Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Cat with 'alien' eyes becomes Internet star

Posted on Monday, 15 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Matilda has become something of an Internet celebrity. Image Credit: YouTube / aliencatmatilda
A cat called Matilda has been raising eyebrows online due to her extremely unusual appearance.
While at first glance it might appear as though photographs of the unusual looking feline have been subjected to a fair amount of digital tampering in Photoshop, the truth of the matter is that Matilda really does sport a pair of enormous black eyes that make her look a little bit like an extraterrestrial.

Her peculiar appearance is due to a rare condition known as lens luxation which has unfortunately left her unable to see however she is not in any discomfort and still lives life to the full.

The fearless feline has even become something of an Internet celebrity after pictures of her appeared online and she now has her own website which can be found - here.

"I am a visitor here," her tongue-in-cheek Instagram account states. "Pay attention to me. Have you seen anyone else that looks like this? I'm seeking my kind."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (16)

Tags: Matilda, Cat

Comment icon #7 Posted by Atuke on 16 June, 2015, 2:13
I'm glad she's well taken care of, and she probably doesn't know what it's like to see, but I'm still sad for her
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 16 June, 2015, 7:27
Comment icon #9 Posted by MissJatti on 16 June, 2015, 14:05
Alien - cat hybrid
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 16 June, 2015, 14:15
God bless her and her good guardians. I'm so glad she is well loved.
Comment icon #11 Posted by SD455GTO on 16 June, 2015, 14:17
Reminds me of Mister Kat from the cartoon "Kid vs Kat".
Comment icon #12 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 16 June, 2015, 16:41
Well, at first I thought the cat had cataracts. Ok, I'm being serious. I in no way was trying to make a pun........................seriously. I'm with the others on being glad the cat is being loved.
Comment icon #13 Posted by McFakename on 17 June, 2015, 3:57
My wife showed me this cat\story off her Facebook the other night and I cried Photoshop as well... guess I really don't know everything
Comment icon #14 Posted by little_dreamer on 17 June, 2015, 11:38
It seems she was born with normal eyes and this condition has developed since, first one eye then the other. She seems to have an excellent home and top notch care. She'll do OK. I wonder if this condition happens to other animals. It's the first time I've heard about it.
Comment icon #15 Posted by questionmark on 17 June, 2015, 16:37
Well, it is not cataracts, it is a lens luxation, sometimes they come spontaneous, sometimes (as with my Koosha) through chlamydiae. They should get the cat to a specialized vet because those eyes will pop sooner or later without treatment (if they are treatable at all at this stage).
Comment icon #16 Posted by jsowersby on 18 June, 2015, 22:46
Hyperthyroidism?

Mars could have supported life underground
9-26-2018
A new study has revealed that ancient Mars had the right conditions to support subterranean microbes.
Pupils 'decontaminated' due to mystery stink
9-25-2018
Ten people from Wairarapa primary school in New Zealand were hospitalized due to a foul smell on Friday.
Japanese cafe to be staffed by robot waiters
9-25-2018
A cafe opening in Tokyo's Akasaka district will use robots controlled wirelessly by disabled operators.
Elon Musk reveals image of 'Mars Base Alpha'
9-25-2018
The ever-ambitious entrepreneur is aiming to construct a human colony on the Red Planet by as early as 2028.
Building a kendama
Posted 9-26-2018 | 0 comments
Adam Savage from MythBusters joins Michael Stevens from Vsauce to build a kendama.

Treadmill fall in slow motion
Posted 9-17-2018 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return with another bizarre slow-motion experiment.

Tricking your ears
Posted 9-9-2018 | 0 comments
A look at some intriguing audio illusions and at how the brain interprets sound.

The science of music
Posted 9-5-2018 | 0 comments
A look at why our brains become so hooked on particularly catchy songs.

Swimming with lemon sharks
Posted 8-28-2018 | 1 comment
Steve Backshall gets up close to a group of deadly lemon sharks.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas