Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Rare 'panda cow' born in Colorado

January 3, 2011 | Comment icon 13 comments

Image Credit: CC 2.0 Justin Baeder
An extremely rare 'panda cow' born in Larimer County is believed to be one of only 24 in the world.
The calf is the product of genetic manipulation and was bred as a pet, with a white belt around its middle and black circles around its eyes while for all intents and purposes it is a cow its markings mean that it also visibly resembles a panda.
The so-called "panda cow" born in Larimer County is thought to be one of only about 24 in the world. The male calf named Ben was born Friday morning, according to The (Loveland) Reporter-Heralrd. His mother is a Lowline Angus cow while his father, Donovan, is a panda bull on the farm.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (13)

Comment icon #4 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: 12 years ago
I bet their next challenge is to create a cow that looks like a zebra.
Comment icon #5 Posted by JGirl 12 years ago
this so called 'rare' panda cow is a result of intentional genetic mutation to achieve a desired appearance to market as a pet. hmm...
Comment icon #6 Posted by electro13 12 years ago
Yea. Next thing you know, we'll be eating them.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Archer1945 12 years ago
Comment icon #8 Posted by Mistydawn 12 years ago
Comment icon #9 Posted by Farmerboy 12 years ago
I sort of wonder about the authenticity of this story. Looks like nothing more than a miniature holstein to me. That looks nothing like a Holstein. Its probably bred down from dexters for the size, Belted Galloways for the white ring on the belly and maybe some Heriford for the white face. It's very cute, but I can't say I've ever heard of anyone having a cow for a pet. Do they make good pets? I know pigs are intelligent and can be trained, but can cows?? If you hand feed them from birth, they are like big puppies although toilet training might be the problem I've got 3 out of my herd which ar... [More]
Comment icon #10 Posted by Mistydawn 12 years ago
That looks nothing like a Holstein. Its probably bred down from dexters for the size, Belted Galloways for the white ring on the belly and maybe some Heriford for the white face. If you hand feed them from birth, they are like big puppies although toilet training might be the problem I've got 3 out of my herd which are fully tame, theyd give you a big lick but their tounges are so rough I really don't know why.... but I always imagined a cows tounge licking you would feel like a big wet velvety slurp....
Comment icon #11 Posted by electro13 12 years ago
I prefer just to look at them. I mean they just like to stand there and that's ok. Like a big giant chilled out dog. Moooooo! Lol
Comment icon #12 Posted by Robert1 12 years ago
Why would anyone want a cow for a pet? I think they should be bred for petting zoos or something like that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by DigitalDreamer 12 years ago
LOL i know a dude DJ panda hes gunna love this

Total Posts: 7,310,713    Topics: 300,763    Members: 197,966