Monday, October 23, 2017

Kurt Russell was mystery Phoenix Lights pilot

Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2017 | Comment icon 16 comments

Russell witnessed the phenomenon first-hand. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
The pilot who famously reported witnessing the 1997 Phoenix Lights was actually actor Kurt Russell.
One of the best known UFO cases in the history of the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona 20 years ago.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

One particularly notable sighting was that of a pilot and his son who had been approaching the city in a private plane at the time.

Now in a bizarre twist, it has been revealed that this pilot had actually been Kurt Russell - the actor famous for his role in the movie Stargate and more recently, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

"I was the pilot," he said during a recent BBC interview. "[We] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape. I was just looking at them and I was coming in."

"I said 'I'm gonna call,' and I reported it. They said...'We don't show anything.'"

A clip from the interview, which was featured on 'The One Show', can be viewed below.

Source: Maxim.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Phoenix Lights, UFO

Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 15:51
If you looked into it , did you research Mobley's father? I love the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy and could see that extending beyond music. (theoretically anyways I wont say I buy it necessarily)
Comment icon #8 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:54
If I can be honest, my memory is deteriorating quite a bit.....  I cant remember, I just remembered Kurt being on this list.... Let me find the thread and see if we touched upon Mobley's father, although I do not think we did....will post link here for you
Comment icon #9 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:57

Comment icon #10 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 16:18
Thanks @quillius!
Comment icon #11 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 16:35
my pleasure
Comment icon #12 Posted by CeresExpo2000 on 21 June, 2017, 16:58
Oh yeah, Kurt is a real pilot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 21 June, 2017, 22:31
Nah, no one crashed.
Comment icon #14 Posted by BeastieRunner on 21 June, 2017, 22:57
Haha! Oh man ...
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 25 June, 2017, 19:21
Kurt shots from the hip, he has no reason to make this up. I think that there are things in the sky we can`t explain. I have seen one that I don`t know what it was. I don`t talk it about.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Prif_the_Pirate on 14 September, 2017, 1:30
Kurt Russell- Alien, Alien Hunter, Intergalactic traveler, Fearsome US Marshal, Brainwashed supersoldier, International one eyed criminal, paranormal truck driver, Libertarian Hero, pilot, and now UFO witness!   There's a reason why I love him!

Man swims 4.5 miles to escape deadly shark
10-23-2017
Diver John Craig had been spear fishing off the coast of Western Australia when the incident occurred.
Moon photobombs the Sun on NASA images
10-22-2017
Solar observations made by a satellite were interrupted this week when the Moon made a sneaky appearance.
Near-complete tyrannosaur fossil found in Utah
10-22-2017
Palaeontologists have unearthed the skeleton of a meat-eating dinosaur dating back over 76 million years.
Huge magnetic tail discovered behind Mars
10-22-2017
NASA scientists have revealed the existence of an invisible magnetic tail trailing behind the Red Planet.
One hundred million crabs
Posted 10-21-2017 | 2 comments
Christmas Island red crabs migrate in extreme numbers in this vintage BBC clip.

Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland