Friday, April 27, 2018

Mysterious blue snow appears in Russia

Posted on Sunday, 15 February, 2015 | Comment icon 18 comments

The blue coloring had come from a factory that made dyes. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Emmanuel Boutet
Concerns were raised when bright blue snow started to turn up on the streets of Chelyabinsk.
Russia seems to be seeing more than its fair share of abnormally colored snowfall in recent weeks having already played host to a flurry of orange snow back at the beginning of this month.

Now residents of Chelyabinsk, the city that was at the center of a large meteorite explosion back in 2013, have been reporting the appearance of snow exhibiting a peculiar bluish tinge near to an industrial zone on the outskirts of the city.

Some locals expressed concerns over the possibility that the snow could be contaminated with toxic chemicals while others claimed that it exuded an unusually sweet scent and taste.

Fortunately however the phenomenon turned out to have an entirely mundane explanation - a nearby factory producing dyes for use in Easter eggs had experienced an accidental spillage.

Far from being a dangerous chemical, the blue coloring was in fact completely harmless.

Source: Russia Today | Comments (18)

Tags: Chelyabinsk, Blue, Snow, Russia

Comment icon #9 Posted by Atuke on 16 February, 2015, 4:13
LOL shouldn't you trust the hot women the least? With most ultra hot women that is true. But something about them and that accent makes me care less. "I'm listening and I'll do what you tell me sweetheart" Obviously I'd fall to easy KGB cohersion tactics involving their beautiful women
Comment icon #10 Posted by alfonso on 16 February, 2015, 11:20
has anyone ever seen a blue easter egg??
Comment icon #11 Posted by FLOMBIE on 16 February, 2015, 13:21
Yes, I have. Plenty.
Comment icon #12 Posted by karmakazi on 16 February, 2015, 14:21
With most ultra hot women that is true. But something about them and that accent makes me care less. "I'm listening and I'll do what you tell me sweetheart" Obviously I'd fall to easy KGB cohersion tactics involving their beautiful women So long as you don't have any big state secrets, we should be okay
Comment icon #13 Posted by Atuke on 16 February, 2015, 18:36
So long as you don't have any big state secrets, we should be okay Does knowledge of proof of Sasquatch count?
Comment icon #14 Posted by karmakazi on 17 February, 2015, 13:46
Does knowledge of proof of Sasquatch count? That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes?
Comment icon #15 Posted by Atuke on 17 February, 2015, 22:15
That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes? If the Sasqaui can hitch rides on lonesome boxcar trains cross-country to find mates then why the hell not?
Comment icon #16 Posted by kartikg on 21 February, 2015, 19:03
That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes? I know missile launch codes , now where are my hot Russian women.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Maureen_jacobs on 22 February, 2015, 1:59
Call me when it is purple!
Comment icon #18 Posted by beelzebufo on 26 February, 2015, 2:13
Orange snow bewilders them and blue snow alarms them. Will green snow astound them?

World's largest wind turbine to be 853ft tall
4-26-2018
The upcoming 12 megawatt wind power platform will be almost three times the height of the Statue of Liberty.
Star map update to feature 1.7 billion stars
4-26-2018
Astronomers from ESA's Gaia mission will tomorrow release the largest map of our galaxy ever created.
Fossil footprints hint at giant sloth chase
4-26-2018
New evidence has been discovered to suggest that our ancestors hunted down giant prehistoric sloths.
Was ancient 'hashtag' the first human symbol?
4-25-2018
Hashtag-like etchings found on a rock in South Africa's Blombos Cave are thought to be over 100,000 years old.
Could you survive a nuclear bomb ?
Posted 4-24-2018 | 0 comments
If someone dropped an atomic bomb on a city, what would be your chances of survival ?

What does space smell like ?
Posted 4-23-2018 | 0 comments
Does the vacuum of space actually smell of anything and if so, what ?

Why is US paper money green ?
Posted 4-22-2018 | 0 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why the color green was used when printing US bank notes.

Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA