Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Fed up single woman decides to marry herself

Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2017 | Comment icon 29 comments

What do you do when you can't find a man ? You marry yourself... Image Credit: sxc.hu
Singleton Lynne Gollogly made the decision following years of failed attempts to find 'Mr Right'.
The 39-year-old, who is from Rotherham, South Yorkshire, says that she got the idea of marrying herself after watching the classic US sitcom Friends.

She claims that she no longer has any interest in searching for someone else and has decided to go ahead with an elaborate wedding ceremony in which she will be the star attraction.

"It's always something I've wanted to do, and because 'Mr. Right' hasn't turned up yet - I'm just going to go ahead and get married without him," she said.

"I've had a lot of potentials in the past, but I'm not just going to settle for anyone just so I fit into today's society."

Her unusual wedding will feature everything a regular wedding does apart from a groom and a formal ceremony given that it is not currently possible to legally marry oneself.

She is even planning on a 'Honeymoon' that will see her going solo on a trip to Rome.

"I've been single for a while now and have no interest in being in a relationship," she said. "I did get engaged once, when I was younger, but it was silly and nothing came of it."

"I think with these things I'd never say never - but I'm not going to hang around for much longer."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (29)

Tags: Marriage

Comment icon #20 Posted by rashore on 20 February, 2017, 18:00
So a gal that is so fed up with the hunt for a man for a relationship she isn't interested in having and so throws herself a wedding theme bday party for her big four-oh and take a Roman vacation.. I suppose. Some folks buy a sports car or date someone half their age, this gal had herself a party.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Hawkin on 20 February, 2017, 19:12
Speaking of strange marriages, Here's another one. https://youtu.be/JAQUTy2YCeY
Comment icon #22 Posted by paperdyer on 20 February, 2017, 19:45
Would be legal if she had a split personality? Then she would be marrying a different person. Worked for Harvey Dent for 75 years, though he still loved his wife from his good half. Maybe that's why his bad side tried to kill her. Jealousy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by xYlvax on 20 February, 2017, 20:27
She just wanted the attention. Nothing worse than one of those
Comment icon #24 Posted by Wreck7 on 21 February, 2017, 0:09
I Googled Ms.Gollogly.I'm afraid she had no other choice.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Likely Guy on 21 February, 2017, 3:46
I hope that she has a fine time in Rome and lives happily ever after.
Comment icon #26 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 21 February, 2017, 4:10
i have no problem with this it was also a good episode of 30 rock.
Comment icon #27 Posted by acute on 21 February, 2017, 16:31
I am uncomfortable with making this kind of commitment to myself. I have decided to keep my relationship as Friend With Benefits.
Comment icon #28 Posted by spartan max2 on 21 February, 2017, 17:14
Me and myself are just in the "talking" phase haha
Comment icon #29 Posted by Scrunchkruckets on 21 February, 2017, 21:43
she will have to go to a sperm bank if she wanted kids

Orbiting supermassive black holes discovered
6-28-2017
For the first time ever, scientists have observed two supermassive black holes orbiting one another.
British nanny changes name to Mary Poppins
6-28-2017
Mary Poppins fan Emma Davenport was so fond of the character that she decided to actually become her.
'Willy Wonka' elevator has become a reality
6-28-2017
German company ThyssenKrupp has developed an elevator that can go horizontally as well as vertically.
NASA denies alien life announcement claim
6-27-2017
NASA has played down the suggestion that it is on the verge of announcing the discovery of alien life.
20 years of Mars exploration
Posted 6-28-2017 | 1 comment
A look back at NASA's robotic exploration of the Red Planet over the last two decades.

Can you remember this ?
Posted 6-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the surprisingly common psychological phenomenon of false memories.

Spider shoots 25-meter web
Posted 6-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Darwin's Bark Spider is a real-life spiderwoman with a gigantic river-spanning web.

Longest marble run
Posted 6-25-2017 | 2 comments
This record-breaking marble run in Elgg, Switzerland stretched 1,918.12 meters through the town.

Predicting disasters
Posted 6-24-2017 | 0 comments
Richard A. Clarke talks about the ways in which catastrophes can be predicted in advance.

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.