Thursday, October 29, 2020

Creepy clown terrifies Staten Island

Posted on Wednesday, 26 March, 2014 | Comment icon 43 comments

Who is the mystery clown ? Image Credit: YouTube / Creepythings / Vic Dibitetto
A mysterious man dressed as a clown has been appearing on streets all over the New York borough.
In a strange echo of the creepy clown phenomenon that freaked out Northampton in the UK last September, people have been taking to social media sites to post photographs and sightings of another creepy clown figure that has been popping up all over New York's Staten Island.
With a devilish grin and a handful of balloons, the peculiar clown has been sighted standing on street corners and at the side of roads waving and staring at passers-by. It isn't clear whether the person in the costume is a copycat of the Northampton clown or if there's something else going on.

One popular theory at the moment is that the reports are a publicity stunt for Staten Island based film company "Fuzz on the Lens Productions" after several people associated with the firm posted an image of the clown on their social networking pages.

Source: New York Daily News | Comments (43)

Tags: Clown, Staten Island, New York

Comment icon #34 Posted by FizzPuff on 30 March, 2014, 21:19
They all float down here Jimmy...they all float! *sees Tim Curry in a clown costume and is now less scary*
Comment icon #35 Posted by Chaldera on 31 March, 2014, 13:27
First thing I thought of too. Considering what Gacey did, it is honestly amazing this guy has not been lynched as a precaution. To be frank, it seems a downright stupid thing to do. The pic looks creepy to me. I prefer Harlequins. Looking at that picture, there are days I wish I was Mr. J...
Comment icon #36 Posted by scowl on 31 March, 2014, 16:43
Something like this?? Nothing that looks that professional.
Comment icon #37 Posted by EllJay on 31 March, 2014, 17:41
Nothing that looks that professional. I would have a heart attack if I met this guy in an alley some dark night. He might be very nice and all, but he looks like a effin demon.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Rafterman on 1 April, 2014, 10:51
Movie company publicity stunt. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/28/horror-movie-studio-staten-island-clown-was-just-a-joke/ Or maybe that's just what THEY want you to think?
Comment icon #39 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 22:32
If I ever got to know one of those people, I would entertain myself by flipping magnets at them while they weren't looking.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Sena on 5 April, 2014, 10:33
Don't people have better things to do than dressing up as a clown and scaring people
Comment icon #41 Posted by Lilly on 5 April, 2014, 11:42
I'm surprized the cops didn't pick up this guy for loitering and question him?
Comment icon #42 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 18 April, 2014, 0:17
Of course it's a stunt. Although clowns to creep me out.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Midyin on 22 April, 2014, 22:50
Clowns never terrified me as a kid. Quite the opposite, actually. And this guy looks like a regular, streotypical, boring clown - nothing creepy about him. I still hate clowns... _

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball