Sunday, August 20, 2017

Kurt Russell was mystery Phoenix Lights pilot

Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2017 | Comment icon 15 comments

Russell witnessed the phenomenon first-hand. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
The pilot who famously reported witnessing the 1997 Phoenix Lights was actually actor Kurt Russell.
One of the best known UFO cases in the history of the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona 20 years ago.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

One particularly notable sighting was that of a pilot and his son who had been approaching the city in a private plane at the time.

Now in a bizarre twist, it has been revealed that this pilot had actually been Kurt Russell - the actor famous for his role in the movie Stargate and more recently, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

"I was the pilot," he said during a recent BBC interview. "[We] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape. I was just looking at them and I was coming in."

"I said 'I'm gonna call,' and I reported it. They said...'We don't show anything.'"

A clip from the interview, which was featured on 'The One Show', can be viewed below.

Source: Maxim.com | Comments (15)

Tags: Phoenix Lights, UFO

Comment icon #6 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:48
there was a thread on this subject, I am sure if you search for Psyche or I and Walt Disney you should find it.... Mobley-CIA was also an interesting name .... sadly I couldn' t make any link, but interesting non-the-less
Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 15:51
If you looked into it , did you research Mobley's father? I love the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy and could see that extending beyond music. (theoretically anyways I wont say I buy it necessarily)
Comment icon #8 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:54
If I can be honest, my memory is deteriorating quite a bit..... I cant remember, I just remembered Kurt being on this list.... Let me find the thread and see if we touched upon Mobley's father, although I do not think we did....will post link here for you
Comment icon #9 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:57
Comment icon #10 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 16:18
Thanks @quillius!
Comment icon #11 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 16:35
my pleasure
Comment icon #12 Posted by CeresExpo2000 on 21 June, 2017, 16:58
Oh yeah, Kurt is a real pilot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 21 June, 2017, 22:31
Nah, no one crashed.
Comment icon #14 Posted by BeastieRunner on 21 June, 2017, 22:57
Haha! Oh man ...
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 25 June, 2017, 19:21
Kurt shots from the hip, he has no reason to make this up. I think that there are things in the sky we can`t explain. I have seen one that I don`t know what it was. I don`t talk it about.

Man has a live gecko removed from his ear
8-20-2017
A man in China got the surprise of his life after visiting the doctor with severe pain in his ear.
Three-mile-wide asteroid to pass by the Earth
8-20-2017
The huge space rock is due to pass within a safe distance of our planet at the beginning of September.
USS Indianapolis wreck found 70 years on
8-20-2017
The wreckage of a cruiser sank by a Japanese submarine 70 years ago has finally been discovered.
'Apocalyptic' cloud hangs over town in Brazil
8-19-2017
Residents of Teixeira de Freitas were treated to a rather unusual and unnerving spectacle this week.
The napkin ring problem
Posted 8-20-2017 | 0 comments
Why is it that any two 'napkin rings' cut from any sizes of spherical object will have equal volume ?

Why don't we use our parent's names?
Posted 8-19-2017 | 2 comments
Why do we call our parents mom and dad instead of using their actual names ?

Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 2 comments
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia