Thursday, July 27, 2017

Kurt Russell was mystery Phoenix Lights pilot

Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2017 | Comment icon 15 comments

Russell witnessed the phenomenon first-hand. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
The pilot who famously reported witnessing the 1997 Phoenix Lights was actually actor Kurt Russell.
One of the best known UFO cases in the history of the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona 20 years ago.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

One particularly notable sighting was that of a pilot and his son who had been approaching the city in a private plane at the time.

Now in a bizarre twist, it has been revealed that this pilot had actually been Kurt Russell - the actor famous for his role in the movie Stargate and more recently, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

"I was the pilot," he said during a recent BBC interview. "[We] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape. I was just looking at them and I was coming in."

"I said 'I'm gonna call,' and I reported it. They said...'We don't show anything.'"

A clip from the interview, which was featured on 'The One Show', can be viewed below.

Source: Maxim.com | Comments (15)

Tags: Phoenix Lights, UFO

Comment icon #6 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:48
there was a thread on this subject, I am sure if you search for Psyche or I and Walt Disney you should find it.... Mobley-CIA was also an interesting name .... sadly I couldn' t make any link, but interesting non-the-less
Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 15:51
If you looked into it , did you research Mobley's father? I love the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy and could see that extending beyond music. (theoretically anyways I wont say I buy it necessarily)
Comment icon #8 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:54
If I can be honest, my memory is deteriorating quite a bit..... I cant remember, I just remembered Kurt being on this list.... Let me find the thread and see if we touched upon Mobley's father, although I do not think we did....will post link here for you
Comment icon #9 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:57
Comment icon #10 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 16:18
Thanks @quillius!
Comment icon #11 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 16:35
my pleasure
Comment icon #12 Posted by CeresExpo2000 on 21 June, 2017, 16:58
Oh yeah, Kurt is a real pilot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 21 June, 2017, 22:31
Nah, no one crashed.
Comment icon #14 Posted by BeastieRunner on 21 June, 2017, 22:57
Haha! Oh man ...
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 25 June, 2017, 19:21
Kurt shots from the hip, he has no reason to make this up. I think that there are things in the sky we can`t explain. I have seen one that I don`t know what it was. I don`t talk it about.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI