Sunday, January 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Man shoots 3 inch nail in to his head

March 24, 2012 | Comment icon 7 comments

Image Credit: US Navy
A construction worker defied the odds by surviving a particularly nasty nail gun accident.
Jeff Luptak stunned doctors by being more concerned about saving his hat then the 3 inch nail protruding from his skull. "When I reached up to get [the nail gun] I pulled it down and I heard it go off," he said. "I immediately felt this pressure in my skull so I knew I'd just got shot in the head." After being flown 500 miles to St. Paul's hospital in Minnesota brain surgeons were able to successfully remove the nail from his skull.
Shooting a three inch nail into your skull, sounds like a painful experience, but when construction worker Jeff Luptak accidentally did exactly this, he surprisingly reported that he 'didn't feel any pain. '

Source: Daily Mail | Comments (7)

Comment icon #1 Posted by keninsc 10 years ago
Nailed it, huh? New way to hold that thought? Toupee won't come off in the wind again, by God!
Comment icon #2 Posted by bouncer 10 years ago
Him and the guy who nailed his hand to the floor ought to be friends! Be better viewing than jack ass!!
Comment icon #3 Posted by and then 10 years ago
It was almost eactly midline. How in hell did he manage that? AMAZING
Comment icon #4 Posted by aban12345 10 years ago
i ran into a nail on a construction site and the nail went deep into my skull on the upper right side of my head when i was around 10 years old( I was chasing a friend, he managed to dodge the nail, it was too late for me to see). I remember very well that i didnt feel it when it happened, i was bleeding heavily and i had to be rushed to the hospital. It was a very weird experience because i didnt feel it and this was my skull! Same thing happened to him!
Comment icon #5 Posted by jbondo 10 years ago
Yea, the brain doesn't feel pain....Which is a good thing I guess. What's with all these people shooting nails into their brains? This seems to be happening one or twice every year now. Even more startling is I can't remember any of them being killed by it. Note to self: If chased by a monster, do not shoot in head with nail gun. Monster will keep coming.
Comment icon #6 Posted by jbefumo 10 years ago
Man is obviously a Republican - so his hat is undoubtedly worth more than his head -- probably more reasonable, as well.
Comment icon #7 Posted by dharma warrior 10 years ago
One morning in Africa I shot a wilderbeast in my pajamas. What he was doing in my pajamas I'll never know.

Total Posts: 7,210,772    Topics: 295,724    Members: 195,193