Friday, December 4, 2020

Famed musician 'channeled dead composers'

Posted on Tuesday, 23 June, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

Beethoven was one of the composers channeled by Brown. Image Credit: Karl Joseph Stieler
Rosemary Brown was renowned for creating music with the help of deceased famous composers.
During the 1970s this enigmatic British housewife and pianist gained significant worldwide attention thanks to her impressive and skillfull compositions that she claimed she had created by channelling the spirits of composers such as Franz Liszt, Ludwig van Beethoven and Fryderyk Chopin.

Despite widespread skepticism over her story the works of music she created were universally praised to the point where some experts believed something unusual might indeed be going on.

Pianist and expert Chopin interpreter Peter Katin was particularly impressed with her works while composer Humphrey Searle noted the similarities between her musical creations and those of Franz Liszt during the later stages of his life.

"It would have been difficult for even a very able and well-trained composer to come up with them all, especially to produce them at the speed with which they came through," wrote pianist Elene Gusch.
When asked to prove or demonstrate her abilities Brown often explained that she was unable to do so on demand because her communication with the composers was passive in nature.

Despite this however in 1969 she performed a flawless piece on film for the BBC that many music experts later maintained should have been too complex for her to have managed on her own.

Sadly Brown died in 2001 and her amazing talents have never been satisfactorily explained.

"If she is a fake, she is a brilliant one, and must have had years of training," said composer Richard Rodney who had once received assistance from Brown through one of her channelings.

"Some of the music is awful, but some is marvelous. I couldnít have faked the Beethoven."

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (16)

Tags: Rosemary Brown, Music

Comment icon #7 Posted by acute on 24 June, 2015, 12:13
Roll over fakehoven.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Ryu on 24 June, 2015, 13:05
Kind of reminds me of this nutcase, a man who founded an equally nutty cult called "Unarius", claimed he was channeling all these people like Tesla and so forth. As if a spirit -pretending for the moment that they are real- have nothing better to do than to sit around talking to some guy who is a gazillion miles from the coast of reality. My father fell for it hook, line and sinker but I seen it for the trash that it was.
Comment icon #9 Posted by ShadowSot on 24 June, 2015, 15:43
Wiki articles are controlled by a group of skeptics that insist on throwing criticism in the wrong places to fit their views when it comes to things like this. Or, and just hear me out here the reason we don't have orchestras attributed to famous composers written just 20, 30 years ago is because they sound nothing like the composers she is supposed to be channeling. Because they don't.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Lugal on 24 June, 2015, 20:25
I wonder if there's a 'how to' guide on this. Yeah I agree I wouldn't mind channeling some Jimi Hendrix
Comment icon #11 Posted by johnnyskidmarx on 24 June, 2015, 21:57
Yeah I agree I wouldn't mind channeling some Jimi Hendrix I was thinking Dimebag Darrell. If we make it, we shall jam!
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lugal on 25 June, 2015, 1:07
I was thinking Dimebag Darrell. If we make it, we shall jam! Oh whoa thats actually way better idea and way more my style haha
Comment icon #13 Posted by FissionChip on 25 June, 2015, 4:27
Kind of reminds me of this nutcase, a man who founded an equally nutty cult called "Unarius", claimed he was channeling all these people like Tesla and so forth. As if a spirit -pretending for the moment that they are real- have nothing better to do than to sit around talking to some guy who is a gazillion miles from the coast of reality.My father fell for it hook, line and sinker but I seen it for the trash that it was. That's harsh, I'd hate to have to go through something like that. Did he eventually realize? Either way, all these composers came before her, (I'm a musician interested in man... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by some new guy on 25 June, 2015, 4:37
here is her appearance on the Kreskin TV show, her segment starts at the 9 minute mark...... she made 2 LPs that I know of, both on the Philips label here is her LP, A Musical Sťance....... BEST - Ron
Comment icon #15 Posted by Ryu on 27 June, 2015, 11:41
That's harsh, I'd hate to have to go through something like that. Did he eventually realize? Nope. From what I read, after he died, his wife took over and she was just as insane as he was. She would dress up like some weird fairy queen and ramble on and on about weird stuff. My father had a few of the man's books and they were all just wonky and bizarre. As for the supposed channeling of these classical musicians, even if it was true, the music would not sound the way it was written simply because the instruments did not have the features then as they do now. The mechanics and dampeners weren'... [More]
Comment icon #16 Posted by grandfunkrailroad on 30 July, 2015, 16:37
Oh well maybe she can do me a favour and channel Jimi Hendrix for me!

A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball