Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Spirituality > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Spirituality

Boy 'met Jesus' during near-death experience

May 16, 2015 | Comment icon 36 comments

Zack recalled having a divine experience while doctors were working to save him. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The 17-year-old had been clinically dead for twenty minutes before his heart started beating again.
Zack Clements had been a fit and healthy young man when, while running during a PE class, he suddenly collapsed and had to be rushed to hospital where doctors battled to revive him.

It took them over twenty minutes to get a pulse but thanks to their efforts Clements did eventually go on to make a full recovery.

What he was able to remember of what happened while he was unconscious however would go on to make headline news.
"When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard, and it didnít take me long to realize that that was Jesus," he said. "I went up to him and he put his hand on my shoulder and he told me everything would be alright and not to worry."

His experience, coupled with his remarkable recovery, have been hailed by some as miraculous.

"For him to wake up and tell us something he experienced like that. Itís just you canít explain it," said his father Billy Clements. "Itís not humanly possible to explain it."

Zack is now hoping to return to school to continue his studies within the next few days.

Source: CBS Local | Comments (36)

Comment icon #27 Posted by spud the mackem 7 years ago
Let the family believe what their son saw, just as well he is Christian and not Muslim, or he would have seen Mohammad,
Comment icon #28 Posted by spud the mackem 7 years ago
A Muslim goes up to the Pearly Gates with a suitcase St.Peter answered his knocking and said ,you can't come in here with that suitcase The Muslim said, I don't want to come in I'm giving you all 5 minutes to get out.
Comment icon #29 Posted by No-thingBornPassion 7 years ago
Do other religions see other "gods/saints/people" if I'm a Jedi will I see Yoda?? I saw Christ in the afterlife, but I had been practicing Kundalini Yoga and wizardry for last 12 years at that time. It was completely unexpected because I was expecting to see Shiva, Lao Tsu and even Krishna and Ramakrishna, and Christ was not even on the list. Truth is stranger than conjecture. It was a big surprise to see Lord Christ in the Dazzling Darkness or Void or "outer darkness." On the other hand, I was baptist when I was baby in the Christian rite of baptism...
Comment icon #30 Posted by No-thingBornPassion 7 years ago
Medically speaking, having no pulse for 20-minutes does not mean, in-and-of-itself, that you are "dead" How about having no pulse for 9 hours while the body was already slimey and decaying -- would that be considered dead?
Comment icon #31 Posted by No-thingBornPassion 7 years ago
There is no way to know though A "resurrected" person doesn't come back empty handed, if you will.
Comment icon #32 Posted by HollandSmith 7 years ago
A few years back, I have also heard the same story from a girl named Angelica. It was discussed during one of our Religion classes. My teacher told me that Angelica was able to go to heaven and hell and was able to cite a few popular names of who lives in heaven and who resides in hell. I think, if I remember correctly, she was declared dead for 8 hours before she woke up.
Comment icon #33 Posted by HollandSmith 7 years ago
Comment icon #34 Posted by euroninja 7 years ago
John 3:13 Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of John 3:13. And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. - King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition
Comment icon #35 Posted by =Jak= 7 years ago
As per science, how much time a person can hold breath?
Comment icon #36 Posted by zeek wulfe 7 years ago
...but don*t cry for me because then I will see If what I was taught is true If there is life after death when I take my last breath Then it might be a happy adieu How can one know, how can anyone show What lies in the great beyond Millions go by their faith, you might see my wraith Smile and do not despond Thesre is no doubt in my mind A life to refine Has implied me a world of the spirit etc etc etc......

Total Posts: 7,314,032    Topics: 300,925    Members: 198,009