Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Man manages to hit 89mph... on a skateboard

Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2016 | Comment icon 6 comments

Wester managed to reach 89.41mph. Image Credit: YouTube / Santa Cruz Skateboards
Skateboarder Kyle Wester has smashed the world speed record in an extremely impressive downhill run.
Protected by little more than a speedsuit and a crash helmet, the American skateboarder managed to reach a staggering 89.41mph on an undisclosed stretch of road in Colorado last month.

"Once I drop in, all my anxieties fade away," he said. "I become relaxed and focus on keeping my body as still as possible and keeping my tuck tight. You must have complete confidence in your equipment. Catastrophic failure is not an option."
The current world record of 80.74mph was set by Canadian Mischo Erban of Canada in 2012.

Wester however intends to take things even further and eventually hit triple digits.

"This is just the beginning," he said during an interview with GrindTV. "I'm hoping in my lifetime I'll be able to get to 100 mph (161 kph) unassisted just by kicking into a hill."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (6)

Tags: Kyle Wester, Skateboard

Comment icon #1 Posted by Buzz_Light_Year on 10 September, 2016, 18:34
I see road rash in his future.
Comment icon #2 Posted by paperdyer on 12 September, 2016, 16:08
I think he needs a better helmet.  I don't think a standard helmet is going to offer much protecting if he wipes out!
Comment icon #3 Posted by Mangoze on 13 September, 2016, 23:11
Marty McFly will be interested
Comment icon #4 Posted by MissJatti on 28 September, 2016, 13:16
Even vehicles on the roads of England, can not hit that speed.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hudds on 28 September, 2016, 22:00
Unlike Marty McFly (Back To The Future), Kyle was going Back To His Home.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Skulduggery on 4 October, 2016, 7:20
The ad placement is uncanny.

'Articulated' Neanderthal skeleton unearthed
2-18-2020
Palaeontologists have revealed the discovery of one of the most significant Neanderthal skeletons in a decade.
Concerns raised in NZ over hunt for 'giants'
2-18-2020
A group of anonymous individuals have been digging tunnels in search of evidence of 'giants' in New Zealand.
Police respond to report of 'demonic sounds'
2-18-2020
Officers were called out to investigate a very strange incident in Pueblo, Colorado on February 13th.
Scientists are developing bouncy pavements
2-17-2020
A novel new type of rubber pavement being trialled in Sweden could help to save thousands of lives.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan