Thursday, December 3, 2020

Horror director recalls real-life ghost encounter

Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2018 | Comment icon 10 comments

Paranormal experiences occurred both on and off-screen. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Director Corin Hardy has shared a strange experience he had while filming the spin-off prequel to 'The Conjuring 2'.
The popular horror series is no stranger to tales of the unexplained with several members of the cast and crew reporting their own paranormal experiences during filming.

In an interview at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, director Corin Hardy described something strange that happened to him while filming the latest entry in the series - The Nun.

The crew had been filming a sequence called the 'Corridor of Crosses' at a fortress in Transylvania and Hardy had his monitors set up within "this little cell room along the sides of this long corridor."
"As I stepped into the room I saw a couple guys sitting in [the back] of the room," he said. "I presumed they [were from] the sound department. I said, 'Hi,' and I quickly turned around - I had my back to them. And I was watching the monitors, I was watching Taissa, I was watching the camera, and it was quite a difficult scene to coordinate, and it took about half an hour."

"So I was sitting there, there's only one doorway in and out of this room, and we finally got the shot. I turned around to say, 'Oh, did you see that? What did you think?'"

"And there's no one in the room. And there never had been."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (10)

Tags: Corin Hardy, Ghost

Comment icon #1 Posted by Ozfactor on 23 July, 2018, 10:26
Trying to flog his movie
Comment icon #2 Posted by rapido on 23 July, 2018, 12:09
@Ozfactor D'accord! Nearly every director of horror movies does it.
Comment icon #3 Posted by papageorge1 on 23 July, 2018, 15:51
I think those type of explanations get overly relied upon. It seems whenever there's a movie, or it's Halloween season, or a place wants to get a reputation, or ghost tours exist or whatever, or some  other promotion, that becomes the explanation. Now I don't doubt there are some that will whore out their honesty for fame and fortune but I think that explanation is overly reused is all I'm saying.
Comment icon #4 Posted by ChaosRose on 23 July, 2018, 16:38
It would be different if he was just now telling a story about what happened when he filmed Conjuring 2. But nope...it is again about an upcoming movie.  That explanation is used a lot because it is so often applicable.  People do want to hype up whatever it is they're intending on selling.
Comment icon #5 Posted by papageorge1 on 23 July, 2018, 17:19
We are all aware of that but it doesn’t disqualify the story either. We might also consider the media also focuses on what is most topical at the time. Older stories are less topical.
Comment icon #6 Posted by ItsNothing on 23 July, 2018, 17:43
A twist of the upcoming movie.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Seti42 on 23 July, 2018, 18:32
I think that when people are in a spooky environment or spooked out mindset, they are more likely to experience something spooky. It's called priming, and it happens all the time. The entire industry of psychics for money is built on it, as is religion itself.
Comment icon #8 Posted by John Allanson on 24 July, 2018, 2:34
It's all about bums on seats.
Comment icon #9 Posted by TripGun on 25 July, 2018, 11:46
These types of experiences are essentially our own, they are rarely convincingly conveyed and often used against us. Better to not volunteer information as no good seems to come from it.
Comment icon #10 Posted by papageorge1 on 25 July, 2018, 23:46
Actually not having experienced much myself I love hearing others' stories. That is how we all learn to consider what is possible out there. Because some want to dismiss (sometimes insultingly) any paranormal claim shouldn't stop us in the least.

A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball