Friday, December 14, 2018

Cat with 'alien' eyes becomes Internet star

Posted on Monday, 15 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Matilda has become something of an Internet celebrity. Image Credit: YouTube / aliencatmatilda
A cat called Matilda has been raising eyebrows online due to her extremely unusual appearance.
While at first glance it might appear as though photographs of the unusual looking feline have been subjected to a fair amount of digital tampering in Photoshop, the truth of the matter is that Matilda really does sport a pair of enormous black eyes that make her look a little bit like an extraterrestrial.

Her peculiar appearance is due to a rare condition known as lens luxation which has unfortunately left her unable to see however she is not in any discomfort and still lives life to the full.

The fearless feline has even become something of an Internet celebrity after pictures of her appeared online and she now has her own website which can be found - here.

"I am a visitor here," her tongue-in-cheek Instagram account states. "Pay attention to me. Have you seen anyone else that looks like this? I'm seeking my kind."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (16)

Tags: Matilda, Cat

Comment icon #7 Posted by Atuke on 16 June, 2015, 2:13
I'm glad she's well taken care of, and she probably doesn't know what it's like to see, but I'm still sad for her
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 16 June, 2015, 7:27
Comment icon #9 Posted by MissJatti on 16 June, 2015, 14:05
Alien - cat hybrid
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 16 June, 2015, 14:15
God bless her and her good guardians. I'm so glad she is well loved.
Comment icon #11 Posted by SD455GTO on 16 June, 2015, 14:17
Reminds me of Mister Kat from the cartoon "Kid vs Kat".
Comment icon #12 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 16 June, 2015, 16:41
Well, at first I thought the cat had cataracts. Ok, I'm being serious. I in no way was trying to make a pun........................seriously. I'm with the others on being glad the cat is being loved.
Comment icon #13 Posted by McFakename on 17 June, 2015, 3:57
My wife showed me this cat\story off her Facebook the other night and I cried Photoshop as well... guess I really don't know everything
Comment icon #14 Posted by little_dreamer on 17 June, 2015, 11:38
It seems she was born with normal eyes and this condition has developed since, first one eye then the other. She seems to have an excellent home and top notch care. She'll do OK. I wonder if this condition happens to other animals. It's the first time I've heard about it.
Comment icon #15 Posted by questionmark on 17 June, 2015, 16:37
Well, it is not cataracts, it is a lens luxation, sometimes they come spontaneous, sometimes (as with my Koosha) through chlamydiae. They should get the cat to a specialized vet because those eyes will pop sooner or later without treatment (if they are treatable at all at this stage).
Comment icon #16 Posted by jsowersby on 18 June, 2015, 22:46
Hyperthyroidism?

Was megalodon wiped out by a supernova ?
12-14-2018
A new study has suggested that the world's largest ever shark may have been wiped out by an exploding star.
'Dancing robot' turns out to be a man in a suit
12-13-2018
A recent segment on Russian state TV mistakenly reported on a 'high-tech robot' that was anything but.
Man claims to eat only once every three months
12-13-2018
'Breatharian' Khai Ho maintains that he is able to survive for months at a time on little more than air and sunlight.
Man photographs UFO over Kangaroo Island
12-13-2018
Andrew Isaacson had been visiting Australia's Cape Willoughby Lighthouse when the picture was taken.
Humboldt squid takes a bite
Posted 12-10-2018 | 1 comment
A look at what happened when Steve Backshall met a rather large Humboldt squid.

Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York