Thursday, July 18, 2019

Man manages to hit 89mph... on a skateboard

Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2016 | Comment icon 6 comments

Wester managed to reach 89.41mph. Image Credit: YouTube / Santa Cruz Skateboards
Skateboarder Kyle Wester has smashed the world speed record in an extremely impressive downhill run.
Protected by little more than a speedsuit and a crash helmet, the American skateboarder managed to reach a staggering 89.41mph on an undisclosed stretch of road in Colorado last month.

"Once I drop in, all my anxieties fade away," he said. "I become relaxed and focus on keeping my body as still as possible and keeping my tuck tight. You must have complete confidence in your equipment. Catastrophic failure is not an option."

The current world record of 80.74mph was set by Canadian Mischo Erban of Canada in 2012.

Wester however intends to take things even further and eventually hit triple digits.

"This is just the beginning," he said during an interview with GrindTV. "I'm hoping in my lifetime I'll be able to get to 100 mph (161 kph) unassisted just by kicking into a hill."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (6)

Tags: Kyle Wester, Skateboard

Comment icon #1 Posted by Buzz_Light_Year on 10 September, 2016, 18:34
I see road rash in his future.
Comment icon #2 Posted by paperdyer on 12 September, 2016, 16:08
I think he needs a better helmet.  I don't think a standard helmet is going to offer much protecting if he wipes out!
Comment icon #3 Posted by Mangoze on 13 September, 2016, 23:11
Marty McFly will be interested
Comment icon #4 Posted by MissJatti on 28 September, 2016, 13:16
Even vehicles on the roads of England, can not hit that speed.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hudds on 28 September, 2016, 22:00
Unlike Marty McFly (Back To The Future), Kyle was going Back To His Home.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Skulduggery on 4 October, 2016, 7:20
The ad placement is uncanny.

Richard Branson offers his thoughts on UFOs
7-18-2019
The billionaire founder of space tourism firm Virgin Galactic has commented on the UFO phenomenon.
New details of Elon Musk's Neuralink revealed
7-17-2019
The firm aims to make it possible for humans to interact with machines through a brain-computer interface.
UK divers encounter gigantic, rare jellyfish
7-17-2019
Two divers exploring the waters off the coast of Cornwall, England came across something rather spectacular.
Did the Pentagon attempt to weaponize ticks ?
7-16-2019
Congress has ordered the Pentagon to reveal whether or not it is responsible for spreading Lyme disease.

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx