Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Ghosts & Hauntings

'Ghost' photographed next to Civil War hospital

September 17, 2021 | Comment icon 15 comments

What exactly is this thing ? Image Credit: Reddit / Drewb1072
The image, which was posted up on Reddit, shows what has been described as a 'demon-like ghost'.
According to the poster, who goes by the name "Drewb1072" on Reddit, the photograph was taken outside a house in Chattanooga, Tennessee which was once a Civil War army hospital.

"The homeowner warned me and the realtor before we arrived that her house is 'haunted'," he wrote.

"Patients were operated on inside the home and then moved to the field out back where most would die after being placed in tents."

"This photo was taken of the tree's face, and I didn't notice the figure behind it until this evening. I walked all around that field photographing it for the seller, and not once did I see that shape by the fence in person, or in any other shots."
"The fact of the matter is, 1) it's not intentionally faked. I understand you just have to take peoples' word for it. 2) I take photos for a living, not of spirits - but of real estate. I would notice if I needed to remove a garbage bag stuck on a fence or a big piece of fabric hung on the fence. There was NOTHING there after the photo was snapped."

As for what the image actually shows, opinions seem to be mixed.

Some of the users who replied were quite impressed, while others pointed out that the 'ghost' could be any number of things and that there is too little detail in the shot to make it out properly.

Whatever the case, however, there's no denying that it's certainly eerie.

Source: Reddit | Comments (15)

Comment icon #6 Posted by MissJatti 1 month ago
It was an alien
Comment icon #7 Posted by Jon the frog 1 month ago
Having one picture and not a couple from different angle make me wonder that there's nothing there to see. One picture, seen the stuff after taking it...pfff. In the best scenario a bird, but could even be a branch from the background...
Comment icon #8 Posted by NCC1701 1 month ago
Take pictures for a living with the cheapest camera you can find. LOL.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Jon T. Todd 1 month ago
† † † †It's very blurry, but, even though it appears to be wearing trousers and a jacket, it appears to be the ghost of a woman as there is a bulge at the correct height†to be breasts. It appears to be on the other side of the fence and holding onto the fence with both hands. It looks genuine. I think a††fake would be clearer. It's hard to say what she is holding in her left hand that goes off somewhat to the left on top of the fence.†
Comment icon #10 Posted by Alpha_Q 1 month ago
My common-sense-o-meter buries the needle on the pareidolia side of the screen. Looks like a garden statue of St. Francis, or whover the one was with the animals.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Torviking 1 month ago
If this supposed to be a pro photo for a realtor, which bit of the house are you trying to sell, the drain pipes? And, it certainly doesnít show any of the property in a good light if itís being sold. I call total rubbish.
Comment icon #12 Posted by quiXilver 1 month ago
I've been doing photography wrong all these decades evidently. I use F-stop, Aperture speed and Focus to take pictures that are clear and well lit.† † Evidently, I need to just point and click with any old settings and then claim 'demon' and I'll probably sell more.
Comment icon #13 Posted by XenoFish 1 month ago
If that's a chainlink fence topped with barbed wired, it might be a plastic trash bag. Other than that it isn't clear enough to make heads or tales out of it.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Still Waters 1 month ago
He was taking a photo of the tree. †
Comment icon #15 Posted by Torviking 1 month ago
Then he obviously has no idea how to photograph trees.