Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Fed up single woman decides to marry herself

Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2017 | Comment icon 29 comments

What do you do when you can't find a man ? You marry yourself... Image Credit: sxc.hu
Singleton Lynne Gollogly made the decision following years of failed attempts to find 'Mr Right'.
The 39-year-old, who is from Rotherham, South Yorkshire, says that she got the idea of marrying herself after watching the classic US sitcom Friends.

She claims that she no longer has any interest in searching for someone else and has decided to go ahead with an elaborate wedding ceremony in which she will be the star attraction.

"It's always something I've wanted to do, and because 'Mr. Right' hasn't turned up yet - I'm just going to go ahead and get married without him," she said.

"I've had a lot of potentials in the past, but I'm not just going to settle for anyone just so I fit into today's society."

Her unusual wedding will feature everything a regular wedding does apart from a groom and a formal ceremony given that it is not currently possible to legally marry oneself.

She is even planning on a 'Honeymoon' that will see her going solo on a trip to Rome.

"I've been single for a while now and have no interest in being in a relationship," she said. "I did get engaged once, when I was younger, but it was silly and nothing came of it."

"I think with these things I'd never say never - but I'm not going to hang around for much longer."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (29)

Tags: Marriage

Comment icon #20 Posted by rashore on 20 February, 2017, 18:00
So a gal that is so fed up with the hunt for a man for a relationship she isn't interested in having and so throws herself a wedding theme bday party for her big four-oh and take a Roman vacation..  I suppose. Some folks buy a sports car or date someone half their age, this gal had herself a party.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Hawkin on 20 February, 2017, 19:12
Speaking of strange marriages, Here's another one. https://youtu.be/JAQUTy2YCeY
Comment icon #22 Posted by paperdyer on 20 February, 2017, 19:45
Would be legal if she had a split personality?  Then she would be marrying a different person.  Worked for Harvey Dent for 75 years, though he still loved his wife from his good half.  Maybe that's why his bad side tried to kill her.  Jealousy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by xYlvax on 20 February, 2017, 20:27
She just wanted the attention. Nothing worse than one of those
Comment icon #24 Posted by Wreck7 on 21 February, 2017, 0:09
I Googled Ms. Gollogly.  I'm afraid she had no other choice.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Likely Guy on 21 February, 2017, 3:46
I hope that she has a fine time in Rome and lives happily ever after.
Comment icon #26 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 21 February, 2017, 4:10
i have no problem with this it was also a good episode of 30 rock.
Comment icon #27 Posted by acute on 21 February, 2017, 16:31
I am uncomfortable with making this kind of commitment to myself. I have decided to keep my relationship as Friend With Benefits.
Comment icon #28 Posted by spartan max2 on 21 February, 2017, 17:14
Me and myself are just in the "talking" phase haha
Comment icon #29 Posted by Scrunchkruckets on 21 February, 2017, 21:43
she will have to go to a sperm bank if she wanted kids

Mystery object to be checked for ET signals
12-12-2017
An asteroid thought to have come from another solar system is to be checked for signs of alien technology.
Diver narrowly avoids huge great white shark
12-11-2017
New footage has emerged of a diver's extremely close encounter with the jaws of a monster shark.
Haunted orphanage knocked down in Canada
12-11-2017
The destruction of the centuries-old building has left questions concerning the fate of its ghostly inhabitants.
NASA teases new extrasolar planet discovery
12-11-2017
The space agency will be making an announcement on Thursday about its latest groundbreaking discovery.
Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 0 comments
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Pelican invasion
Posted 12-7-2017 | 0 comments
This curious pelican decided to invade the director's tent during a BBC film shoot.

113 pancakes in 8 minutes
Posted 12-5-2017 | 0 comments
Record-breaking speed-eater Matt Stonie scoffs an incredible 113 silver dollar pancakes.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom