Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Ridiculous new alarm clock slaps you awake

Posted on Saturday, 14 November, 2015 | Comment icon 18 comments

Being slapped in the face is sure to wake anyone up. Image Credit: YouTube / Simone Giertz
Inventor and robotics enthusiast Simone Giertz built the device to help her wake up in the morning.
The madcap invention, which she calls 'The Wake-Up Machine', combines a conventional alarm clock with a rubber hand which swings round and repeatedly slaps the hapless sleeper in the face.

The 25-year-old, who lives on a houseboat in Sweden, tested the invention out on herself several times and while it certainly works, it isn't exactly the gentlest way to get someone out of bed.

Suffice to say the device is unlikely to be appearing in the shops anytime soon.

Source: Mail Online | Comments (18)

Tags: Alarm Clock, Simone Giertz

Comment icon #9 Posted by WolvenHeart7 on 14 November, 2015, 15:45
Yeah, that would only last once before I rip it off the wall.
Comment icon #10 Posted by seeder on 14 November, 2015, 16:02
Yeah, that would only last once before I rip it off the wall. Me too!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 14 November, 2015, 16:20
Can see another use for that in the BDSM scene...oh well...
Comment icon #12 Posted by AstralPhae on 16 November, 2015, 6:22
Haha,I guess it could come in handy.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Hawkin on 16 November, 2015, 15:04
I can see it poking someone's eye out.
Comment icon #14 Posted by spidey2 on 17 November, 2015, 10:24
Don't need one. I've got a wife.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Paranomali on 17 November, 2015, 13:39
Could think of nothing worse, I feel like alarm clocks of any type shouldn't exist and it would be brilliant to just get up and do **** when my body wanted to.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Kurzweil on 17 November, 2015, 15:22
If positioned correctly this clock could deliver a happy ending every morning. Of course you'd go back to sleep so it needs a snooze alarm. Not impressed.
Comment icon #17 Posted by tcgram on 18 November, 2015, 3:28
Yeah, that would only last once before I rip it off the wall. Same here! I don't like being smacked in the face, even if someone is kidding. It makes me see red.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Chibadiba on 18 November, 2015, 9:48
Already have a cat that does that for me but instead of a hand I get a paw to the face.

Popeye was right: spinach makes you strong
6-25-2019
Scientists have called for a chemical in spinach to be added to the list of banned substances for athletes.
Footage of weird 'gorilla crow' goes viral
6-25-2019
A recent video from Japan shows what appears to be a crow engaged in some rather peculiar behavior.
Woman who 'died' wrote haunting message
6-25-2019
A woman whose heart stopped for 27 minutes wrote down something unexpected after regaining consciousness.
Guitar store CCTV captures ghostly activity
6-24-2019
A store selling musical instruments in Brighton, UK has been gaining something of a haunted reputation.
Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx

Bed shaking
6-15-2019 | India

Red floating lights
6-15-2019 | Canada

A night-time encounter
5-28-2019 | Missouri

UFO flies over home
5-28-2019 | Ypsilanti, Mi

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment