Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Indian man is addicted to eating bricks

Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2014 | Comment icon 41 comments

Hunagundi is unable to live without indulging in his peculiar habit. Image Credit: YouTube / Barcroft TV
Pakkirappa Hunagundi suffers from a rare condition that sees him crave bricks, gravel and mud.
Known as Pica, the unusual ailment sees the sufferer crave inedible substances or objects with no nutritional value in place of conventional food.

"I only like mud and bricks, nothing else," says Hunagundi who has lived on the peculiar diet for most of his life. "I will eat it because it is my habit. I need it every day. I can't stop."

The 30-year-old eats an average of one brick a day and several kilograms of mud and gravel. His friends and family have attempted to get him to stop but he is either unable or unwilling to do so.

"Even if you give me fried chicken, I want mud at any cost," he says.

Source: Metro | Comments (41)

Tags: Pica, Bricks

Comment icon #32 Posted by sam_comm on 13 April, 2014, 15:53
His teeth will not last him long.. And it must hard at times for the bowels..
Comment icon #33 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 13 April, 2014, 16:04
he should make a video diary to claim he is a full-time brick eater
Comment icon #34 Posted by Harry_Dresden on 13 April, 2014, 21:15
...at the very least why doesn't he pound the brink into a sandy consistency and make a curry outta it...
Comment icon #35 Posted by Ryu on 13 April, 2014, 21:37
Can only imagine the amount of lead, mercury and other toxic metals he ingests that are often present in clay and stuff. Also ones health tend to deteriorate pretty quick as the body cannot get the nutrients it needs.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Celticfan34 on 14 April, 2014, 12:55
He's done it for almost 20 years believe video said since he was 12 so his teeth and health lasted this long many have died younger lol not eating bricks, mud dirt
Comment icon #37 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:35
These are not just any bricks... but...the richest, choicest, mmmmm... M&S bricks Yes I will admit to this behaviour, as a child in school I would eat my pencils, there was a brand, red with black stripes and black enamelled type of domed end, and damn I loved those. Not the lead bit of course,. just the wood, seemed to taste 'medicated' and I would have bits of red paint from the pencils stuck to my teeth! My mum soon got letters asking me to bring my own pencils, Plus those pregnant women who eat clay too Clay Eating Among Pregnant Women One of the most common human populations to engage... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by seeder on 15 April, 2014, 10:47
Plus, just down the road in Pakistan they are eating corpses http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265141
Comment icon #39 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 17 April, 2014, 12:20
I am surprised he has any teeth left.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Ryu on 17 April, 2014, 13:13
I am surprised he has any teeth left. I am surprised his parents allowed him to continue with this insanity. They probably thought it was "cute".
Comment icon #41 Posted by cenobite on 28 April, 2014, 17:26
gives new meaning to the phrase '****ting bricks'

New video reveals Huygens' harrowing descent
1-17-2017
NASA has released a new video recreating the Huygens probe's historic touchdown on Saturn's moon Titan.
French Polynesia signs 'floating city' deal
1-17-2017
The world's first ever floating city could soon begin construction off the French Polynesian coast.
Giant alligator goes for a stroll in Florida
1-17-2017
A huge alligator was filmed by tourists at the Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida this week.
'Creature' photographed in garden at night
1-16-2017
A Reddit user has uploaded an image of what appears to be a strange figure running through a garden.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Can anger be good for you ?
Posted 1-17-2017 | 1 comment
A new study has suggested that (some) anger can be beneficial to your health.

Marshmallows in a vacuum
Posted 1-16-2017 | 2 comments
What happens to a pile of marshmallows when all the air is removed ?

Fighting fire with fire
Posted 1-15-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage learns whether it is possible to use fire (or the sound of fire) to put out fire.

Washing machine throwing
Posted 1-14-2017 | 8 comments
Two strongmen battle it out to see who can throw a washing machine the furthest.

The amazing natural world
Posted 1-13-2017 | 0 comments
A series of quality clips from some of the BBC's most successful wildlife programmes.

Phantom vehicle
1-6-2017 | Ramer, United States

True ghost stories
1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.

A 15-year-old predicted my future!
12-21-2016 | Katherine, Australia

The haunted pond
12-21-2016 | Essex, Ontario, Canada

The haunted hospital
12-28-2016 | New Plymouth, New Zealand

Loud crash in the night
12-17-2016 | Pennsylvania

Mysterious woman in a blue dress
12-17-2016 | Northern Ireland