Thursday, April 26, 2018

Cat with 'alien' eyes becomes Internet star

Posted on Monday, 15 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Matilda has become something of an Internet celebrity. Image Credit: YouTube / aliencatmatilda
A cat called Matilda has been raising eyebrows online due to her extremely unusual appearance.
While at first glance it might appear as though photographs of the unusual looking feline have been subjected to a fair amount of digital tampering in Photoshop, the truth of the matter is that Matilda really does sport a pair of enormous black eyes that make her look a little bit like an extraterrestrial.

Her peculiar appearance is due to a rare condition known as lens luxation which has unfortunately left her unable to see however she is not in any discomfort and still lives life to the full.

The fearless feline has even become something of an Internet celebrity after pictures of her appeared online and she now has her own website which can be found - here.

"I am a visitor here," her tongue-in-cheek Instagram account states. "Pay attention to me. Have you seen anyone else that looks like this? I'm seeking my kind."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (16)

Tags: Matilda, Cat

Comment icon #7 Posted by Atuke on 16 June, 2015, 2:13
I'm glad she's well taken care of, and she probably doesn't know what it's like to see, but I'm still sad for her
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 16 June, 2015, 7:27
Comment icon #9 Posted by MissJatti on 16 June, 2015, 14:05
Alien - cat hybrid
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 16 June, 2015, 14:15
God bless her and her good guardians. I'm so glad she is well loved.
Comment icon #11 Posted by SD455GTO on 16 June, 2015, 14:17
Reminds me of Mister Kat from the cartoon "Kid vs Kat".
Comment icon #12 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 16 June, 2015, 16:41
Well, at first I thought the cat had cataracts. Ok, I'm being serious. I in no way was trying to make a pun........................seriously. I'm with the others on being glad the cat is being loved.
Comment icon #13 Posted by McFakename on 17 June, 2015, 3:57
My wife showed me this cat\story off her Facebook the other night and I cried Photoshop as well... guess I really don't know everything
Comment icon #14 Posted by little_dreamer on 17 June, 2015, 11:38
It seems she was born with normal eyes and this condition has developed since, first one eye then the other. She seems to have an excellent home and top notch care. She'll do OK. I wonder if this condition happens to other animals. It's the first time I've heard about it.
Comment icon #15 Posted by questionmark on 17 June, 2015, 16:37
Well, it is not cataracts, it is a lens luxation, sometimes they come spontaneous, sometimes (as with my Koosha) through chlamydiae. They should get the cat to a specialized vet because those eyes will pop sooner or later without treatment (if they are treatable at all at this stage).
Comment icon #16 Posted by jsowersby on 18 June, 2015, 22:46
Hyperthyroidism?

Star map update to feature 1.7 billion stars
4-26-2018
Astronomers from ESA's Gaia mission will tomorrow release the largest map of our galaxy ever created.
Fossil footprints hint at giant sloth chase
4-26-2018
New evidence has been discovered to suggest that our ancestors hunted down giant prehistoric sloths.
Was ancient 'hashtag' the first human symbol?
4-25-2018
Hashtag-like etchings found on a rock in South Africa's Blombos Cave are thought to be over 100,000 years old.
'World's largest mosquito' discovered in China
4-25-2018
A Chinese entomologist found the insect, which has a wingspan of 11.5cm, during a field trip last year.
Could you survive a nuclear bomb ?
Posted 4-24-2018 | 0 comments
If someone dropped an atomic bomb on a city, what would be your chances of survival ?

What does space smell like ?
Posted 4-23-2018 | 0 comments
Does the vacuum of space actually smell of anything and if so, what ?

Why is US paper money green ?
Posted 4-22-2018 | 0 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why the color green was used when printing US bank notes.

Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA