Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Man dies, vanishes during 'The Conjuring 2'

Posted on Saturday, 18 June, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

Strange occurrences have surrounded the movie's release. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 philld
The body of a 65-year-old man from India who died while watching the movie has since gone missing.
The peculiar series of events, which occurred at the Sri Balasubramaniar Cinema in Tiruvannamalai, began when the man started to complain of chest pains near to the end of a screening of the popular James Wan horror sequel 'The Conjuring 2'.

The man was rushed to Old Government Hospital where he was pronounced dead, but when his body was later sent for a post-mortem at Tiruvannamalai Government Medical College Hospital, both it and the driver responsible for taking it there mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

It's the latest in a series of peculiar incidents surrounding the movie which have included a woman being 'possessed' in the cinema and a man who returned to his hotel room after watching the film only to find that a mysterious cross had appeared on the bathroom mirror.

While some social media users have suggested that these events could be the result of a 'curse' in relation to the movie, it is far more likely that they are either unrelated incidents or some sort of promotional exercise designed to encourage more people to go and see it.

What happened to the body of the man in India however continues to remain a mystery.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (20)

Tags: The Conjuring 2

Comment icon #11 Posted by Clair on 20 June, 2016, 20:11
So a guy had a heart attack watching a movie and then his body was misplaced. Nothing unusual there and the only reason we're probably hearing about it is because it happened during a horror movie. Just like all the hype about the curses that supposedly plagued other horror movies like Poltergeist, The Omen, The Exorcists and Amityville Horror, fr example. Even the first Conjuring movie apparently had a lot of paranormal activity going on both on and off the set, including strange claw marks on someone's computer. Certain things may have happened but I don't think they had anything to do with ... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by DancingCorpse on 22 June, 2016, 11:35
I thought the first movie was decent, it executed the clichés well and surprised me with a couple interesting scenes, is the second movie concerning the enfield poltergeist? I'm sure I read that somewhere, that case is one of my favourites which I've delved into many times over the years!
Comment icon #13 Posted by LostSouls7 on 22 June, 2016, 21:57
  Wow how spooky! Now I really can't wait to see the movie!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 22 June, 2016, 22:08
Hell, my post(s) were completely deleted.  I don't think it's spooky, I think it's just damned irritating.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Jessi_Winchester on 24 June, 2016, 1:53
Well I'm glad that did not happen to me when I saw it...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Astra. on 24 June, 2016, 3:21
Hmm! it all sounds a little suspicious to me - I wonder if the old guy has shown up yet...alive or dead ?
Comment icon #17 Posted by Poppi on 24 June, 2016, 5:16
In other news, Sweeney Todd has been charged in connection with several disappearances... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweeney_Todd
Comment icon #18 Posted by AbyssWalker on 24 June, 2016, 17:03
I didn't like the first movie at all, it was just cliche after cliche to me. Hope that the guy is found. If this is just a promotional tactic, then it's a pretty old school way of promoting a horror movie. I think the moviegoers are doing their part too.  Side note : The screaming skull offered free burial services to people that died during screening!
Comment icon #19 Posted by noppohn on 6 August, 2016, 12:55
He went back the cinema for a refund
Comment icon #20 Posted by Merc14 on 8 August, 2016, 18:03
As far as I know the Enfield Poltergeist has been pretty much proven a hoax perpetrated by a teenage girl looking for attention.  The whole thing was an utter fraud.  http://www.csicop.org/si/show/enfield_poltergeist

Titanic captain's haunted mirror up for auction
11-20-2018
A mirror that reportedly belonged to Captain Edward John Smith is expected to fetch over $12,000.
NASA celebrates 20th anniversary of the ISS
11-20-2018
Today marks the 20th birthday of one of mankind's greatest achievements - the International Space Station.
Camel spotted on snowy road in Pennsylvania
11-20-2018
Motorists were left perplexed when they spotted the animal on the road in the middle of a snow storm.
Horror as Chicago elevator plunges 80 floors
11-19-2018
Nightmare became reality for six passengers last week when their elevator plummeted towards the ground.
The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

The colors of autumn
Posted 10-31-2018 | 1 comment
Taking a moment to appreciate the colors and atmosphere of autumn.

Faster than a calculator
Posted 10-26-2018 | 2 comments
'Mathemagician' Arthur Benjamin shows off his amazing mathematical skills.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York