Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Hiker snaps 'ghost' in Australian outback

Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2015 | Comment icon 42 comments

Is there something lurking in the wilds of Australia ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Fir0002
A hiker has captured the image of a strange figure while out walking near a Toowoomba water hole.
Brock David had been out walking in the Australian wilderness recently when he was overcome by a sudden sense of dread and an overwhelming feeling that he was being watched.

When he later went through the photographs he'd taken he noticed one that seemed to show a bearded man dressed in red peering out at him from behind a pile of roots and branches.

"I felt like the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up, I honestly don't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural," he said. "Oddly enough I've been experiencing a similar feeling of dread every once in a while over the last week."

The eerie photograph has since proven quite popular on social media with some Internet users even claiming to have experienced a similar sense of unease just from looking at it.

Whether the picture shows anything genuinely paranormal however remains a matter of debate.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (42)

Tags: Ghost, Outback

Comment icon #33 Posted by MissJatti on 26 August, 2015, 7:16
Just a bearded man with a red top on
Comment icon #34 Posted by Codenwarra on 26 August, 2015, 8:29
It's me, taken when I drove through Toowoomba in July, wearing the maroon sweater I've got on now. Hang on, I didn't buy the sweater until a week later. Ooooooo
Comment icon #35 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 26 August, 2015, 13:42
I'm pretty sure if the resolution was higher you wouldn't see the "figure". It looks like dead brush making the shirt and a pattern in the bark of the tree making the head. I think it would be interesting to experiment with the photograph and have it go through many programs and shades to see the whole picture and then see what the 'apparition' looks like then. It could turn out part of the scenery yes, or something else. To me, I didn't notice it til where the article pointed it out in the picture. Now, this is me, it did give me the excitable chills at first. ( remember, I like that) but yea... [More]
Comment icon #36 Posted by Goodnite on 27 August, 2015, 3:11
My vote goes with those saying its a good fake.
Comment icon #37 Posted by tsecretguy on 1 September, 2015, 2:01
I think its a great picture. Is it a ghost? I don't know but it compels me to do more research on that area in Queensland. Great Picture!
Comment icon #38 Posted by Leo Krupe on 1 September, 2015, 2:19
At first I thought it was just a mixture of tree and foliage, but as I zoomed in on it, I'm convinced it's a person. Not a ghost, of course, just an ordinary man wearing a red (and black plaid?) shirt and a baseball cap or trucker's cap. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special, just an out of focus picture of a person in the woods.
Comment icon #39 Posted by billyf on 1 September, 2015, 2:20
It certainly does look like a ghost. I'm a firm believer in them but I noticed if you cover up the red that is his body his head just looks like part of the tree. Then if you cover up his head the red looks like leaves turning color like they do when its fall or that part of the plant is dieing. yup...nothing but a dead tree and some reddish brown leaves
Comment icon #40 Posted by pixiii on 1 September, 2015, 11:36
I see a tree in the background which forms the (head) and something brown....perhaps a dirt mound or some old rotting part of a tree along with the rest of that stack of rotting branches. In my own opinion, the anomaly looks comical if it was meant to be some kind of humanoid type figure. I'd go as far to say it looks like a made-up scarecrow thing if anything. Although, after spending quite a bit of time looking at it, I'll stick to the tree and a rotting stump/mound of dirt theory for now.
Comment icon #41 Posted by Two of Hearts on 1 September, 2015, 12:18
the dingos baby all grown up
Comment icon #42 Posted by cherrylollipop on 5 October, 2015, 1:40
Is it me or does it look like Tyrion Lannister in a christmas sweater?

Prince Philip 'collects books on UFOs and ET'
11-25-2020
Recent reports suggest that the Queen's husband has a keen interest in reading about the UFO phenomenon.
Archaeologist finds 'childhood home of Jesus'
11-25-2020
Prof Ken Dark believes that he has identified the home where Jesus once lived beneath a convent in Nazareth.
Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force
11-24-2020
The US President is threatening to veto a defense bill that includes funding for the Pentagon's UFO task force.
Mystery '2001' monolith found in Utah desert
11-24-2020
A real-life version of the monolith from '2001: A Space Odyssey' has shown up in the middle of nowhere.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball