Thursday, July 19, 2018

Man dies, vanishes during 'The Conjuring 2'

Posted on Saturday, 18 June, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

Strange occurrences have surrounded the movie's release. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 philld
The body of a 65-year-old man from India who died while watching the movie has since gone missing.
The peculiar series of events, which occurred at the Sri Balasubramaniar Cinema in Tiruvannamalai, began when the man started to complain of chest pains near to the end of a screening of the popular James Wan horror sequel 'The Conjuring 2'.

The man was rushed to Old Government Hospital where he was pronounced dead, but when his body was later sent for a post-mortem at Tiruvannamalai Government Medical College Hospital, both it and the driver responsible for taking it there mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

It's the latest in a series of peculiar incidents surrounding the movie which have included a woman being 'possessed' in the cinema and a man who returned to his hotel room after watching the film only to find that a mysterious cross had appeared on the bathroom mirror.

While some social media users have suggested that these events could be the result of a 'curse' in relation to the movie, it is far more likely that they are either unrelated incidents or some sort of promotional exercise designed to encourage more people to go and see it.

What happened to the body of the man in India however continues to remain a mystery.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (20)

Tags: The Conjuring 2

Comment icon #11 Posted by Clair on 20 June, 2016, 20:11
So a guy had a heart attack watching a movie and then his body was misplaced. Nothing unusual there and the only reason we're probably hearing about it is because it happened during a horror movie. Just like all the hype about the curses that supposedly plagued other horror movies like Poltergeist, The Omen, The Exorcists and Amityville Horror, fr example. Even the first Conjuring movie apparently had a lot of paranormal activity going on both on and off the set, including strange claw marks on someone's computer. Certain things may have happened but I don't think they had anything to do with ... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by DancingCorpse on 22 June, 2016, 11:35
I thought the first movie was decent, it executed the clichés well and surprised me with a couple interesting scenes, is the second movie concerning the enfield poltergeist? I'm sure I read that somewhere, that case is one of my favourites which I've delved into many times over the years!
Comment icon #13 Posted by LostSouls7 on 22 June, 2016, 21:57
  Wow how spooky! Now I really can't wait to see the movie!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 22 June, 2016, 22:08
Hell, my post(s) were completely deleted.  I don't think it's spooky, I think it's just damned irritating.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Jessi_Winchester on 24 June, 2016, 1:53
Well I'm glad that did not happen to me when I saw it...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Astra. on 24 June, 2016, 3:21
Hmm! it all sounds a little suspicious to me - I wonder if the old guy has shown up yet...alive or dead ?
Comment icon #17 Posted by Poppi on 24 June, 2016, 5:16
In other news, Sweeney Todd has been charged in connection with several disappearances... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweeney_Todd
Comment icon #18 Posted by AbyssWalker on 24 June, 2016, 17:03
I didn't like the first movie at all, it was just cliche after cliche to me. Hope that the guy is found. If this is just a promotional tactic, then it's a pretty old school way of promoting a horror movie. I think the moviegoers are doing their part too.  Side note : The screaming skull offered free burial services to people that died during screening!
Comment icon #19 Posted by noppohn on 6 August, 2016, 12:55
He went back the cinema for a refund
Comment icon #20 Posted by Merc14 on 8 August, 2016, 18:03
As far as I know the Enfield Poltergeist has been pretty much proven a hoax perpetrated by a teenage girl looking for attention.  The whole thing was an utter fraud.  http://www.csicop.org/si/show/enfield_poltergeist

Psychic Abilities
  Telepathy ??!
  Confused
  Genetic links to psychic ability?
 Conspiracies & Secret Societies
  Occultism
  Are chemtrails real?
  Denver International
Prehistoric baby snake found trapped in amber
7-19-2018
Scientists have discovered the well-preserved remains of a jeuvenile snake dating back 99 million years.
Telescope receives upgrade, exceeds Hubble
7-18-2018
Adaptive optics technology has now made it possible for ground telescopes to take extremely sharp images.
Your earliest memory may be fake, study claims
7-18-2018
Scientists maintain that our earliest memories could not have happened the way we remember them.
New geological era named the Meghalayan Age
7-18-2018
Scientists have announced that the last 4,200 years of Earth's history have been given an official name.
Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 1 comment
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA