Thursday, April 2, 2020

Man manages to hit 89mph... on a skateboard

Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2016 | Comment icon 6 comments

Wester managed to reach 89.41mph. Image Credit: YouTube / Santa Cruz Skateboards
Skateboarder Kyle Wester has smashed the world speed record in an extremely impressive downhill run.
Protected by little more than a speedsuit and a crash helmet, the American skateboarder managed to reach a staggering 89.41mph on an undisclosed stretch of road in Colorado last month.

"Once I drop in, all my anxieties fade away," he said. "I become relaxed and focus on keeping my body as still as possible and keeping my tuck tight. You must have complete confidence in your equipment. Catastrophic failure is not an option."
The current world record of 80.74mph was set by Canadian Mischo Erban of Canada in 2012.

Wester however intends to take things even further and eventually hit triple digits.

"This is just the beginning," he said during an interview with GrindTV. "I'm hoping in my lifetime I'll be able to get to 100 mph (161 kph) unassisted just by kicking into a hill."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (6)

Tags: Kyle Wester, Skateboard

Comment icon #1 Posted by Buzz_Light_Year on 10 September, 2016, 18:34
I see road rash in his future.
Comment icon #2 Posted by paperdyer on 12 September, 2016, 16:08
I think he needs a better helmet.  I don't think a standard helmet is going to offer much protecting if he wipes out!
Comment icon #3 Posted by Mangoze on 13 September, 2016, 23:11
Marty McFly will be interested
Comment icon #4 Posted by MissJatti on 28 September, 2016, 13:16
Even vehicles on the roads of England, can not hit that speed.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hudds on 28 September, 2016, 22:00
Unlike Marty McFly (Back To The Future), Kyle was going Back To His Home.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Skulduggery on 4 October, 2016, 7:20
The ad placement is uncanny.

Robbie Williams: a lifetime of paranormal activity
4-1-2020
The British chart-topper has had a long history of experiences with UFOs and paranormal phenomena.
What are the origins of April Fools' Day ?
4-1-2020
We celebrate it each year by pulling pranks on one another, but nobody is quite sure how it all started.
Is there a scientific explanation for deja vu ?
4-1-2020
Most of us will have experienced deja vu at some point in our lives, but what exactly causes this sensation ?
Astronaut pee could help to build Moon base
3-31-2020
The urine of the first lunar settlers could be used as a construction material to help build new structures.
In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan