Wednesday, June 19, 2019

World's oldest dog has died at the age of 30

Posted on Saturday, 23 April, 2016 | Comment icon 12 comments

According to Guinness World Records, the current record holder died at the age of 29. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A sheepdog by the name of Maggie sadly passed away earlier this month after living for three decades.
The Australian kelpie, who lived on a dairy farm in Australia, had been in surprisingly good health for her age and suffered only from hearing difficulties up until her death on April 16th.

"She just went downhill in two days, and I said yesterday morning when I went home for lunch: ‘She hasn’t got long now,’" her owner Brian McLaren had said at the time.

While Maggie is believed to have been older than the current record holder - a cattle dog named Bluey who lived to the grand old age of 29 - the loss of her original paperwork is likely to make an official verification of her age very difficult.

Source: Discovery News | Comments (12)

Tags: Dog, Maggie

Comment icon #3 Posted by A rather obscure Bassoon on 23 April, 2016, 12:05
My Husky Alaska is 17 and fit as a fiddle, hope she lives for a long time as well.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Hawkin on 23 April, 2016, 14:43
I've always heard that if you times 7 by a dogs age in human years which Maggie was 30, that would make her 210 in dog years. If that's correct, then that's a very long time.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 23 April, 2016, 14:57
I think with any pet however long they live the main thing is that they're loved. I say that because I've been watching some YouTube videos of animal rescues lately, the cruelty some of those poor dogs have endured is just....well no words can describe it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Gecks on 23 April, 2016, 22:07
Comment icon #7 Posted by Hawkin on 24 April, 2016, 0:36
I donate money to the RSPCA every month to help animals so I agree. I think we can say Maggie was treated very well. Her owner must have feed her well and given her good exercise to help boost her long life.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Merc14 on 24 April, 2016, 5:24
Aww. My wife lost her cat after 24 years and she still mourns her, as does my son who she slept with, at least till he drifted off, every night of his life until her passing. A special relationship for sure.
Comment icon #9 Posted by tcgram on 24 April, 2016, 21:38
RIP Maggie, until you meet your owner once again.
Comment icon #10 Posted by LucidElement on 25 April, 2016, 3:40
RiP Maggie...., u looked like a great dog.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Cloudshill on 25 April, 2016, 13:29
RIP sweet Maggie
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer on 25 April, 2016, 16:52
My current dog is named Maggie. I can hope she'll live as long. I had a 16 year of mixed cocker and a 18 year old mixed border collie, who was healthy except her legs gave out so she could walk. I really hated to have to put her to sleep. I still slip and call Maggie Josie after 3 years.

Puppy dog eyes are an evolutionary trait
6-18-2019
Scientists have discovered that dogs have evolved eye muscles to help make them more appealing to humans.
Unusual new impact crater discovered on Mars
6-18-2019
Photographed by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, the crater is unlike anything scientists have seen before.
Candidate claims to be a 'government psychic'
6-17-2019
Michigan congressional candidate Kevin Seamon has made some rather peculiar claims about his past.
Fusion could power spacecraft within 10 years
6-17-2019
A new type of nuclear fusion propulsion system could see spacecraft make it to Saturn in a matter of months.
Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx

Bed shaking
6-15-2019 | India

Red floating lights
6-15-2019 | Canada

A night-time encounter
5-28-2019 | Missouri

UFO flies over home
5-28-2019 | Ypsilanti, Mi

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment