Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Man dies, vanishes during 'The Conjuring 2'

Posted on Saturday, 18 June, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

Strange occurrences have surrounded the movie's release. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 philld
The body of a 65-year-old man from India who died while watching the movie has since gone missing.
The peculiar series of events, which occurred at the Sri Balasubramaniar Cinema in Tiruvannamalai, began when the man started to complain of chest pains near to the end of a screening of the popular James Wan horror sequel 'The Conjuring 2'.

The man was rushed to Old Government Hospital where he was pronounced dead, but when his body was later sent for a post-mortem at Tiruvannamalai Government Medical College Hospital, both it and the driver responsible for taking it there mysteriously disappeared without a trace.
It's the latest in a series of peculiar incidents surrounding the movie which have included a woman being 'possessed' in the cinema and a man who returned to his hotel room after watching the film only to find that a mysterious cross had appeared on the bathroom mirror.

While some social media users have suggested that these events could be the result of a 'curse' in relation to the movie, it is far more likely that they are either unrelated incidents or some sort of promotional exercise designed to encourage more people to go and see it.

What happened to the body of the man in India however continues to remain a mystery.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (20)

Tags: The Conjuring 2

Comment icon #11 Posted by Clair on 20 June, 2016, 20:11
So a guy had a heart attack watching a movie and then his body was misplaced. Nothing unusual there and the only reason we're probably hearing about it is because it happened during a horror movie. Just like all the hype about the curses that supposedly plagued other horror movies like Poltergeist, The Omen, The Exorcists and Amityville Horror, fr example. Even the first Conjuring movie apparently had a lot of paranormal activity going on both on and off the set, including strange claw marks on someone's computer. Certain things may have happened but I don't think they had anything to do with ... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by DancingCorpse on 22 June, 2016, 11:35
I thought the first movie was decent, it executed the clichés well and surprised me with a couple interesting scenes, is the second movie concerning the enfield poltergeist? I'm sure I read that somewhere, that case is one of my favourites which I've delved into many times over the years!
Comment icon #13 Posted by LostSouls7 on 22 June, 2016, 21:57
  Wow how spooky! Now I really can't wait to see the movie!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 22 June, 2016, 22:08
Hell, my post(s) were completely deleted.  I don't think it's spooky, I think it's just damned irritating.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Jessi_Winchester on 24 June, 2016, 1:53
Well I'm glad that did not happen to me when I saw it...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Astra. on 24 June, 2016, 3:21
Hmm! it all sounds a little suspicious to me - I wonder if the old guy has shown up yet...alive or dead ?
Comment icon #17 Posted by Poppi on 24 June, 2016, 5:16
In other news, Sweeney Todd has been charged in connection with several disappearances... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweeney_Todd
Comment icon #18 Posted by AbyssWalker on 24 June, 2016, 17:03
I didn't like the first movie at all, it was just cliche after cliche to me. Hope that the guy is found. If this is just a promotional tactic, then it's a pretty old school way of promoting a horror movie. I think the moviegoers are doing their part too.  Side note : The screaming skull offered free burial services to people that died during screening!
Comment icon #19 Posted by noppohn on 6 August, 2016, 12:55
He went back the cinema for a refund
Comment icon #20 Posted by Merc14 on 8 August, 2016, 18:03
As far as I know the Enfield Poltergeist has been pretty much proven a hoax perpetrated by a teenage girl looking for attention.  The whole thing was an utter fraud.  http://www.csicop.org/si/show/enfield_poltergeist

Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
60ft moving Gundam robot unveiled in Japan
12-1-2020
Japan's Gundam Factory Yokohama complex has revealed its fully functional, life-size robot to the media.
Another monolith has turned up in Romania
12-1-2020
The mystery of the '2001' monoliths has deepened after another one has appeared half way across the world.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball