Friday, January 17, 2020

Mysterious blue snow appears in Russia

Posted on Sunday, 15 February, 2015 | Comment icon 18 comments

The blue coloring had come from a factory that made dyes. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Emmanuel Boutet
Concerns were raised when bright blue snow started to turn up on the streets of Chelyabinsk.
Russia seems to be seeing more than its fair share of abnormally colored snowfall in recent weeks having already played host to a flurry of orange snow back at the beginning of this month.

Now residents of Chelyabinsk, the city that was at the center of a large meteorite explosion back in 2013, have been reporting the appearance of snow exhibiting a peculiar bluish tinge near to an industrial zone on the outskirts of the city.
Some locals expressed concerns over the possibility that the snow could be contaminated with toxic chemicals while others claimed that it exuded an unusually sweet scent and taste.

Fortunately however the phenomenon turned out to have an entirely mundane explanation - a nearby factory producing dyes for use in Easter eggs had experienced an accidental spillage.

Far from being a dangerous chemical, the blue coloring was in fact completely harmless.

Source: Russia Today | Comments (18)

Tags: Chelyabinsk, Blue, Snow, Russia

Comment icon #9 Posted by Atuke on 16 February, 2015, 4:13
LOL shouldn't you trust the hot women the least? With most ultra hot women that is true. But something about them and that accent makes me care less. "I'm listening and I'll do what you tell me sweetheart" Obviously I'd fall to easy KGB cohersion tactics involving their beautiful women
Comment icon #10 Posted by alfonso on 16 February, 2015, 11:20
has anyone ever seen a blue easter egg??
Comment icon #11 Posted by FLOMBIE on 16 February, 2015, 13:21
Yes, I have. Plenty.
Comment icon #12 Posted by karmakazi on 16 February, 2015, 14:21
With most ultra hot women that is true. But something about them and that accent makes me care less. "I'm listening and I'll do what you tell me sweetheart" Obviously I'd fall to easy KGB cohersion tactics involving their beautiful women So long as you don't have any big state secrets, we should be okay
Comment icon #13 Posted by Atuke on 16 February, 2015, 18:36
So long as you don't have any big state secrets, we should be okay Does knowledge of proof of Sasquatch count?
Comment icon #14 Posted by karmakazi on 17 February, 2015, 13:46
Does knowledge of proof of Sasquatch count? That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes?
Comment icon #15 Posted by Atuke on 17 February, 2015, 22:15
That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes? If the Sasqaui can hitch rides on lonesome boxcar trains cross-country to find mates then why the hell not?
Comment icon #16 Posted by kartikg on 21 February, 2015, 19:03
That depends...does Sasquatch know missle launch codes? I know missile launch codes , now where are my hot Russian women.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Maureen_jacobs on 22 February, 2015, 1:59
Call me when it is purple!
Comment icon #18 Posted by beelzebufo on 26 February, 2015, 2:13
Orange snow bewilders them and blue snow alarms them. Will green snow astound them?

Incredible 'silkhenge' filmed in the Amazon
1-17-2020
Remarkable silk structures created by an unknown species of spider have been puzzling scientists for years.
Could consciousness pervade the universe ?
1-17-2020
The question of exactly what consciousness is has puzzled philosophers and scientists alike for millennia.
'Project Blue Book' stars talk real-life UFOs
1-17-2020
During a recent TV interview, Aiden Gillen and Neal McDonough expressed their own thoughts on UFOs.
'Strange objects' spotted at the galactic core
1-16-2020
Scientists have discovered a new type of object that is so weird that it has been assigned a whole new class.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA