Sunday, August 19, 2018

Famed musician 'channeled dead composers'

Posted on Tuesday, 23 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Beethoven was one of the composers channeled by Brown. Image Credit: Karl Joseph Stieler
Rosemary Brown was renowned for creating music with the help of deceased famous composers.
During the 1970s this enigmatic British housewife and pianist gained significant worldwide attention thanks to her impressive and skillfull compositions that she claimed she had created by channelling the spirits of composers such as Franz Liszt, Ludwig van Beethoven and Fryderyk Chopin.

Despite widespread skepticism over her story the works of music she created were universally praised to the point where some experts believed something unusual might indeed be going on.

Pianist and expert Chopin interpreter Peter Katin was particularly impressed with her works while composer Humphrey Searle noted the similarities between her musical creations and those of Franz Liszt during the later stages of his life.

"It would have been difficult for even a very able and well-trained composer to come up with them all, especially to produce them at the speed with which they came through," wrote pianist Elene Gusch.

When asked to prove or demonstrate her abilities Brown often explained that she was unable to do so on demand because her communication with the composers was passive in nature.

Despite this however in 1969 she performed a flawless piece on film for the BBC that many music experts later maintained should have been too complex for her to have managed on her own.

Sadly Brown died in 2001 and her amazing talents have never been satisfactorily explained.

"If she is a fake, she is a brilliant one, and must have had years of training," said composer Richard Rodney who had once received assistance from Brown through one of her channelings.

"Some of the music is awful, but some is marvelous. I couldn’t have faked the Beethoven."

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (16)

Tags: Rosemary Brown, Music

Comment icon #7 Posted by acute on 24 June, 2015, 12:13
Roll over fakehoven.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Ryu on 24 June, 2015, 13:05
Kind of reminds me of this nutcase, a man who founded an equally nutty cult called "Unarius", claimed he was channeling all these people like Tesla and so forth. As if a spirit -pretending for the moment that they are real- have nothing better to do than to sit around talking to some guy who is a gazillion miles from the coast of reality. My father fell for it hook, line and sinker but I seen it for the trash that it was.
Comment icon #9 Posted by ShadowSot on 24 June, 2015, 15:43
Wiki articles are controlled by a group of skeptics that insist on throwing criticism in the wrong places to fit their views when it comes to things like this. Or, and just hear me out here the reason we don't have orchestras attributed to famous composers written just 20, 30 years ago is because they sound nothing like the composers she is supposed to be channeling. Because they don't.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Lugal on 24 June, 2015, 20:25
I wonder if there's a 'how to' guide on this. Yeah I agree I wouldn't mind channeling some Jimi Hendrix
Comment icon #11 Posted by johnnyskidmarx on 24 June, 2015, 21:57
Yeah I agree I wouldn't mind channeling some Jimi Hendrix I was thinking Dimebag Darrell. If we make it, we shall jam!
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lugal on 25 June, 2015, 1:07
I was thinking Dimebag Darrell. If we make it, we shall jam! Oh whoa thats actually way better idea and way more my style haha
Comment icon #13 Posted by FissionChip on 25 June, 2015, 4:27
Kind of reminds me of this nutcase, a man who founded an equally nutty cult called "Unarius", claimed he was channeling all these people like Tesla and so forth. As if a spirit -pretending for the moment that they are real- have nothing better to do than to sit around talking to some guy who is a gazillion miles from the coast of reality.My father fell for it hook, line and sinker but I seen it for the trash that it was. That's harsh, I'd hate to have to go through something like that. Did he eventually realize? Either way, all these composers came before her, (I'm a musician interested in man... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by some new guy on 25 June, 2015, 4:37
here is her appearance on the Kreskin TV show, her segment starts at the 9 minute mark...... she made 2 LPs that I know of, both on the Philips label here is her LP, A Musical Séance....... BEST - Ron
Comment icon #15 Posted by Ryu on 27 June, 2015, 11:41
That's harsh, I'd hate to have to go through something like that. Did he eventually realize? Nope. From what I read, after he died, his wife took over and she was just as insane as he was. She would dress up like some weird fairy queen and ramble on and on about weird stuff. My father had a few of the man's books and they were all just wonky and bizarre. As for the supposed channeling of these classical musicians, even if it was true, the music would not sound the way it was written simply because the instruments did not have the features then as they do now. The mechanics and dampeners weren'... [More]
Comment icon #16 Posted by grandfunkrailroad on 30 July, 2015, 16:37
Oh well maybe she can do me a favour and channel Jimi Hendrix for me!

Earth may have several orbiting 'mini-moons'
8-18-2018
Scientists have discovered that the Moon may not be the only natural satellite in orbit around our planet.
You can now buy a holographic 'wife' in Japan
8-18-2018
The Gatebox virtual assistant takes the form of a holographic anime girl who you can interact with.
Universe may be teeming with water-worlds
8-18-2018
Scientists have determined that a significant percentage of planets in our galaxy may be covered in water.
Scientists solve spaghetti-snapping mystery
8-17-2018
The reason why spaghetti won't snap in half without breaking in to multiple pieces has finally been found.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas