Sunday, March 24, 2019

Cat with 'alien' eyes becomes Internet star

Posted on Monday, 15 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Matilda has become something of an Internet celebrity. Image Credit: YouTube / aliencatmatilda
A cat called Matilda has been raising eyebrows online due to her extremely unusual appearance.
While at first glance it might appear as though photographs of the unusual looking feline have been subjected to a fair amount of digital tampering in Photoshop, the truth of the matter is that Matilda really does sport a pair of enormous black eyes that make her look a little bit like an extraterrestrial.

Her peculiar appearance is due to a rare condition known as lens luxation which has unfortunately left her unable to see however she is not in any discomfort and still lives life to the full.

The fearless feline has even become something of an Internet celebrity after pictures of her appeared online and she now has her own website which can be found - here.

"I am a visitor here," her tongue-in-cheek Instagram account states. "Pay attention to me. Have you seen anyone else that looks like this? I'm seeking my kind."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (16)

Tags: Matilda, Cat

Comment icon #7 Posted by Atuke on 16 June, 2015, 2:13
I'm glad she's well taken care of, and she probably doesn't know what it's like to see, but I'm still sad for her
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 16 June, 2015, 7:27
Comment icon #9 Posted by MissJatti on 16 June, 2015, 14:05
Alien - cat hybrid
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 16 June, 2015, 14:15
God bless her and her good guardians. I'm so glad she is well loved.
Comment icon #11 Posted by SD455GTO on 16 June, 2015, 14:17
Reminds me of Mister Kat from the cartoon "Kid vs Kat".
Comment icon #12 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 16 June, 2015, 16:41
Well, at first I thought the cat had cataracts. Ok, I'm being serious. I in no way was trying to make a pun........................seriously. I'm with the others on being glad the cat is being loved.
Comment icon #13 Posted by McFakename on 17 June, 2015, 3:57
My wife showed me this cat\story off her Facebook the other night and I cried Photoshop as well... guess I really don't know everything
Comment icon #14 Posted by little_dreamer on 17 June, 2015, 11:38
It seems she was born with normal eyes and this condition has developed since, first one eye then the other. She seems to have an excellent home and top notch care. She'll do OK. I wonder if this condition happens to other animals. It's the first time I've heard about it.
Comment icon #15 Posted by questionmark on 17 June, 2015, 16:37
Well, it is not cataracts, it is a lens luxation, sometimes they come spontaneous, sometimes (as with my Koosha) through chlamydiae. They should get the cat to a specialized vet because those eyes will pop sooner or later without treatment (if they are treatable at all at this stage).
Comment icon #16 Posted by jsowersby on 18 June, 2015, 22:46
Hyperthyroidism?

Fridge full of beer found in field after flood
3-24-2019
Two men who had been cleaning up after a flood couldn't believe their luck when they found a fully stocked fridge.
Uri Geller wants to stop Brexit telepathically
3-24-2019
The Israeli spoon-bender is aiming to use mind over matter to compel Theresa May to revoke article 50.
Professor claims UFOs may be from the future
3-23-2019
According to Montana Tech's Michael P. Masters, UFOs may be time machines occupied by our future selves.
World's largest Tyrannosaurus rex unveiled
3-23-2019
A fossil T. rex named 'Scotty' has been confirmed to be the largest predatory dinosaur ever discovered.
Latin America's most dangerous snake
Posted 3-24-2019 | 1 comment
Coyote Peterson comes face to face with an extremely dangerous reptile.

Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 1 comment
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Why do blind people wear sunglasses ?
Posted 2-19-2019 | 2 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why blind people are often seen wearing sunglasses, even indoors.

Winter solstice hooded figures