Sunday, May 22, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Woman who eats cushions features on show

January 23, 2011 | Comment icon 21 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Featured on 'My Strange Addiction' the 30-year-old has a peculiar taste for foam materials
It still isn't clear what compels people like Adele to consume nonfood substances, a condition known as pica. "There are cases of pica where people eat metal, dirt, feces, chalk, writing utensils and sap," says psychologist Jason Mihalko.
Compulsions drive people to do very strange and unusual things. But eating couch cushions? That may very well be the strangest yet. Adele, a 30-year-old woman from Bradenton, Fla. , recently came forward on a TV show about her bizarre taste for foam materials.

Source: AOL News | Comments (21)

Comment icon #12 Posted by mattryan209 11 years ago
Wow thats strange.Almost as bad as eating metal,yuck.I would think eating the foam would be extremely unhealthy.She'll probably end up with cancer if she doesn't stop that disgusting habit.I have a nasty habit of chewing on pen caps a lot especially when I am stressed,but I would never think about swallowing them or making them into a meal-Yuck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Odin11 11 years ago
Some of the people on this show are only eating wierd things so they can be on tv. They think that as long as they're on tv it's cool, no matter what it is they are doing.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Enid Nimue 11 years ago
Wow, and I thought that chick I used to know that ate all purpose flour from the bag was weird. BTW, the article mentions Pica. Weird stuff. I do a lot of strange things... but I eat food.
Comment icon #15 Posted by -Cult of the wolves- 11 years ago
Sounds like a cry for attention, and these days all it takes is some self harm, idiotcy, and perhaps disfigurement for good messure.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Enid Nimue 11 years ago
Comment icon #17 Posted by 27vet 11 years ago
Once I ate sand when I was a kid.
Comment icon #18 Posted by AdorablyDead 11 years ago
But that's so stupid. That's like bragging that you were on an episode of Cops. I just don't get some people, lol. To some people even bad attention is good attention because it's still attention.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Sirking 11 years ago
Sounds very much like pica. And I find it hilarious how naturally she talks about it too. "Yeah, I love eating couch cushions"
Comment icon #20 Posted by Enigma wrapped in a puzzle 11 years ago
I am sure she likes the taste and has nothing to do with being an attention whore.
Comment icon #21 Posted by emosonic 11 years ago
I can understand the woman who eats soap...........but cushions?

Total Posts: 7,266,080    Topics: 298,866    Members: 196,983