Wednesday, December 11, 2019

'Creature' photographed in garden at night

Posted on Monday, 16 January, 2017 | Comment icon 75 comments

Who or what is the anomalous figure in this image ? Image Credit: Reddit / MeTarzanYouJane
A Reddit user has uploaded an image of what appears to be a strange figure running through a garden.
The photograph is one of two images that were taken by a light-sensitive camera approximately two seconds apart. The earlier of the two pictures however didn't show anything unusual.

Nobody who was present saw anything in the garden at the time and the anomaly only showed up on the image afterwards. According to the uploader, the photograph was taken by an elderly couple who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other image manipulation techniques.

Intriguingly, the 'creature' even appears to have a shadow, so if it really wasn't added to the image afterwards then there must have actually been something physically present there at the time.

Note: If the photographs below don't load please try again in a short while. They are hosted on Imgur which is currently experiencing intermittent server capacity problems.
First photograph:

Second photograph:

Comments (75)

Tags: Reddit, Garden, Creature

Comment icon #66 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 17 January, 2017, 19:02
I just got it.....its a cat on its back legs
Comment icon #67 Posted by Dyna on 17 January, 2017, 21:41
Garden decorative gnome,Added the blank photo to make it move. Looks to me like a stake holding it up the thing people see as a tail clearly seems to be a stake.
Comment icon #68 Posted by DieChecker on 20 January, 2017, 8:08
Looks like it could be a cat jumping up to grab a small basket of cat grass. What looks like a head could be a tiny basket. Something like this.... That would get the cat to jump at it on queue.
Comment icon #69 Posted by Liquid Gardens on 20 January, 2017, 19:06
What looks kinda strange to me also is the shadow of this creature.  My pareidolia is telling me there's a head with either a tall hat or beehive hairdo or something, but I don't see any shadow of that elongated head on the ground.  The shadow seems to be at least as long as the figure, so my brain is expecting that shadow to make that neck/head/hat even more pronounced.
Comment icon #70 Posted by MissJatti on 22 January, 2017, 11:41
Some leaves picked up from the ground, by the wind
Comment icon #71 Posted by DragonFire22 on 23 January, 2017, 5:21
Looks like real.
Comment icon #72 Posted by moonman on 23 January, 2017, 19:11
It's "feet" are part of one big loop on the ground, like a wire hanger bent into a stand.
Comment icon #73 Posted by Astra. on 24 January, 2017, 0:00
If anything it is certainly a brain teaser...one of the best Iv'e seen at UM. I hope somebody comes along one day and is able to explain in detail what 'exactly' this strange anomaly is...so we can finally lay it to rest.
Comment icon #74 Posted by ChrLzs on 24 January, 2017, 4:23
Does anyone here do (or want to join) Reddit?  I ask that because the person who posted these pics has now resurfaced and is, rather notably, posting on lots of stuff OTHER THAN this topic... If someone would like to help out and get in touch with him/her (maybe invite them to join up here)... we might be able to glean further info.  I can draft a set of questions, if anyone would like to help by being a Reddit go-between....
Comment icon #75 Posted by Calibeliever on 24 January, 2017, 14:49
I'm on Reddit everyday. I've never posted and rarely comment though.

'Expedition Bigfoot' reveals new video evidence
12-11-2019
A team of TV Bigfoot hunters have released a video clip of an unidentified creature picked up on thermal camera.
Celtic warrior unearthed in major Iron Age find
12-10-2019
Archaeologists in England are hailing the discovery as one of the most significant finds of the millennium.
Baba Vanga's predictions for 2020 revealed
12-10-2019
Before she passed away, the blind seer made numerous predictions about what would happen in the future.
Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia