Monday, October 14, 2019

Investigators appeal to poltergeist family

Posted on Friday, 19 August, 2016 | Comment icon 22 comments

What is responsible for driving the family from their home ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
The case of a mother and son driven from their home by a ghost has been continuing to generate interest.
Earlier this week the news broke that a family in South Lanarkshire, Scotland had been driven from their home after experiencing ongoing paranormal disturbances.

Police attending the scene, who were initially skeptical, soon changed their minds when they witnessed items being thrown around and the lights turning on and off by themselves.

The incident has since attracted the attention of numerous investigators, researchers and even psychics who have expressed an interest in offering assistance to the family.

Scottish psychic medium Ally Key and his wife Sadie, who together regularly conduct paranormal investigations, have drawn comparisons between this and the 1977 Enfield poltergeist case.

"We would need to conduct a full investigation to determine if there is a logical explanation or if a spirit is inhabiting the property," said Key. "I've never failed a case, we've always found an answer, paranormal or not. We want to help without a media circus or mass hysteria."

Local police, who have also expressed a keen interest in the case, allegedly called in the Catholic Church to bless the house and have since been investigating the history of the property.

Whether an explanation for the phenomenon can be found however remains to be seen.

Source: DunfermlinePress.com | Comments (22)

Tags: Poltergeist, Ghost

Comment icon #13 Posted by Calibeliever on 18 August, 2016, 13:23
I would say there is a TON of evidence. What we don't have is proof: repeatable, scientific experimentation that produces consistent results. After nearly 30 years of avocational study I'm not so inclined as you to label everyone who's had experiences as "gullible", though I remain a skeptic.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Atheist Pope on 19 August, 2016, 3:08
Evidence isn't the right word to use in these cases as they're never repeatable empirically under strict conditions; hence, real scientists won't even waste their time on this pseudo-science garbage. As we all intuitively know, ghosts don't exist anywhere except for in Hollywood movies. However, I'm open to shifting my viewpoint should actual evidence arise and convice me of my ignorance.
Comment icon #15 Posted by highdesert50 on 19 August, 2016, 17:51
A mean spirit or simply a mean prank? Why is it that these spirits are always so messy, tossing things about. Can we not find a spirit who cleans the house?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever on 19 August, 2016, 18:37
It's a matter of semantics of course, but a verbal story is evidence. It's admissible in a court of law when attempting to "prove" guilt or innocence. Photographs are also evidence even though their authenticity or content can be questioned. In a non-scientific setting a "preponderance of evidence" is usually sufficient as "proof" but science is a little more demanding. I don't intuitively know that ghosts don't exist. To me it's more of a question of what a ghost actually is. I believe there are enough unexplained phenomenon that it warrants continued investigation and maybe someday we'll hav... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by Myles on 19 August, 2016, 20:06
The lack of video is damning.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Gecks on 19 August, 2016, 23:13
Maybe they should just send Joe Nickell there, I think you will get a scientific explanation pretty quickly
Comment icon #19 Posted by Jungleboogie on 20 August, 2016, 4:59
For ages this idea has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one. Metaphysical proofs are, however, not the only ones which we are able to bring forth in support of this idea. Science, too, recognizes this connectedness of separate individuals, though not quite in the same sense as it admits that the suns, planets, and moons of a constellation are one body, and there can ... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by Mark56 on 21 August, 2016, 3:18
I think I would've had  a mixture of fascination and fright if this happened to me;  but hey ,when they put the Chihuahua on the hedge,  Man,That was  it!  You're messing with family now! (I have 2 Chihuahuas sitting with me as I blog). I would've declared war.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Duck33 on 21 August, 2016, 10:14
So far the only evidence we have of 'paranormal' activity in this story are third hand anecdotes from a newspaper. I looked at the picture of the '7ft' hedge the tiny dog ended up ontop of, pretty sure I could get one up there without raising too much of a fuss.
Comment icon #22 Posted by NiteMarcher on 21 August, 2016, 20:03

Scientists discover prehistoric 'mold pigs'
10-14-2019
A previously unknown species of microscopic creature has been discovered perfectly preserved in amber.
Arachnophobe finds a live spider in his ear
10-13-2019
When Liam Gomez felt a peculiar sensation in his ear, it signalled the beginning of his worst nightmare.
Analyst: 'US needs to investigate Navy UFOs'
10-13-2019
Marik Von Rennenkampff maintains that it's important for the US to investigate recent pilot accounts of UFOs.
DIA staff: 'Wellington Archives are haunted'
10-13-2019
New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has been plagued by reports of ghosts, according to internal files.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ