at times for the bowels..
Comment icon #33 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 13 April, 2014, 16:04
he should make a video diary to claim he is a full-time brick eater
Comment icon #34 Posted by Harry_Dresden on 13 April, 2014, 21:15
...at the very least why doesn't he pound the brink into a sandy consistency and make a curry outta it...
Comment icon #35 Posted by Ryu on 13 April, 2014, 21:37
Can only imagine the amount of lead, mercury and other toxic metals he ingests that are often present in clay and stuff. Also ones health tend to deteriorate pretty quick as the body cannot get the nutrients it needs.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Celticfan34 on 14 April, 2014, 12:55
He's done it for almost 20 years believe video said since he was 12 so his teeth and health lasted this long many have died younger lol not eating bricks, mud dirt
Comment icon #37 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:35
These are not just any bricks... but...the richest, choicest, mmmmm... M&S bricks Yes I will admit to this behaviour, as a child in school I would eat my pencils, there was a brand, red with black stripes and black enamelled type of domed end, and damn I loved those. Not the lead bit of course,. just the wood, seemed to taste 'medicated' and I would have bits of red paint from the pencils stuck to my teeth! My mum soon got letters asking me to bring my own pencils, Plus those pregnant women who eat clay too Clay Eating Among Pregnant Women One of the most common human po... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:47
Plus, just down the road in Pakistan they are eating corpses http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265141
Comment icon #39 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 17 April, 2014, 12:20
I am surprised he has any teeth left.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Ryu on 17 April, 2014, 13:13
I am surprised his parents allowed him to continue with this insanity. They probably thought it was "cute".
Comment icon #41 Posted by cenobite on 28 April, 2014, 17:26
gives new meaning to the phrase '****ting bricks'

Users online:
5,589,161
255,282
128,351
4,723

DARPA reveals autonomous submarine hunter
2-13-2016
The new vessel, which does not require a human crew, is designed to scour the ocean for enemy submarines.
Wasps fly backwards to help them get home
2-12-2016
Sand wasps have been observed flying in reverse to help them create a map of their surroundings.
'Village of the damned' to be lost to the sea
2-12-2016
The picturesque coastal village of Fairbourne in Wales is to be swallowed up by rising sea levels.
Prehistoric 'butterfly' fossils discovered
2-12-2016
A type of insect that looked very much like a modern butterfly was common during the Jurassic period.
Debunking superstition
Posted 2-13-2016 | 0 comments
Derren Brown meets one of the most superstitious women alive and attempts to change her luck.

Zero-gravity cats
Posted 2-12-2016 | 0 comments
Scientists once conducted an experiment in which cats were observed in zero-gravity.

Concrete vs spaghetti
Posted 2-11-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the properties which make concrete such an effective building material.

World's longest selfie stick
Posted 2-10-2016 | 0 comments
Ben Stiller broke the world record at the Zoolander 2 premiere with a 8.56-meter selfie stick.

Lucky escape from a crocodile
Posted 2-9-2016 | 1 comment
What do you do when you come face to face with a crocodile while underwater ?

A haunting in Cardiff

Haunted farmhouse
9-28-2015 | Cuaque, Ecuador

UFO sighting over Japan
8-13-2015 | Japan

Twin UFOs on patrol
8-6-2015 | England

Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio