Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Investigators appeal to poltergeist family

Posted on Friday, 19 August, 2016 | Comment icon 22 comments

What is responsible for driving the family from their home ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
The case of a mother and son driven from their home by a ghost has been continuing to generate interest.
Earlier this week the news broke that a family in South Lanarkshire, Scotland had been driven from their home after experiencing ongoing paranormal disturbances.

Police attending the scene, who were initially skeptical, soon changed their minds when they witnessed items being thrown around and the lights turning on and off by themselves.

The incident has since attracted the attention of numerous investigators, researchers and even psychics who have expressed an interest in offering assistance to the family.

Scottish psychic medium Ally Key and his wife Sadie, who together regularly conduct paranormal investigations, have drawn comparisons between this and the 1977 Enfield poltergeist case.

"We would need to conduct a full investigation to determine if there is a logical explanation or if a spirit is inhabiting the property," said Key. "I've never failed a case, we've always found an answer, paranormal or not. We want to help without a media circus or mass hysteria."

Local police, who have also expressed a keen interest in the case, allegedly called in the Catholic Church to bless the house and have since been investigating the history of the property.

Whether an explanation for the phenomenon can be found however remains to be seen.

Source: DunfermlinePress.com | Comments (22)

Tags: Poltergeist, Ghost

Comment icon #13 Posted by Calibeliever on 18 August, 2016, 13:23
I would say there is a TON of evidence. What we don't have is proof:repeatable, scientificexperimentation that produces consistent results. After nearly 30 years ofavocational study I'm not so inclined as you to label everyone who's had experiences as "gullible", though I remain askeptic.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Atheist Pope on 19 August, 2016, 3:08
Evidence isn't the right word to use in these cases as they're never repeatable empirically under strict conditions; hence, real scientists won't even waste their time on this pseudo-science garbage. As we all intuitively know, ghosts don't exist anywhere except for in Hollywood movies. However, I'm open to shifting my viewpoint should actual evidence arise and convice me of my ignorance.
Comment icon #15 Posted by highdesert50 on 19 August, 2016, 17:51
A mean spirit or simply a mean prank? Why is it that these spirits are always so messy, tossing things about. Can we not find a spirit who cleans the house?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever on 19 August, 2016, 18:37
It's a matter of semantics of course, but a verbal story is evidence. It's admissible in a court of law when attempting to "prove" guilt or innocence. Photographs are also evidence even though their authenticity or contentcan be questioned. In a non-scientific setting a "preponderance of evidence" is usually sufficient as "proof" but science is a little more demanding. I don't intuitively know that ghosts don't exist. To me it's more of a question of what a ghost actually is. I believe there are enough unexplained phenomenon that it warrants continued investigation and maybe someday we'll hav... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by Myles on 19 August, 2016, 20:06
The lack of video is damning.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Gecks on 19 August, 2016, 23:13
Maybe they should just send Joe Nickell there, I think you will get a scientific explanation pretty quickly
Comment icon #19 Posted by Jungleboogie on 20 August, 2016, 4:59
For ages this idea has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one. Metaphysical proofs are, however, not the only ones which we are able to bring forth in support of this idea. Science, too, recognizes this connectedness of separate individuals, though not quite in the same sense as it admits that the suns, planets, and moons of a constellation are one body, and there can ... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by Mark56 on 21 August, 2016, 3:18
I think I would've had a mixture of fascination andfright if this happened to me;but hey ,when they put the Chihuahua on the hedge, Man,That wasit! You'remessing with family now! (I have 2 Chihuahuas sitting with me as I blog). I would've declared war.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Duck33 on 21 August, 2016, 10:14
So far the only evidence we have of 'paranormal' activity in this story are third hand anecdotes from a newspaper. I looked at the picture of the '7ft' hedge the tiny dog ended up ontop of, pretty sure I could get one up there without raising too much of a fuss.
Comment icon #22 Posted by NiteMarcher on 21 August, 2016, 20:03

Message in a bottle mystery sparks new hunt
2-19-2018
The son of a man who found a message in a bottle 60 years ago is now searching for the author's relatives.
Mystery of deadly Roman 'Gate to Hell' solved
2-19-2018
Scientists have determined what made the notorious Roman cave so deadly to those who ventured inside.
Hunt for Earth 2.0 yields 95 new exoplanets
2-18-2018
A renewed hunt for Earth-like worlds has yielded a haul of 95 previously undiscovered extrasolar planets.
Scientists create human-sheep hybrid embryos
2-18-2018
The research aims to solve donor organ shortages by making it possible to grow human organs inside sheep.
Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

The British flying Jeep
Posted 2-3-2018 | 0 comments
The British military reportedly developed a prototype flying car all the way back in 1942.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana