Sunday, September 15, 2019

World's oldest dog has died at the age of 30

Posted on Saturday, 23 April, 2016 | Comment icon 12 comments

According to Guinness World Records, the current record holder died at the age of 29. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A sheepdog by the name of Maggie sadly passed away earlier this month after living for three decades.
The Australian kelpie, who lived on a dairy farm in Australia, had been in surprisingly good health for her age and suffered only from hearing difficulties up until her death on April 16th.

"She just went downhill in two days, and I said yesterday morning when I went home for lunch: ‘She hasn’t got long now,’" her owner Brian McLaren had said at the time.

While Maggie is believed to have been older than the current record holder - a cattle dog named Bluey who lived to the grand old age of 29 - the loss of her original paperwork is likely to make an official verification of her age very difficult.

Source: Discovery News | Comments (12)

Tags: Dog, Maggie

Comment icon #3 Posted by A rather obscure Bassoon on 23 April, 2016, 12:05
My Husky Alaska is 17 and fit as a fiddle, hope she lives for a long time as well.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Hawkin on 23 April, 2016, 14:43
I've always heard that if you times 7 by a dogs age in human years which Maggie was 30, that would make her 210 in dog years. If that's correct, then that's a very long time.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 23 April, 2016, 14:57
I think with any pet however long they live the main thing is that they're loved. I say that because I've been watching some YouTube videos of animal rescues lately, the cruelty some of those poor dogs have endured is just....well no words can describe it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Gecks on 23 April, 2016, 22:07
Comment icon #7 Posted by Hawkin on 24 April, 2016, 0:36
I donate money to the RSPCA every month to help animals so I agree. I think we can say Maggie was treated very well. Her owner must have feed her well and given her good exercise to help boost her long life.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Merc14 on 24 April, 2016, 5:24
Aww. My wife lost her cat after 24 years and she still mourns her, as does my son who she slept with, at least till he drifted off, every night of his life until her passing. A special relationship for sure.
Comment icon #9 Posted by tcgram on 24 April, 2016, 21:38
RIP Maggie, until you meet your owner once again.
Comment icon #10 Posted by LucidElement on 25 April, 2016, 3:40
RiP Maggie...., u looked like a great dog.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Cloudshill on 25 April, 2016, 13:29
RIP sweet Maggie
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer on 25 April, 2016, 16:52
My current dog is named Maggie. I can hope she'll live as long. I had a 16 year of mixed cocker and a 18 year old mixed border collie, who was healthy except her legs gave out so she could walk. I really hated to have to put her to sleep. I still slip and call Maggie Josie after 3 years.

UK airline pilots report UFO near-misses
9-14-2019
UFO researchers have called for an investigation into pilot reports of near-misses with unidentified objects.
Thieves steal solid gold toilet from palace
9-14-2019
The 18-carat gold lavatory was swiped during an overnight break-in at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire.
'iPhone case' unearthed in 'Russian Atlantis'
9-14-2019
A belt buckle exhibiting a surprisingly familiar shape has been discovered at a dig site in southern Siberia.
Scientists create world's blackest material
9-13-2019
Engineers at MIT have accidentally created a material 10 times blacker than anything that has come before.
A poltergeist eye witness
9-1-2019 | Iran, Kermanshah

A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX